Bug Report for 0.46

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#41 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:15 AM

The building(the blue-white roof-walls) next to Oghma's library in Selgaunt Bridge has a horrible bug, as I try to go upstairs, and as the game begins to load the area, it freezes and I have to restart the computer to get out of the freeze. :unsure: It shouldn't be just my installation...

Also Catharandamus repeats the same continuation(the second part) for the first phase of his story, about the high official...
I could also ask for Catharandamus to Myth Drannor, but he never showed up.
And then when I got back to the Selgaunt Bridge, he didn't try to rejoin at all, and when I went to talk to him, his dialog was the same as his almost rejection to help Rilihar(the lineup ends the line about Shar and Justicar), but in these instants he was not part of my party already, so he didn't (re)join. :crying: He also gives the line every time I try to rejoin him, after the Mistmoor quest(and probably during).

Aleigha, doesn't want to let go, and so she repeats the rejoining dialog, rejection after rejection.

Blodgett's joining dialog in Myth Drannor was also broken, hmm, -there was two option; 1)Say that I knew him from Oakhurst, after which the dialog ends. 2)Ending the dialog with the 'End dialog' button. :( But no, I don't need him, just his cloak. ^_^

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#42 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:03 AM

Very interesting. Can the other NPC's be summoned without any trouble? Is it only Cath?

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#43 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

a few more typos:

Setup-Classics046.TP2

creatures hearts > creature's hearts

I think this should actually be creature's heart's because the full phrase is "the creature's heart's blood is on my sword" which shows the possessive of the heart and the creature. Looking at it without both possessives looks strange (that doesn't mean I am correct - it just looks weird).

The rest are all included now for 0.47, thanks.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#44 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

Very interesting. Can the other NPC's be summoned without any trouble? Is it only Cath?

Well, I retried them all, and yes, Cath is the only one that has problems with that.

#45 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

The building(the blue-white roof-walls) next to Oghma's library in Selgaunt Bridge has a horrible bug, as I try to go upstairs, and as the game begins to load the area, it freezes and I have to restart the computer to get out of the freeze. :unsure: It shouldn't be just my installation...

Also Catharandamus repeats the same continuation(the second part) for the first phase of his story, about the high official...

Okay, the area's WED file was pointing to the wrong tileset. Fixed.

As for Cath, I can't find anything wrong with the banter. Is this the second one about killing the female paladin? If you tell him to give you the story later, he will keep trying. You have to let him tell some of the story for it to stop. He has no other banters with you right now so letting him tell the story should be the last time he says anything to you.

I'll see about the other issues.

Classic Adventures

#46 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

I could also ask for Catharandamus to Myth Drannor, but he never showed up.
And then when I got back to the Selgaunt Bridge, he didn't try to rejoin at all, and when I went to talk to him, his dialog was the same as his almost rejection to help Rilihar(the lineup ends the line about Shar and Justicar), but in these instants he was not part of my party already, so he didn't (re)join. :crying: He also gives the line every time I try to rejoin him, after the Mistmoor quest(and probably during).

Aleigha, doesn't want to let go, and so she repeats the rejoining dialog, rejection after rejection.

Blodgett's joining dialog in Myth Drannor was also broken, hmm, -there was two option; 1)Say that I knew him from Oakhurst, after which the dialog ends. 2)Ending the dialog with the 'End dialog' button.

Blodgett should now work, I changed the conditions to be either you say you remember him or it just ends.

Aleigha's dialog actually should have worked but I fixed it now so she really does to go Piney Bluff instead of just saying it and then disappearing. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Cath was never added to the scripts to appear in MD. This was brought up months ago to me but I kept forgetting to fix it. Done now. Also, I changed that Shar dialog so it shouldn't repeat again. There will someday be more dialog about this situation. A Shar priest helping a Selune paladin can't just end without more discussion here. I have to think of more possibilities.

Classic Adventures

#47 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

I've finished my spellcheck: Here are the last few.

BSHADOW.d

stay will > stay with

TRNOBM02.d

begger > beggar

TCRILJ.d

take take > take
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#48 --Sam--

--Sam--

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

I've found a few bugs in my current playthrough so far. My install is SoA full + ToB full + ToB patch + CA v0.46 full + .46a patch + Dialogue2DA patch. Some of the things that I've found have already been discussed so just ignore these.

1. During my first conversation with Catharandamus, Shadow pipes in and says ?Be careful charname, there is a DWARF trying to hide in the shadows?. Shortly afterward, Catharandamus calls Aleigha foreword. Is Aleigha a dwarf (I think not) or is there someone else in the room?

2. I kicked Aleigha out of my party right after getting her and she initiated dialogue with me every few seconds saying ?I knew if I sulked around here long enough, you?d be back.?

3. When I talk to Catharandamus again he introduces Aleigha and asks her to step foreword again.

4. When fighting the Sahuagin (it might have been just the guards), their weapons broke almost every time I hit them and I wasn?t using a weapon that had an improved chance of breaking them (Shatterspike for instance). This didn?t happen the last few times I played through the game. I?ve got a large collection of broken weapons that I can?t sell. I hate wasting money.

5. In the Mistmoor Manor, I can go up to the roof alone but to get back down I must gather my party.

6. Rilithar doesn?t give me my reward after meeting back up with him at his house. He only gives his join-party dialogue.

7. The book in Rihn?s inventory doesn?t have a name. Its description says ?+20 to lore while equipped?, but you have to use it to get the lore bonus.

8. The picture in the description of Rhin?s instrument (Shamisen) has a big, white box around it.

9. The description of the berries in one of the houses on the Selgaunt Bridge doesn?t fit the TC setting. They describe people and a quest in Athkatla.

10. When I try to enter the second level of the house left of the Oghma Library on the Selgaunt Bridge, my game crashes to desktop.

#49 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:42 PM

1. During my first conversation with Catharandamus, Shadow pipes in and says ?Be careful charname, there is a DWARF trying to hide in the shadows?. Shortly afterward, Catharandamus calls Aleigha foreword. Is Aleigha a dwarf (I think not) or is there someone else in the room?

4. When fighting the Sahuagin (it might have been just the guards), their weapons broke almost every time I hit them and I wasn?t using a weapon that had an improved chance of breaking them (Shatterspike for instance). This didn?t happen the last few times I played through the game. I?ve got a large collection of broken weapons that I can?t sell. I hate wasting money.

1. There are dwarves, you just have to take different dialog paths to see them.
4. I have had that happen mostly with the pirates, without the Shatterspike... for a long time now(...0.45, 0.43, 0.42?, 0.41?). It might have something to do with the +2 longsword(it does ice damage)...

It would also be nice to be able to 'repair' the broken weapons and armor(found at least one) and Broken miscellaneous and the gold equipment... the skeleton skulls, to something more usable, like a steel golem. ^_^

#50 --Sam--

--Sam--

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

to something more usable, like a steel golem. ^_^

That would be cool! Toss in a magical book andy you'd get good bedtime readings maybe! :lol:

#51 --Sam--

--Sam--

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

Is the Effect "Drop weapons" what gives a weapon the chance to break non-magical weapons when hit? Shatterspike's description says it has a 50% chance to do this, but its Effect only gives it a probability of 25%. Is this an inconsistancy or has my lack of knowledge about such things led me to yet another false conclusion? Either way I will have learned something.

#52 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:59 PM

Actually, I have been trying multiple methods to implement this ability but none have worked the way I want. This was my first attempt. If you look at most of the enemies, you will see that they use WTASIGHT. BCS as a default script. In that script I add a large block that checks to see if the enemy was hit by someone using the Shatterspike weapon. If so, there is a 50% chance that the script will drop the held weapon and replace it with a broken weapon. So far, I haven't seen this work much. From what some of you here have posted, it is working. The ITM file just has the ability to drop the enemy's weapon and cause them to panic (that is what I have never seen work). So I still have some more work to do to get this working the way I would like.

Classic Adventures

#53 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:39 AM

When I enter to the old tomb part of the Slaver's fortress, The Crypt Things AI fires(uses) their Contingencies as I enter the area, and so they are nearly defense less when I get to them.

Also I think that the Stunt effect of the Incinerator(Bastard Sword) has a bug, as the game crashed a few times after I got the sword, while it was in use.

And the destroyed skeleton archers(Burning Skeletons??) give experience every time I reload a savegame.
The only way I could see this to be solved, is to make the skeletons 100% immune to fire damage and lowering their damage quite much, so the (fireball)fire damage would be about 10(5d3 for example) hit points per hit. Thus the skeletons would have to be killed by the croup and so the experience reward would not be an issue.

The Executioner starts his speech right after I go to the area, so I can't see him as he is really far away from either of the entry points.
The Westgate store sells 5 Two Handed Swords(+1), Halberd (+1) and Katana(+1), but they are all unidentified.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 May 2008 - 06:20 AM.

#54 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

When I enter to the old tomb part of the Slaver's fortress, The Crypt Things AI fires(uses) their Contingencies as I enter the area, and so they are nearly defense less when I get to them.

I'll have to see about fixing their scripts - Fixed

Also I think that the Stunt effect of the Incinerator(Bastard Sword) has a bug, as the game crashed a few times after I got the sword, while it was in use.

You mean "Stun"? I'll have to check on this also.

And the destroyed skeleton archers(Burning Skeletons??) give experience every time I reload a savegame.

WTH??
Found it. They have a script which causes the selfdestruction and gives you the XP for their death (otherwise, you don't get the XP). Still playing with how to make this better.

The only way I could see this to be solved, is to make the skeletons 100% immune to fire damage and lowering their damage quite much, so the (fireball)fire damage would be about 10(5d3 for example) hit points per hit. Thus the skeletons would have to be killed by the croup and so the experience reward would not be an issue.

They are already 100% immune to fire and magic fire. The fireballs are from the standard Arrows of Detonation. These do regular fire damage, not magic fire damage. Not sure why they can kill each other, it shouldn't happen. Not at all sure why you get extra XP when reloading. I don't see anything in their CRE files. These and the Crypt Things come from IWD/HoW. Maybe I need to rebuild their CRE file instead of just porting them from IWD.

Since their script causes self-death, I still need to figure out why one can destroy the others around it. They should be immune to each other.

The Executioner starts his speech right after I go to the area, so I can't see him as he is really far away from either of the entry points.

Fixed.

The Westgate store sells 5 Two Handed Swords(+1), Halberd (+1) and Katana(+1), but they are all unidentified.

Fixed.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 27 May 2008 - 06:03 AM.
Updates

Classic Adventures

#55 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

The stun effect only lasts 4 seconds and there is only a 10% chance it will work. I did find that part of the settings was to change the opponent's colors while stunned. I don't think this was working correctly. I changed it so we shall have to see if that was the needed fix.

Classic Adventures

#56 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:45 AM

The stun effect only lasts 4 seconds and there is only a 10% chance it will work. I did find that part of the settings was to change the opponent's colors while stunned. I don't think this was working correctly. I changed it so we shall have to see if that was the needed fix.

That should fix it, as I used DLTCEP, to delete the forth(4) extended effect on the sword, and the crashing went away. ^_^

As I tried to get Kessa to surrender and join me, she just kept fighting even after she the dialog(tried this few times, with the same result).
Spoiler

Also one's I had force joined her(Ctrl+Q), I noticed that one of her protective spells(assumed, as it's said to be the Spell Turning spell) adds 100 weight to her, so I can't move her for a while from where she stands. Also the Character portrait is just big box of black.

Also at the same time I noticed that when I kicked Rihn out, I only had one option in the dialog and it was to keep her. :wacko:

#57 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Kessa still has some bugs to work out. She should fight to the death but I think we had one chance to have her stop and join the party instead. That may be what you are seeing. As for resurrection, I have that now fixed. The priestess was bringing back the wrong version of her (enemy). Not sure about the spell causing a weight problem. That seems really strange.

As for Rihn, is Vildamyr in the party? He should leave with her if so. If not, it is a different dialog to check.

Classic Adventures

#58 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

The priestess was bringing back the wrong version of her...

So I assume that you didn't include the priestess because of this. As I tried to search the whole Westgate-Suderham Axis, without finding her. And might this be also why there is no TC2012.are file or location? Yet at least...

As for Rihn, is Vildamyr in the party? He should leave with her if so. If not, it is a different dialog to check.

No, but there is very life like statue of him in the Selgaunt Bridge. :D
How truly ironic that I might need to re-petrify a centuries old statue. ^_^
Fortunately I do have multiple of the protective stone curse scrolls... I might even get to start a display. :twisted:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 01 June 2008 - 10:35 AM.

#59 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:13 PM

To bring back Kessa, you must have Althon in your party (for now). In Suderham, there is a home that he will start a dialog with the guards standing at the door. They will let you in after this dialog. This is Lamonson the Lazy's home (he is one of the slavers and Althon, Markessa, Fala'stra, and Kessa all know him). Upstairs, a priestess of Lovitar should be down near the piano and harp, sofa, etc. She will bring back Kessa, but her dialog right now may still bring back the wrong CRE file. Just test it to see. This is one of the last fixes I tried to add to the 0.46a patch but didn't test it. So I may have skipped adding it. It is definitely in 0.47 but my party hasn't gotten there yet to test it. In this version, she is there whether Althon is in the party or not.

Classic Adventures

#60 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

To bring back Kessa, you must have Althon in your party (for now). In Suderham, there is a home that he will start a dialog with the guards standing at the door. They will let you in after this dialog.

Well I get the dialog with the Suderham Captain, he won't let me in, as in; open the locked door. And then when I go inside with the picked lock, I can't find the priestess in the second floor.

This is all with CA 0.46+0.46a+the Dialog2DA.rar(content extracted of course)+few minor mods that shouldn't interfere...

And then I can't find Chaarna,
Spoiler
, after the Silver Princess quest.