Yay, great!

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

Persistence definitely paid off in that run didn't it? :cheers:

Looking forward to trying it!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

Great! Thanks for your hard work, erebusant! :)
Thanks to you, Revised Battles was updated in French, German, Spanish and Italian. :D

#5 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thank you very much, erebuscant :)
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:31 AM

Sure it's nice that we have these, but erh, what are they(Improved Battles) do? (after reading the Read me)--> So it patches instead of overwrites the old:

Component 1: Modified STATS.IDS
Component 2: Improved Drizzt
Component 3: Improved Mencar Pebblecrusher
Component 4: Improved Mad Cleric
Component 5: Improved House Jae'llat
Component 6: Improved Lord Roenall
Component 7: Improved Master Brain
Component 8: Improved Wraith Sarevok
Component 9: Improved Cohrvale, Bregg & Alamas
Component 10: Improved Firkraag
Component 11: Improved Fire Giants
Component 12: Improved Shade Lord
Component 13: Improved Trademeet Crypt
Component 14: Improved Dungeon
Component 15: Improved Temple Sewers Party
Component 16: Improved Kiser Jhaeri
Component 17: Improved Falahar
Component 18: Improved Drow Pit Fights
Component 19: Improved Chromatic Demon
Component 20: Knights of Dark Renown
Component 21: Arcane Avenger Kit
Component 22: Blademaster Kit
Component 23: Demon Knight Kit
Component 24: Bastard Kit
Component 25: Bug Fixes (SoA)

Thanks.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Also by the looks of it, the Kiser part is done and not a work in progress like with 5.1.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#8 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

From the readme:

Components
1. Detectable Spells {Cirerrek & David Wallace} - For ?Revised Battles? I replaced the previous version of the modified STATS.IDS with the latest version of Detectable Spells currently maintained graciously by David Wallace.

2. Improved Drizzt {Tyrus} - Tyrus always thought that the ?optional? battle against Drizzt and his companions should be more difficult so he created the ?Improved Drizzt? mod which was subsequently added to the ?Improved Battles? mod. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

3. Improved Mencar Pebblecrusher {Moonfruit} - A good battle to practice your skills on is Mencar and company above the Den of the Seven Veils. They are a well rounded group (2 warriors, 2 mages, 1 thief), yet their combined battle power is somewhat pathetic to the more seasoned player. This component gives them better equipment, and also improves the scripting for all of them, especially Sorcerous Amon and Pooky. There is also an additional encounter with Pooky's parents. Beware though ? they are very difficult. Some people may find this encounter too difficult upon exit of Irenicus? Dungeon, and it is recommended you wait until around level 11 - 13, unless you wish to test various new tactics. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

4. Improved Mad Cleric {Moonfruit} - For the life of me, although this encounter was a very difficult battle and very enjoyable, I never could quite come to grips with the idea of a ?Mad Cleric? running about casting all types of wizard spells. For ?Revised Battles? I put the poor mad man back to the way he should be, so in game you will not notice any difference from the original ?vanilla? Mad Cleric encounter? Or will you, eventually??

5. Improved House Jae'llat {Tyrus} - This could never be classified as a fight, but merely as a butchery. To say the least, this was a boring battle where the only noticeable reward was Water's Edge: Scimitar +3 and a whole lot of pearls. The difficulty has been drastically increased, as well as the addition of some extra reward. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

6. Improved Lord Roenall {Tyrus} - Lord Roenall wants your castle, and if you say no and he will *eventually* attack your castle with his pathetic 'army'. It used to be that you could merely start the battle, kill Lord Roenall in three seconds tops and the battle was over. Not anymore. Lord Roenall and his goons have been made more challenging, seeing that you usually face him right before finishing the game. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

7. Improved Master Brain {Moonfruit} - For the final boss of the Illithid Lair, the Master Brain is somewhat heavily under-powered. He has a large amount of psychic power which is completely absent from the game, making him a walkover. This component makes him quite a bit tougher, and also allows him to make more use of his immense psychic powers. Some might find this a tad difficult, but I feel it may still not be enough of an improvement (in Easy and Normal difficulty). I would strongly suggest that seasoned players try this encounter on Core, or even higher, to get the full experience. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

8. Improved Wraith Sarevok {Moonfruit} - Your half-brother, Sarevok the traitor - the demi-god who tried to claim your life so that he may ascend Bhaal's Throne of Blood. He who took your foster father's life without a moment's hesitation. Banished to hell, he awaits for you to join him... with a NON-ENCHANTED weapon! This component fixes one of the most exploited bugs in the game - the one which allows you stand and watch as Sarevok attempts to hurt you. He also calls a few friends to the party. Not too difficult, but a significant improvement over the original. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

9. Improved Cohrvale, Bregg & Alamas {Moonfruit} - The two most pathetic enemies in the game have got to be Cohrvale and Bregg, the duo who hang around in the Slums below the Copper Coronet. This is not a significant improvement as such, but more of a fix really. All I have done matched their stats to their levels, and given them some better equipment. This component also slightly improves Alamas (the guy you fight in Surly's pit in the Copper Coronet). For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

10. Improved Firkraag {Tyrus} - The battle against Firkraag is a tad boring, so I decided to spice things up a bit. I have made it that you first fight Lord Jierdan wielding two very interesting weapons (made by me, inspired by Moonfruit). He then changes into his dragon form. Many people may consider this far too difficult because I have used very challenging scripts. For ?Revised Battles? I have coded several dialog and compatibility patches to make this component work with NEJv691, Romantic Encounters, and Freedom?s Reign ? Reign of Virtue.

11. Improved Fire Giants (needs ToB) {Moonfruit} - Fire Giants, ferocious beings feared throughout the Realms, and yet in BGII they fall to 3 Abi-Dalzim's. How cliché. This component raises their magic resistances, and gives the average (Elite) Fire Giant a few spells. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

12. Improved Shade Lord {Tyrus} - This battle was very anticlimactic. After all the effort of going through the Temple Ruins and the option of facing a Shadow Dragon, you finish it off with a pathetic little battle. You face a Shade Lord (woo scary), a level 20 barbarian that casts a few boring spells and then attacked you but never hit you. I have changed all scripts and creature files to make this battle a bit better. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

13. Improved Trademeet Crypt {Tyrus} - A small quest involving the retrieval of a mantle from a very dangerous crypt; yeah right! This battle had two Skeletons and two Skeleton Warriors, and one actually cast a few spells (woo). This component will makes this quest a bit more dangerous. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. I have also added component checks for AzenMod so if installed in conjunction with it; this component will make the Trademeet Crypt even more dangerous. Good Luck!

14. Improved Dungeon {Tyrus} - This component addresses two separate battles in Irenicus' Dungeon: - The Cambion to the right of Ilyich & the three thieves that you face right before leaving Irenicus' Dungeon. This component will make them more difficult, with bonus reward, but not as ridiculously difficult as Improved Ilyich. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

15. Much Improved Temple Sewers Party {Tyrus} - This battle was never particularly difficult until the Improved Mages component, which made Gaius a bit more irritating, but it was still very easy. There was a suggestion to have it improved, so I did. After Lamfáda's removal from Moonfruit's Ruad Mod, many people wanted the Robe of Enduring to return. I have made one of Tarnor's friends a monk and you'll have to kill him for it. Everybody's script has been changed and better equipment and more experience added. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. I also beefed up the party just a little bit more, making them even more difficult.

16. Improved Kiser Jhaeri (needs ToB) {Moonfruit} - For a very cautious thief, the battle with Kiser is rather swift and simple. With this component he makes better use of his natural thieving abilities, including hiding and backstabbing. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. I also did my best to complete the construction, and enhance this encounter even more with additional cohorts. Hopefully the additions will be to Moonfruit?s approval.

17. Improved Falahar {Tyrus} - I'm guessing this is a battle that was supposed to be part of a quest but producers didn't have time to finish it. I didn't know about it till a while back and I haven't ever heard anybody saying anything about it. Well let me tell you, when you fight four people, two of whom are worth 12,000 XP, although they die after a few well placed shots. Everyone here isn't worth the experience that you get from them. This component will fix that. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

18. Improved Drow Pit Fights {Moonfruit} - This component improves the battle in Szordrin's Pit where you face four "ferocious" beasts. A slight improvement over the original tank-it-out version, this component only makes them physically stronger. They still use all their original spells though. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

19. Improved Chromatic Demon (needs ToB) {Moonfruit} - Surely a demon as powerful as this cannot be without some followers? This component adds a few interesting characters, and also increases the demon's fighting and spell-casting ability. For ?Revised Battles? I have merely coded this component to patch rather than overwrite game files. The content remains unchanged.

20. Knights of Dark Renown {Moonfruit} - Loosely based on the David Gemmell novel, this component was probably the most enjoyable to create. This encounter triggers when you reach level 15, but if you are not in the city at that time it will only trigger when you return. I won't spoil any of the surprise, but I will say this: it can be difficult, but it can also be very easy. For ?Revised Battles? the content remains unchanged.

21. Arcane Avenger Kit {Moonfruit} - I've always thought there should be a kit that is very good against spell casters. Many would dispute that the Wizard Slayer effectively fits the task, but I disagree. So I sat down and though about it, and this is what I came up with.

ARCANE AVENGER: Although the mere mention of their name strikes fear into the very core of an arcane spell caster, many Wizard Slayers seek to improve upon their already-abundant talents. This requires immense physical and spiritual training, but the result is a being of unsurpassed raw power: the Arcane Avenger.

Able to cross a magical threshold without a scratch, Arcane Avengers can harness the power of immunity to all potentially-threatening spells - from Magic Missiles to Flame Arrow; Cloudkill to Horrid Wilting; even the dreaded Time Stop.

Advantages:
- Gains a +5 bonus to THAC0 and Damage vs. Mages and Sorcerers.
- Gains a +5 bonus to Saving Throws vs. Spells.
- Ethereal Vision, once per day for every 10 levels. All invisible creatures are made visible every six seconds, for a duration of 60 seconds.
- Shimmering Force, once per day for every 10 levels. All offensive spells cast at the Arcane Avenger in the next 30 seconds will automatically be deflected.
- 9th level: Immunity to all Hold, Charm and Confusion spells.
- 15th level: The Arcane Avenger gains 4% magic resistance per level (i.e. 60% at 15th level).
- 17th level: Temporal Stasis, once per day. The Arcane Avenger is immune to Time Stop for the duration (30 seconds).

Disadvantages:
- May only obtain grand mastery in ordinary mage weapon types.
- Can only dual-class to a Mage (requires 18 Intelligence).
- Must be of a Neutral alignment.
- Only Humans, Elves and Gnomes may become Arcane Avengers.
For ?Revised Battles? the content remains unchanged.

22. Blademaster Kit {Tyrus} - This is loosely based on the Apprentice Kit created by Shin/Salvanas (I couldn't get in contact with him) as well as the original Kensai. To put it simply: this kit is a Kensai that can wear armor but cannot dual-class.

BLADEMASTER: Men and women that travel the known world and study under various masters to perfect their fighting skills. While they may delve into other areas, they tend to focus on swordsmanship. They only fight in light armor and use their incredible speed and accuracy to decimate their foes.

Advantages:
- Bonus -1 to AC and -1 AC to slashing every 4 levels.
- A Blademaster starts off moving at +2 movement rate.
- Bonus +1 to hit, damage, and attack speed for every 5 levels.
- May use 'Sword Dance' ability one time per day for every 4 levels (starts at 1st level with one use): this ability lasts 10 seconds and improves THAC0 and AC by three points and grants an extra attack.
- May use 'Kai' ability one time per day for every 5 levels (starts at 1st level with one use): this ability lasts 10 seconds and makes all attacks do maximum damage.

Disadvantages:
- May not wear armor greater than studded leather.
- May not specialize in weapons other than swords.
- May not become proficient in the 'Sword and Shield' style.
- May not dual-class.

23. Demon Knight Kit {Tyrus} - Many people seem to enjoy playing with an evil character and this is my attempt to make such a kit. I have given this kit many advantages as well as disadvantages, but I will gladly accept any comments/suggestions.

DEMON KNIGHT: Humans which have been consumed by the taint of Demonic blood and are twisted into corruption, making their actions and powers resemble those of a Demon. As a Demon Knight gains experience he or she gains many abilities that other demons have. A few examples are great resistance towards fire and magic as well as being able to determine which plane he is in.

Advantages:
- Immune to fear and morale failure.
- Immune to hold.
- 40% resistance to fire.
- 12th level: Becomes immune to Maze.
- 15th level: Can summon a demon to aid in battle once per day.
- 21st level: Becomes immune to Imprisonment.
- Gains two points of magic resistance per level from level 1 to 20 (i.e. 40% at lv.20).
- Can cast Demonic Fear one time per day for every 4 levels (starts at 1st level with one use): All enemies within the area of effect when this spell is cast must save vs. spells or flee in terror.
- Can cast Inner Sight one time per day for every 4 levels: When this spell is cast, an area roughly 70 feet in radius around the caster will be affected. Instantly and once each round for 1 turn after this spell is cast, all hostile illusion/phantasm spells in the area of effect will be dispelled.
- Can cast Fire Shield Red one time per day for every 8 levels (starts at 1st level with one use).
- Can get Aura of Flaming Death as a high level ability.

Disadvantages:
- May not specialize in weapons other than Two-Handed Swords, Bastard Swords, Long Swords and Halberds.
- Must have a Chaotic Evil alignment.
- May not become proficient in the 'Sword and Shield' style.
- May not dual-class.
- Must be Human.
- Maximum wisdom and charisma scores of 8.
- Cannot use ranged weapons.

24. Bastard Kit {Moonfruit} - This kit actually started off as a joke, but it ended up looking rather interesting and enjoyable to make. It's a sort of tongue-in-cheek take on the other kits in the game. Enjoy.

BASTARD: Cruel, cunning, conniving - these are the core elements to the Bastard's savage survival. Rejected because of their heritage, they are forced to live a harsh life, turning towards crime as a means of survival. Skilled with the bastard sword and small blades, they are silent, efficient mercenary's who seldom kill a victim without torturing them first. They also possess great magical abilities - the power to summon call upon the Seven Deadly Sins.

Advantages:
- The Bastard is immune to backstabbing.
- Avarice, once per day at levels 9 and 18. Creates a magical weapon of the Bastard's choice for 15 seconds.
- Envy, once per day at levels 17 and 34. The Bastard can increase his damage, number of attacks, or movement rate for the duration (15 seconds).
- Gluttony, once per day at levels 5 and 10. The Bastard temporarily gains 30 hit points for the duration (15 seconds).
- Lust, once per day at level 13. The Bastard may summons Sadistic Sarah to aid him in battle. The duration is 5 minutes.
- Sloth, once per day at levels 11 and 22. The Bastards gains a temporary immunity to all magical damage, including elemental, for the duration (15 seconds). However, the Bastard's movement is halved, and his number of attacks reduced.
- Vanity, once per day at levels 15 and 30. All creatures that look at the Bastard must Save vs. Spell (-2) or die. Creatures that make a save still suffer a temporary blindness.
- Wrath, once per day at levels 7 and 14. The Bastard's strength and constitution are increased by 4 points, but his dexterity, intelligence and wisdom scores are decreased by 2 points (for 15 seconds).
- May obtain the "Greater Lust" High Level Ability.

Disadvantages:
- May only obtain mastery in Bastards Swords, Short Swords, Daggers and Crossbows.
- Must be of Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil alignment.
- Maximum charisma score of 10.
- Only Humans, Dwarves and Half-Orcs may become Bastards.
- Every 5 levels there is a random 10% chance that the Bastard loses one point of Wisdom or Charisma.
For ?Revised Battles? the content remains unchanged

Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#9 Deca

Deca
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:21 AM

Has anyone tested if it is compatible with Big World v5.2?

#10 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Has anyone tested if it is compatible with Big World v5.2?

Actually, the real question is if Big World is compatible with it...

It takes a village...

#11 Deca

Deca
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

I am tryin an installation atm.Will keep you posted about results

#12 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

I am tryin an installation atm.Will keep you posted about results

The Revised Battles should be compatible with the BWP, because of patching and not overwriting files anymore. In addition Leonardo ist testing this mod at the moment.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

Improved Firkraag does not install. The installer says skipping and lists components of FR/RoV and RE that haven't been installed yet.

- King Diamond

#14 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:26 AM

Improved Firkraag does not install. The installer says skipping and lists components of FR/RoV and RE that haven't been installed yet.

Can you post your debug? Also, did the base Firkraag component install? There should be nothing to preclude that.

It takes a village...

#15 evildevil

evildevil

:-)

• 410 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

Will I need to uninstall v5.6 first?
Every spelling error above is not my fault, and I should not be counted liable for such.

#16 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

Will I need to uninstall v5.6 first?

Yes. Any previous version of Improved Battles should be uninstalled 1st.

It takes a village...

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

Can you post your debug? Also, did the base Firkraag component install? There should be nothing to preclude that.

Nope I deleted it but from what you say it did start copying 5-10 files then in brackets things (components) from FR-RoV, RE's "the Unsheathed Sword" and something else came up so I thought it skipped. Also none of those mods it mentioned in the DOS box were installed prior. It was weird .

Edited by Hoppy, 28 June 2008 - 08:06 PM.

- King Diamond

#18 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

Nope I deleted it but from what you say it did start copying 5-10 files then in brackets things (components) from FR-RoV, RE's "the Unsheathed Sword" and something else came up so I thought it skipped. Also none of those mods it mentioned in the DOS box were installed prior. It was weird .

Yes, but what does your WeiDU log say? It should have a line that looks like this in it:
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Firkraag
Then if you do not have NEJv691, FR_RoV, or Romantic Encounters "Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword" component installed, the .tp2 should automatically skip past those compatibility patches and not allow you to install them or else you'll seriously screw up your dialog.tlk file, among other things.

Edited by erebusant, 28 June 2008 - 08:20 PM.

It takes a village...

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

Ohhh, OK they are compatibility bits for those other mods. That makes sense. Hopefully I will have some time to play it now. :cheers:

- King Diamond

#20 evildevil

evildevil

:-)

• 410 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

Silly question: Is it possible to put a mod kit on a PC with ShadowKeeper. I uninstalled v5 and installed v6, completely ignoring the fact I was using an Arcane Avenger PC...
Every spelling error above is not my fault, and I should not be counted liable for such.