Photo

The cast of "BG2: The Movie"

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

Let us pray, to every god and anti god, that a bg movie never happens unless true fans with money are involved
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#42 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:03 AM

Let us pray, to every god and anti god, that a bg movie never happens unless true fans with money are involved

I heartily agree!!!
Now... who do we know who's a fan and has lots and lots of money?... :rolleyes:
Count me out, I'm still just a student! :lol:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#43 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

I heartily agree!!!

Sorry, I'm broke. Although once I get out of school and become a famous animator, then we may get somewhere XD
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#44 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

Same, when I get out of school and become a famous actress or a writer (haha not going to happen) I will donate all of my money to this cause!

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#45 evildevil

evildevil

:-)

• 410 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

If there was a movie, keep Sarevok in his BG1 armor, and have Kevin Michael Richardson return as his voice. And if possible, keep David Warner for Irenicus. They are the two voices that suited their characters the best, and it would be terrible to see them change.
Every spelling error above is not my fault, and I should not be counted liable for such.

#46 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

Personally if there is a movie, I think it'd be cooler 3-D animated than live action. As soon as I get an animation program for my home computer, I was actually planning to animate little short cartoon parodies of the series, even though I know that's not the same. Why? Just for the amusement of other fans.
So everyone pray I can get enough money saved up to buy the darn program.
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#47 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:32 AM

Done Beowulf style, it could work, using the original voice actors. But I still don't think it should be made. And for the love of Bhaal, keep Uwe Boll away from it!

#48 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

Oh gawd, Cal, don't even *mention* that name.
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

#49 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

I've heard horrible rumours of an Uwe Boll Fallout movie. *shudder*

#50 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

Some weeks ago there was excellent news about Boll, if this is to be believed.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#51 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

I would so want to be a random villager in the movie, heck I'd settle for a female Habib role...."MY NAME IS HABIB"*throws sword*
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#52 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

Some weeks ago there was excellent news about Boll, if this is to be believed.

Thank God for that. Seriously, In the Name of the King (the Dungeon Siege movie) was the only one of his films I could even stomach, and even that was mediocre at best. Although, I do admit, when it came to the two petitions, I *did* sign the one to let him keep making movies, because everyone deserves to express themselves, and there *are* people out there, however few, who like his movies. I figure its better to let him keep making movies, and those of us sensible people can just not watch them. Besides, everyone gets lucky every once in a while, so who knows? Maybe one of these days, unlikely as it may be, he may actually make something decent.
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

#53 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

I'm not sure how adding one's voice to a call of "please KNOCK IT OFF" interferes with anyone's "right to express themselves." Also, having that right does not translate into the right to an audience or an entitlement to borrow and destructively alter the work of others.

[EDIT]Hmm. I wonder how Peter Jackson would do as director? He has some experience with making epic fantasy stories not suck as movies...

Edited by Azkyroth, 25 June 2008 - 09:07 PM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#54 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:37 AM

Ha, I signed the other petition! The sheer awfulness of Alone in the Dark is enough to persuade me never to watch another of his movies. Although I expect I will, just through morbid curiosity...

#55 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

I heartily agree!!!

I'd probably have to take over a Hollywood studio to do it... and fund the movie and distribution channels on top of that. Not saying it would be impossible, but... :whistling:

I still like these options more:

Sarevok - Dwayne Johnson/The Rock
Aerie - Elisha Cuthbert (sorry, Gemma, but I really want an actress in this role)
Mazzy - How about Anna Paquin instead of Christina Ricci?
Viconia - Halle Berry is the obvious choice, but if we're being a bit crazy, we could always cast Gauge...
Keldorn - Harrison Ford is good, but I'd rather put in Patrick Stewart or Pierce Brosnan
Jan - Joe Pesci
Valygar - Gary Dourdan
Irenicus - David Warner...
Bodhi - Juliet Landau (sorry, but this is basically the perfect role for her, and she even looks like Bodhi!)... she also did Drusilla on Buffy and Angel, for those of you who don't know the name

Jaheira is always a hard one, but how about Claudia Black?
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#56 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:38 PM

How about me? :whistling:

Just kidding, just kidding! But hey! I always wanted to play Jaheira!*pouts*
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#57 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

How about me? :whistling:

Just kidding, just kidding! But hey! I always wanted to play Jaheira!*pouts*

Gain about 15 years :cheers:
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#58 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

Jaheira's only 21, from what I recall--I remember reading she was only a year older than the PC. But that's a bit OT.

Keldorn = Sean Connery, for me.

#59 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

Great actor, but too much of a good guy to play the role.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#60 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:43 AM

Great actor, but too much of a good guy to play the role.

I can't see Sarevok waggling his eyebrow and saying "Can you smell what Sarevok is cookin'!" somehow.
I always thought Vinny D would be a better fit - he does the charismatic evil thing really well in Pitch Black/Riddick. And he has a deep enough voice (even if he doesn't sound quite the same as KMR).

I read somewhere else Jaheira was around 30, but it doesn't really matter, does it? She certainly acts a lot older than 21...