80 replies to this topic

#41 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

During a new megamod installation, we got these errors with Revised Battles:

DS error: SCRL07.ITM is corrupted, probably by a previous mod. I'm skipping it.
DS error: POTN33.ITM is corrupted, probably by a previous mod. I'm skipping it.

Here are the change-logs of these items:

Mods affecting SCRL07.ITM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 3 0 // BG2 Fehlerbehebungen (Hauptteil)
00001: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 3 3 // BG2 BETA Fehlerbehebungen (Hauptteil)   (schaut bitte in die Liesmich Datei!)
00002: ~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ 1 7 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.66 WeiDU - BG2Fixpack adjustment
00003: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs
00004: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 2 10 // Auffindbare Zauber
00005: ~KITANYA/SETUP-KITANYA.TP2~ 0 1 // Wizardslayer Bugs Fix
00006: ~SETUP-SPELLPACKB5.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Pack (Core Files and Graphics)
00007: ~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ 2 27 // Abändern der .CRE Fertigkeiten, Fähigkeiten und Wirkungen. Dieser Bestandteil MUSS installiert werden.
00008: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 3 7 // Zusätzliche Ausrüstung für Diebe und Barden
00009: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 3 2000 // Zauberschlag erlauben, einen Schutz von Magischen Schriftrollen abzunehmen
00010: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 3 6110 // Gibt Betrachter-Strahlen eine Chance, den Zauberschutz zu "durchbrennen".
00011: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 3 6150 // Magier wirken sofort bei Kampfbeginn einige kurzzeitige Zauber, um das Wirken vorm Kampf vorzutäuschen.
00012: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 3 2170 // Zauber von Schriftrollen (und anderen Gegenstaenden) auf der Stufe des Charakters wirken 
00013: ~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ 0 26 // Increase Scroll by 300%

Mods affecting POTN33.ITM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 3 0 // BG2 Fehlerbehebungen (Hauptteil)
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ 0 0 // Gavin NPC for Tutu and BGT, 14April2008
00002: ~SETUP-SPELLPACKB5.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Pack (Core Files and Graphics)
00003: ~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ 2 27 // Abändern der .CRE Fertigkeiten, Fähigkeiten und Wirkungen. Dieser Bestandteil MUSS installiert werden.
00004: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 3 7 // Zusätzliche Ausrüstung für Diebe und Barden
00005: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 3 6110 // Gibt Betrachter-Strahlen eine Chance, den Zauberschutz zu "durchbrennen".
00006: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 3 6150 // Magier wirken sofort bei Kampfbeginn einige kurzzeitige Zauber, um das Wirken vorm Kampf vorzutäuschen.
00007: ~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ 0 19 // Increase Potion by 300%

Attached is the WeiDU.log.

Greetings Leomar

Yep. Probably either item revisions or spellpack screwed the pooch with them. The first thing that runs with the Revised Battles .tp2 is standard DW Detectable Spells code, so if it spits them out, something previous to Revised Battles crapped on them, just like the DS error notates. Good news though, hopefully you'll find a copy of each of those .itm files in Revised Battles/backup/27. If they are there, then they have most likely been repaired.

It takes a village...

#42 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

SpellPack did it. Run Nythrunfix after SpellPack and things should be peachy.

#43 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for the answers. We'll try it. :)

[EDIT]

I've posted this issue in the SpellPack forum:
http://forums.blackw...?showtopic=4512

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 03 April 2009 - 09:51 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#44 -yago-

-yago-

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

I encountered a problem with Component 20: Knights of Dark Renown which ended in not beeing able to do this quest.
Guess I allready found the solution for this which is playing the german Version without memoryaccess=100.
The problem itself: Everything went fine until the Lord isnt able to harm any of the kids resulting in the cutsequenzes the be broken
I activated the Bloodoption by now, but well this quest is over so I cant do further testing

There may still be some sort of workaround like leting the installer modify the baldur.ini and set memoryacess=100 or actually let the cutsequenz continue without the slavekids needed to be dead.

#45 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:11 PM

Found a typo in mencar\baf\pookpar.baf.

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","b#pkydad") and CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","b#pkymom")

should be

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","b#pdad") and CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","b#pmom")

respectively.

#46 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

Found a typo in mencar\baf\pookpar.baf.

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","b#pkydad") and CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","b#pkymom")

should be

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","b#pdad") and CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","b#pmom")

respectively.

Fixed locally...

It takes a village...

#47 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

Is it possible for Lug to not spawn in any type of city area? He will spawn in Hlondeth if the triggers (Level?) are right. Can't make it to the Slums in Samildanach's timer which is one day or maybe two. Just a suggestion for megamod worldmap installs.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#48 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

Is it possible for Lug to not spawn in any type of city area? He will spawn in Hlondeth if the triggers (Level?) are right. Can't make it to the Slums in Samildanach's timer which is one day or maybe two. Just a suggestion for megamod worldmap installs.

I'll look at it when I get there.

It takes a village...

#49 mercurier

mercurier
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

A minor bug/exploit:
Should .\drizzt\itm\b#robe01.itm (another robe of vecna) be droppable? In 6.3 it is...

#50 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

We use Taimon's "Creature Offset Checker" to correct offsets for better compatibilities in megamods. By Revised Battles there were the followings:

Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\drizzt\cre\c6bruen.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\drizzt\cre\c6bruen2.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\drizzt\cre\c6catti.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\drizzt\cre\c6catti2.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\drizzt\cre\c6regis.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\drizzt\cre\c6regis2.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\drizzt\cre\c6wulf.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\drizzt\cre\c6wulf2.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\jaellat\cre\copy\jael03.cre]
Zeroed effects offset in [RevisedBattles\jaellat\cre\copy\jael04.cre]
The cre's are o.k., but it could give problems, if another mod want to change the cre's later (if it want to use the same offset).

Attached are the corrected cre-files.

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#51 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

Firkraag. b#fir03.cre has a local identifier firkra02 assigned to it, so in the area AR1200 no Firkraag appears on CreateCreature("b#fir03",[4123.959],10). I think it should be changed to CreateCreature("firkra02",[4123.959],10). Otherwise, changing the creature identifier spoils the paladin stronghold final dialog later.

#52 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

Greetings,

I have installed a megamod with revised battles inside. I am at the beginning, at the dungeon of Irenicus. I think i have spotted a bug, and if it isn't a bug, then it is a mistake in conception. While i was fighting the greater otyughs after the sewage golem opened the locked doors, one of them summoned a small beholder, a gauth. I don't mind the extra danger which by the way makes the dungeon more make-believable, but some things according to AD&D rules are not possible. Otyughs summoning is one of them. I mean, if Illych had summoned the beholder, i wouldn't mind because it would be believable.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#53 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

Heya :)

RevisedBattles.tp2 checks for FR_ROV (I think :unsure:) in line 1939. Slight problem cause the extension isn't provided :P
ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~deitm011~ THEN BEGIN
should probably have been
ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~deitm011.itm~ THEN BEGIN

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#54 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

I have russian translation for this mod :) Any chance to update and include it into release?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#55 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

I have russian translation for this mod :) Any chance to update and include it into release?

You might just want to attach it here... erebusant hasn't been around for a while (I sent him a PM over a month ago and he hasn't read it) but someone else might pick it up.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#56 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

Well. Here it is.

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#57 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:32 AM

I've got a problem with improved firkraag. He uses the dimension door, then flees. What am I supposed to do ?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#58 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:18 AM

The primary v6.3 archive has several .tp2 files, this is usually a bad sign... and the primary .tp2 file is out of the mod folder. The next version should definitely fix this.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#59 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:39 AM

Don't tell me that :\
Who is supposed to fix that, seen and considered that Erebusant seems AWOL?

X.X

It seems also that it should be already fixed...

~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Battles - "erebusant's Patching Version" v6: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Drizzt: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Mencar Pebblecrusher: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Mad Cleric: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved House Jae'llat: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Lord Roenall: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #6 // Improved Master Brain: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #7 // Improved Wraith Sarevok: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Cohrvale, Bregg & Alamas: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Firkraag: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Fire Giants (requires ToB): v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #14 // Improved Shade Lord: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #15 // Improved Trademeet Crypt: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #16 // Improved Dungeon: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #17 // Much Improved Temple Sewers Party: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #18 // Improved Kiser Jhaeri (requires ToB): v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #19 // Improved Falahar: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #20 // Improved Drow Pit Fights: v6.3 BWP Fix
~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #21 // Improved Chromatic Demon: v6.3 BWP Fix

The BWP fix must mean something..

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#60 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

Don't tell me that :\

The BWP fix must mean something..

The original posts were unrelated <_< , the BWS does nothing to my issue... or the text would be starting with: ~RevisedBattles/SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #... -_-

Edited by The Imp, 25 August 2014 - 05:00 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.