Translating PS:T Fixpack, UB & QTweaks

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#81 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:56 AM

Anyways, Homisite and Avantenor, I'm very grateful for doing that file, thank you kindly :)

Which is why I hate to say this, cause it'll seem ungrateful... but I'm going to need a bunch more german translating in this coming week if I'm going to be able to include german in the next version of these mods :(

The german.tra that I attached to post #36 of this thread should be very simple to finish, as I already did 95% of the work for it by copying from the german dialog.tlk and just changing the casting speeds myself. You could probably finish the remaining needed translations in that file in a few minutes, and if you can do that one, then I can at least make german available for the Fixpack, if not the other mods.

Beyond that, I'll still need translations for ub.tra, dcheats.tra and MorteTeeth.tra for the Unfinished Business mod (see post #37), and qtweak.tra and dscales.tra for the Tweak pack (see post #39).

The release is scheduled for the July 4 weekend, so... one week to go. Good luck, hope you can make it :)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 27 June 2008 - 07:21 AM.

#82 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:35 AM

Avantenor will check on monday on which files he was already working.
Maybe we can finish at least some of your three mods fully translated to the end of next week.

Edited by HomiSite, 28 June 2008 - 02:35 AM.

#83 -Pdflk-

-Pdflk-

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

Now if only someone would actually say the words "I've played this mod for more than 2 hours and haven't run into a problem yet", I'd really be happy, lol. The most feedback I've gotten so far is "I installed it and yes, I did get the extended Morte intro". *sigh*

I can haz feedback?

Hi, I'll use this occasion to say thanks for your work. :)
I don't know if this could help you in any way but I tried your mods (in english) with the italian translation.
I tried both ways:
1) replace dialog.tlk AFTER installing mods
2) replace dialog.tlk BEFORE installing mods

First way makes the game freeze when you use things added with mods (i tried with the scale); second way seems to work nice, extra dialogs are in english. Played a couple hours and seems there are no problems with the game (tried again using scale).

Hope this could help, bye :)

#84 Yakkuz

Yakkuz
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

Great Pack :D

I hope i have the time to restart playing this awesome game.

I would let you know that i'm trying to contact the guys which makes the Italian .tlk ...hoping they're in the mood to help a little here.

There are only 6 file (.tra) that need to be translated?

Regards

#85 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

Seven total. None are very big. Ghildrean translated them into spanish by himself (as far as I know) within 3 days of my posting the files. The files that need to be translated are attached to posts 36, 37 and 39 of this thread, and one of them (dscales.tra) had a corrected version uploaded at post #61.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 06 July 2008 - 05:42 PM.

#86 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:25 AM

Just to let see that there is (slow...) progress in the german translation:

Attached File  german.tra   20.39K   205 downloads (Release Candidate 1)

Attached File  qtweak_ger.tra   4.79K   203 downloads (Release Candidate 1)

I am not very satisfied with some of my phrasings :), so maybe some other could take a look.
I used TREP for translation and did not test the translations ingame (maybe important for the installation prompts).

#87 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

It's been over a week, so thought I'd check in. Any progress updates on translations (german or otherwise)? :)

Again, if anyone can volunteer to help Homisite out with the german translation, it would be much appreciated. The next versions of the mods are waiting on the german translation, which will also include an additional 17+ fixes for the fixpack. Any other translations that can be completed by the time the german one is done will also be implemented in those coming-soon versions.

Qwinn

#88 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:15 AM

It is semester endtime here, so I have not much time (and motivation) to look on the translations; the posted RCs above are not that bad that you could not use them (well, german.tra at least, because for the Tweak Pack some files are still untranslated). I did not hear from Ava, maybe he has more stress at university, I don't know.

At the end of the week, I should have more time (then I try to install PS:T to check the installation prompts).

Edited by HomiSite, 15 July 2008 - 01:16 AM.

#89 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

That's fine, Homisite, good luck on exams and thanks for your hard work :)

Qwinn

#90 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

Okay, good news Homisite. I got in touch with Zenju, the guy who did the latest round of proofreadings of the german dialog.tlk, and he's agreed to help. He proofread the three files you just gave. Attached are his proofread versions, if you want to look, but between the two of you I'm quite satisfied that these should be okay:

(note: "german.tra" actually needs to be called "fixpack.tra" when it goes into production, and the attachment for it reflects that change).

In the next post I'll collect the files that still need translations, just to keep everything orderly.

Qwinn

Attached Files

Edited by Qwinn, 15 July 2008 - 03:31 PM.

#91 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

The following are the files that still need translating into german:

Qwinn

Attached Files

#92 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Zenju has provided translations for dcheats.tra and ub.tra as well, woohoo :)

So all that's left now is MorteTeeth.tra and dscales.tra.

Qwinn

Attached Files

Edited by Qwinn, 17 July 2008 - 12:47 PM.

#93 Arkain

Arkain
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

I could (try to) translate those two if nobody else wants to ;). I have no idea if it'll be okay with the translation's general style though, been quite some time since I've played that one.

Edited by Arkain, 17 July 2008 - 02:34 PM.

#94 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

Go for it, Arkain, that'd be great. Zenju says he's going to be a bit busy now, but he's looked over the main translations recently. So if you can do an initial translation, and then he can just go over it looking for that sort of thing, that should work out well. Thanks for the help!

Qwinn

#95 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

Yup, checked with Zenju, and he's quite willing to do the post-translation proofreading work. So don't stress about making it consistent with the style of the main translation - he's got that part covered. Just translate it as you would any text, and it should work fine. Thanks again Arkain :)

Qwinn

#96 Arkain

Arkain
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

Well, I've finally started working on it today and just finished dscales.tra. I hope I didn't forget anything and that it's at least okay. I'll try to start with MorteTeeth.tra as soon as possible, hopefully tomorrow. It's quite short so that should be doable.

For now here's dscales.tra to proofread and whatnot ;)

[edit] Fixed the error in @96 and uploaded the file again. [/edit]

Attached Files

Edited by Arkain, 21 July 2008 - 10:07 AM.

#97 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

Great job Arkain :) I let Zenju and Homisite know it's there.

Qwinn

#98 Arkain

Arkain
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

[edit] Well, I won't be able to do anything about the remaining file today and I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to. Maybe at the end of the week. [/edit]

Edited by Arkain, 22 July 2008 - 06:17 AM.

#99 Arkain

Arkain
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

I hope the new posting's okay. If not, feel free to delete it and copy&paste its content into the former one.

Well, I finished MorteTeeth.tra a moment ago. I hope it's quite okay - I had some problems with it, to be honest. Didn't sound even slightly elegant in some cases. So... here it is. Have fun with it ;)

Btw: Why is there only about half of the entire teeth dialogue in it? The part with the shapechanging into fangs etc. seems to be missing.

Attached Files

#100 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:50 PM

Because the "missing" part is in the original dialogue file, and is what I'm restoring. If I could've gotten away with just restoring the part that's "missing", I would've, but I needed to add -something- to account for some engine limitations. I cover the issue in detail pretty thoroughly in the UB readme's description of that component, go see :)

And thanks HUGE for your help, Arkain :) Really. I'll let the other guys know, hopefully they can hop on it this weekend :)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 24 July 2008 - 07:42 PM.