Photo

Eldritch Phantom Modification

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1395 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

After talking to a friend, I think there'll probably be the following Addition to an Eldritch Phantom's Powers.

At level 24, under the following conditions
1) Obfuscation must be In Effect
2) Non-Detection must be In Effect
3) Party must not be engaged in Combat

the Eldritch Phantom will use an ability on the melee weapon ; it lasts for only 1 attack
- Backstabbed target gains Protection from Magic for 2 seconds

This will further enhance the role of the Eldritch Phantom as the anti-mage assassin - perfect given their understanding of the arcane arts, I feel.

Do you guys feel this is overpowered / underpowered?
Should it be put as a separate ability? (assuming I can implement it in this form. separate ability will be more powerful since there is more flexibility for use)

Edited by Zyraen, 25 April 2008 - 01:49 AM.

Posted Image____Posted Image____Posted Image
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#2 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:04 AM

What will it mean? If it is for two seconds, do you basically intend that it dispells all buffs?
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:22 AM

- Backstabbed target gains Protection from Magic for 2 seconds

Ah, you mean that as a negative effect, so he doesn't gain but is cursed with Protection from Magic for 2 seconds?

What will it mean? If it is for two seconds, do you basically intend that it dispels all buffs?

Kinda yes, I guess. After all, he should be able to finish his job quietly.

Hmm, there is also other option, silence the target. :D
Cerberus v1.05, MegaModKits v1.01L, iiSpellSystemAdjustments v7.1; mods by Jarno Mikkola the Imp. FAQ for the Megamods. The Frequently Answered Questions.
BWS - Standard = not imba items spells or cheats. Tactical = AI hardly stupid = stupid hard. Expert = broke.
In case the BG2 game crashes post the content of your baldur.err file. To get it to record stuff, open up the 'baldur.ini' in your game folder with Notepad, and under the [Program Options] section in the file, make a new line and type in 'Logging On=1' (without the '' quotes, unless the line is already there)... Save the file and exit. Now go back into the game and try to reproduce the crash. Then look in your game folder again for the Baldur.err file and open it with the Notepad to analyze its contents, or let us do it.
Posted Image

I am afraid of nothing.

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1395 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

Yes, "cursed" is definitely more appropriate than "gained" :devil:
Posted Image____Posted Image____Posted Image
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

Reply to this topic