Bug Report for 0.46

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

Anywhere along the bottom edge of the map will get you to Saltmarsh now, not just the bottom corner. The icon for Saltmarsh will be gray on the map from any other side because you haven't been there before. Same as on the BG maps.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

I haven't been able to find a quest connection from either Oakhurst or Saltmarsh to the Piney Bluff village, so I went there anyway via the north exit from Saltmarsh... Also, so I can't find the end for the village quest. Ah, I should have waited to say that, as I should have waited before going to there, but as I am always impatient... being an Imp and all. :doh:

The Tome of
Spoiler
the Art of Angling doesn't have a unusability description, and none of my wo/men can use it, so what's up? And it says it to be of a wrong kind, when I try to equip it at the inventory.
I also have a mace(item code: BLUN11) that has a normal mace item description, but it doesn't have a name.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 03 May 2008 - 05:07 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:18 AM

Okay, book is fixed (but I just did it so it isn't in the 0.46a patch).

Mace - do you remember where you found this? I have seen it also but now I don't know who had it. It is a standard item in the game, I don't change it but I think it isn't designed for you to pick up. I think it was a special item used by a SoA creature, not a saleable item. That may explain why they didn't include all the titles to the description.

Classic Adventures

#24 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:24 AM

Mace - do you remember where you found this?

It's in the room where there is an Xvart Priest, it's in the chest, there near Aleigha.
Attached File  Mace_2.bmp   1.31MB   313 downloads

By the way, there is also a green book that doesn't have a name, the Book should be named as History of Van Arthogs(TCBOOK09), it's found in the last room in the tower west of Piney Bluff village, but I don't know why the name doesn't show up in the game, as it's fine when I look it from the Shadowkeeper.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 May 2008 - 03:02 AM.

#25 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

I forgot to include these two files into the new patch. These update some changes I made to Chaarna and Markessa. Just copy them into your override folder. You can also copy them into the \CA046a\Auto folder so they will always get included if you need to reinstall.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

Thanks, it's fixed now. :hug:

#27 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

This concerns the illusive temple shrine in Saltmarsh.

I might have finally found it, the bug. The TC0028.BCS has an Global miss in the second IF phrase:
IF
	Global("TCJoinedWithCath","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("TCTurnOnHint","TC0028",0)
THEN...
To my understanding the value 1 should be 2, as this happens after Aleigha has joined already, in the original meating... or should she be held back in it, I do not know, but now I have two(by manually setting the global back to 1 :devil: ). :wacko: But if does, it would also mean I wouldn't be able to have Catharandamus this way. :crying:

#28 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

There is also a bug with Kurst, when I have both Aleigha and Icar in my party, he has nothing to say to me, but if I kick either out, he resumes the dialog. :(

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 09 May 2008 - 11:58 AM.

#29 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

Kurst was one of my last fixes. Not sure why it didn't make it to the patch. Okay, noted.

Classic Adventures

#30 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:35 AM

OK I have started my spellcheck. completed ~ 100 files, still have nearly 300 to go. Soo far not too many typos found.

TCVILDJ.d

Elminister > Elminster

TCSPGH1.d

it's > its

TCPBPM4.d

thnk > think
than it must > then it must
than one > then one
creatures is > creatures are

TCDUNBAR.d

damnest > damnedest [?]

TCSALTCA.d

patrion > patron
get get > get

BALEIG.d

wearbear > werebear

TCDERIL.d

Baltis > Balthis [multiple]

TCICAR.d

nervious > nervous
mircle > miracle

Setup-Classics046.TP2

Venerworth > Verenworth

ogrillon - is found in - TCOGRIL1.d TCHILLG2.d TCHOWLS.d and TCICAR.d
ogrillion - is found in - TCFGIANT.d and TCTURT.d

I did a google of both spellings and found descriptions for both. Not sure if all references are intended to be for same creature and if so whether both spellings are OK, Just thought I'd mention my observation so that SBB or other team member could check if we are being consistent in how we are using these.

edit: I reviewed the google search a little closer. Both spellings seem to refer to the same creature. The ogrillon spelling seams to be the original spelling.

Have a good day! Mythryl Eagle

Edited by MythrylEagle, 12 May 2008 - 01:01 PM.

Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#31 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

a few more typos:

TCALTHON.d

youare > you are

TCSENTIN.d

worthly > worthy

TCJOY.d

delievered > delivered

TCALEIGJ.d

signalling > signaling
it's powers > its powers

TCRIL.d

take take > take

TCKESSAJ.d

Selguant > Selgaunt
it's prey > its prey

TCHOWLS.d

rumours > rumors

TCPBGD2.d

layes > lays

Setup-Classics046.TP2

survivorability > survivability
chainmail,is > chainmail is
missles > missiles [multiple]
missle > missile [multiple]
acts a a > acts as a
rumoured > rumored
refered > referred
Schooless > Schoolless [multiple]
creatures hearts > creature's hearts
spitoon > spittoon
bolders > boulders
unliving > undead
Athkatla > Athlatka

mithral > mithril [mithril is original Tolkein spelling, doesn't make sense to use the original spelling and the alternate spelling in the same item description]
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#32 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:13 AM

Thank you so much! I am pleased to see our spelling has improved.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#33 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

A few more typos.

But first a disclaimer, I've made this comment in previous spellcheck postings but it has been a while so I'll mention it again for the newer visitors of this topic area. I'm using an american english dictionary with my spellcheck and many of the words it flags are valid spellings just not the traditional american spellings. I am including all of these in my postings and leaving it to the CA team to determine which ones to implement.

Khelban > Khelben [BVILD.d, TCPELJA.d, TCSTORM.d, TCVILDJ.d] [multiple ocurrances]

BRIVIAN.d

sofly > softly [multiple]

BBURANTA.d

realise > realize [multiple]
existance > existence
rumours > rumors
humour > humor
humourlessly > humorlessly
recognised > recognized
harbour > harbor
realises > realizes [multiple]

#34 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

Well several of the team know British English not American, so it is natural to find both here. I try to make it all consistant by changing everything to American (whether that is a good thing or not is another issue) so these were probably missed. Thanks for finding them.

Classic Adventures

#35 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:38 AM

This concerns the illusive temple shrine in Saltmarsh.

I might have finally found it, the bug. The TC0028.BCS has an Global miss in the second IF phrase:

IF
	Global("TCJoinedWithCath","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("TCTurnOnHint","TC0028",0)
THEN...
To my understanding the value 1 should be 2, as this happens after Aleigha has joined already, in the original meating... or should she be held back in it, I do not know, but now I have two(by manually setting the global back to 1 :devil: ). :wacko: But if does, it would also mean I wouldn't be able to have Catharandamus this way. :crying:

Good point. However, following the globals, I see that it should actually have been set to 3 once Aleigha has joined the party. Otherwise, Cath's dialog introducing her repeats. So now have his dialog fixed and I changed the temple to use GlobalGT so it won't matter what the value is as long as you really did accept his quest. So by finding this bug, you helped me find another. Both are now fixed. Thanks.

Classic Adventures

#36 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

OK I have started my spellcheck. completed ~ 100 files, still have nearly 300 to go. Soo far not too many typos found.

TCPBPM4.d

than it must > then it must
than one > then one

ogrillon - is found in - TCOGRIL1.d TCHILLG2.d TCHOWLS.d and TCICAR.d
ogrillion - is found in - TCFGIANT.d and TCTURT.d

I did a google of both spellings and found descriptions for both. Not sure if all references are intended to be for same creature and if so whether both spellings are OK, Just thought I'd mention my observation so that SBB or other team member could check if we are being consistent in how we are using these.

edit: I reviewed the google search a little closer. Both spellings seem to refer to the same creature. The ogrillon spelling seams to be the original spelling.

Have a good day! Mythryl Eagle

I'm going to stick with ogrillon for now. I think that was the original TSR naming.

As for the "than it must be", my understanding is that THAN is always used when comparing one thing against another (Greater Than, etc) but THEN is when using a time sequence. Since the full sentences are saying "If this THAN that" I would think the than word is the better term. I'm no English major so if someone else can clarify, please do.

Classic Adventures

#37 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

I think it's THEN in that case. THEN means one thing leading to another in that case, and is not a comparison so it cant be THAN.

Plus, I think THEN sounds more right. :) (I'm tired, and so my articulation skills have died :D )

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#38 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:42 AM

I tried this many times, and I saw a small logical error concerning Fala'stra...
Spoiler

#39 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Interesting because I am using Combatcounter(0) as a condition. So if you are still fighting the creature, this should not be set to 0. Maybe a combination of its death and the counter together will make sure the dialog doesn't trigger too soon.

Classic Adventures

#40 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

Lysan,

I agree. If I compare this to standard code writing, it is always IF THEN ELSE. Therefore, the dialog should use then instead of than. Okay. Changes coming.

Classic Adventures