74 replies to this topic

#21 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

Er.. if you're Lehtinan, I'd be more worried about Hendak, to be honest. :P

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#22 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

I have to say, I'm very impressed with... Matt Damon though, and Anomen's hair is... so impressed, that I could almost live. :D

Got you back with your own selective quoting technique. :devil: Were you also a journalist?

Scippy... You are an evil, evil man, I hope you know that... ^_^
Thanks for the laughs though!! :lol:

Edit: And no, I'm no journalist, but I am a med student, and that means that we are very much aware of how you can tell people one thing and they'll hear a totally different thing... :D

Edit 2: And besides, whatever does "impressed hair" mean, seriously!! :lol:

Edited by Eleima, 06 June 2008 - 11:08 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#23 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

I think its a good idea that you assume the pc to be a guy as he was one in the books so only makes sense to do it if there was a movie...

I also assume you take him to be some fighter type? I doubt they would have kits in the movie so he would most likely just be a fighter?

Also I guess your skipping Jan Jansen the gnome and korgan the dwarf?

I cast one of my games, so the PC had to be a guy. I'm sure they can make him a Barbarian. As for Jan and Korgan, I had no idea which mae actors might be as short as, say, Christina Ricci.

And looking at those photos again, I think I've fallen in love with Mena Suvari, the "American Beauty" teen seductress who is now all nicely grown up. So I can still romance Aerie if Naomi Watts won't have me.

...Wait, she played Angela? I never knew that!
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#24 -Al-

-Al-

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

Funny, I was thinking of including Vin Diesel, though I always thought he looked identical to Valygar (hair and voice aside)! Also, don't underrate him. He's indeed woked in a number of bloody awful films throughout his career, but he does an excellent job when presented with a more serious role, such as his work in Lumet's Find Me Guilty.

I also always saw George Clooney as a compatible choice for Keldorn - that said, Harrison Ford could play the role of a more "devilish" character, much like Aran Linvail. I'd think that to use Johnny Depp as Saemon Havarian would simply be type-casting, and would also rather use an actor with a sharper look, alla Ricardo Darin.

And John Hurt would make a fine Gorion or Elminster, anyone agrees?

#25 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

And John Hurt would make a fine Gorion or Elminster, anyone agrees?

I do!!! I simply love John Hurt, he's a very good actor, and would fit the bill very well, either way (Gorion or Elminster). :)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#26 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:15 AM

Posted Image
Sam Riley - <CHARNAME>

Posted Image
Helena Bonham-Carter - BODHI

Posted Image
Clive Owen - Saemon Havarian

Posted Image
Gemma Ward - Aerie (Sure, she's not an actress, but I can't see it being a very demanding role. :P

Posted Image
Orlando Bloom - Haer'Dalis

Posted Image
Mathieu Kassovitz - Khalid

Posted Image
Ayelet Zurer - Jaheira

Posted Image
Jason Isaacs - Irenicus

Posted Image
Alyson Hannigan - I think the world basically agrees she is IMOEN

Posted Image
Eva Green - Viconia

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#27 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:44 AM

Ooh yes, Gemma Ward as Aerie would suit perfectly!

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#28 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:46 AM

Jason Isaacs - Irenicus

Alyson Hannigan - I think the world basically agrees she is IMOEN

Yep on both counts. :D If you ask me Jason Isaacs would make a great conceited Irenicus - which is basically what Irenicus is when he's not using Powerword: Kill. ;)

(Oh and Alyson already has similar looks to Imoen so yeah <_< )

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#29 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

[Photos and captions....]

Nice cast! That little Gemma girl would be a lovely Aerie, and Orlando Bloom is ideal for Haery'Arse.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#30 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

I dont know I cant imagine Hannigan doing anything other then comedy shes a riot on the tv show "How I met your Mother" but I just cant see her being Imoen

But I do agree she does look alot like her so I wouldnt be mad if she played I just think someone else could pull it off better

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#31 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

I dont know I cant imagine Hannigan doing anything other then comedy shes a riot on the tv show "How I met your Mother" but I just cant see her being Imoen

But I do agree she does look alot like her so I wouldnt be mad if she played I just think someone else could pull it off better

Even the man I love to hate, Ben Stiller, made the switch from what he calls "comedy" to a fair performance in "Night at the Museum." Alyson Hannigan should be able to do that while preserving the fun-at-heart spirit of Imoen. She's also incredibly gorgeous, so she's my Immy!
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.

#32 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

Even the man I love to hate, Ben Stiller, made the switch from what he calls "comedy" to a fair performance in "Night at the Museum." Alyson Hannigan should be able to do that while preserving the fun-at-heart spirit of Imoen. She's also incredibly gorgeous, so she's my Immy!

Ok am I like the only person who remembers Buffy the Vampire slayer?!?? of coarse she makes a good Imoen, she's so harmless seeming even though you know she's not....it works
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#33 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

Ok am I like the only person who remembers Buffy the Vampire slayer?!?? of coarse she makes a good Imoen, she's so harmless seeming even though you know she's not....it works

Heh heh, he chuckled, Alyson was the only reason I ever tried to watch Buffy. It didn't work because I thought the show was gawd-awful, but Alyson looked nice.
-- Very boring old man

#34 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

Heh heh, he chuckled, Alyson was the only reason I ever tried to watch Buffy. It didn't work because I thought the show was gawd-awful, but Alyson looked nice.
-- Very boring old man

First off : The show was amazing though I liked Angel better >.> but the characters were fun

She is a great actress, especailly when she has to play a part where she's supposed to still be playful but also vengeful and incredibly evil

ya know...if they did make a movie Angelina Jolie would wind up in it somehow....
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#35 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:22 AM

Y'know, if anyones actually serious about a BG film, there'd be no better time than now to write a script and send it off to a studio. My guess is with the success of certain fantasy franchises (think boy wizards, snow queens and hobbits), and the abundance of super-hero-trilogy type movies around, studios would be looking for something well-written and in a similar vein.

Basically, there's a very realistic chance it would/will be picked up at some point.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#36 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:01 PM

Y'know, if anyones actually serious about a BG film, there'd be no better time than now to write a script and send it off to a studio. My guess is with the success of certain fantasy franchises (think boy wizards, snow queens and hobbits), and the abundance of super-hero-trilogy type movies around, studios would be looking for something well-written and in a similar vein.

Basically, there's a very realistic chance it would/will be picked up at some point.

It could be a possibility if studios have changed their self-protection policies. I understand most of them won't even open an unsolicited script. They work ONLY on scripts they have commissioned. They're afraid that if they reject a script and later do anything even remotely similar, some crackpot writer will sue them for theft of intellectual property.

Even if this no longer the situation, you'd come against copyright issues from the current franchise owners. Who are they, Sierra?

#37 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

We should seriously consider Kate Beckinsale as Viconia. Look, she just dismembered an Avariel.

Kate_Beckinsale___Viconia.jpg

#38 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

Heh if only you could do that in the game...

I just recently started again but this time I wont use Aerie so when I did the circus mission I made sure Quayle died...muwhahahahahahaha! She was so sad :devil:

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#39 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

Seeing as how there are very very few game turned movies that were bearable to watch without your side hurting from laughing so hard, I'd say anything we could come up with would be awesome.

Keep Kate Beckingsale away from ANY innocent roles. Please.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#40 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:38 AM

Seeing as how there are very very few game turned movies that were bearable to watch without your side hurting from laughing so hard, I'd say anything we could come up with would be awesome.

Keep Kate Beckingsale away from ANY innocent roles. Please.

I completely agree. I couldn't abide BG being slaughtered. D:

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth