Photo

Revised Battles v6 Released

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

The imp, I discovered it works. The truth is that you are supposed to go where there are the bodies of the knights lieing in the ground. You'll meet firkraag there, bloodlusted. :D

Edit: tried 6 more times. He spawned again only once.

All the other times Firkraag didn't appear at all. I wonder what's the trigger..

The only way I was able to make him appear was by leaving a character in front of the firkraag's compound, and moving all the other members of my party to where there are the knights lieing in the ground. Sometimes firkraag would spawn in front of the compound, near the only character left there, sometimes he would not.
Does anyone know what's the problem ?

Edited by Sergio, 25 August 2014 - 11:45 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#62 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

The imp, I discovered it works. The truth is that you are supposed to go where there are the bodies of the knights lieing in the ground. You'll meet firkraag there, bloodlusted. :D

Edit: tried 6 more times. He spawned again only once.

All the other times Firkraag didn't appear at all. I wonder what's the trigger..

The only way I was able to make him appear was by leaving a character in front of the firkraag's compound, and moving all the other members of my party to where there are the knights lieing in the ground. Sometimes firkraag would spawn in front of the compound, near the only character left there, sometimes he would not.
Does anyone know what's the problem ?

Actually Firkraag spaws at dungeon entrance.

I fixed this problem locally at AR1200.BCS changing this block:

IF
	Exists([PC])
	!Exists("b#fir03")
	Global("b#firavatar","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("b#firavatar","GLOBAL",3)
		CreateCreature("b#fir03",[4123.959],10)
		Continue()
END

to:

IF
	!Exists("firkra02")
	Global("b#firavatar","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("b#firavatar","GLOBAL",3)
		CreateCreature("b#fir03",[4123.959],10)
		Continue()
END

I removed "Exists([PC])" because it didn't work (dom't know why) and removing makes Firkraag spawn.

Reported it in my topic here.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#63 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

Micbaldur, thank you.
I've got a question. How does it work if one wanted to rebundle the mod ? Do you have to ask permissions around? It would be cool to bundle the mod with all the fixes!

And you got some already, it's a shame that the mod is not properly working now; any chance you could re-release the archive ??

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#64 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

How does it work if one wanted to rebundle the mod ? Do you have to ask permissions around?

Well, the readme file says this:

Disclaimer:

Although the Revised Battles Mod was created to be freely enjoyed by all Baldur's Gate II players, and is completely open-source; it may not be sold, published, compiled, or redistributed in any form without the full consent of it's authors. By making use of this Mod in any way, you are agreeing to the terms of this disclaimer.

So basically you should ask, but you might ask it from the SHSforum Admins as well, as the original creators are not likely to be answering their years old contacts.

Besides, this is already a resurrection mod, so...

Edited by The Imp, 25 August 2014 - 01:56 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#65 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Micbaldur, thank you.
I've got a question. How does it work if one wanted to rebundle the mod ? Do you have to ask permissions around? It would be cool to bundle the mod with all the fixes!

And you got some already, it's a shame that the mod is not properly working now; any chance you could re-release the archive ??

Yes, you probably need permission from mod maker (though most of the mod makers are long gone). I agree that it's better to fix mod and re-release it.

Sorry i'm no modder (i like to play BWP not mod it) and i don't know anything (never interested much) about weidu, tp-files and other mod stuff so i couldn't/wouldn't re-release any mod.

Though my only vaguely modding related thing was making worldmap component (Lollorian put it into BWP Fixpack) for Hessa NPC (copy/paste modding from other mod though). :P

@ Imp

You partly managed to ninjaed me. :P

#66 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

Sorry i'm no modder (i like to play BWP not mod it) and i don't know anything (never interested much) about weidu, tp-files and other mod stuff so i couldn't/wouldn't re-release any mod.
Well, you rewrite the .baf files that the mod compiles to .bcs files, that's handy skill set with the play through experience, I could complement your skillset and we could release this together.

(copy/paste modding from other mod though).
The moding's usually 49% coping and 50% pasting, the last part is the 100% evil, which usually gets you into trouble ... :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#67 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Well think that if you are going to mod you should know what you are doing, not just copy/paste.

I'm not interested to learn modding and i want use my limited time to play my BWP expert install.

Thanks for the co-author offer but i must decline. I leave this modding thing for those who are capable and interested doing it.

Sorry.

#68 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

Don't worry, at least I tried. I have written a message to Miloch, because I remember he had a friendship with Erebusant and maybe he may do something about the mod.

#69 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Don't worry, at least I tried. I have written a message to Miloch, because I remember he had a friendship with Erebusant and maybe he may do something about the mod.

Well you can always try. :D

Sad that Original mod author Moonfruit is long gone so is revised author Erebusant.

Miloch is still around but he's really busy with RL i think (IA needs update also).

Update:

I know that if i start modding i end up saying same thing that RoTs author Gilgamesh.

Quote from readme-file of RoT:

Unfortunately I didn't like modding and finished only because I refused to quit.

So i don't want to start modding.

Edited by micbaldur, 26 August 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#70 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Another mod that didn't work but nobody ever played it to notice lol

#71 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Experienced another bug during the sarevok revised battle. As soon as I killed his cohorts, the cutscene started and he started screaming "what have you done". The problem is that the cutscene keeps lingering, because I fear no one thought that one could be able to beat Sarevok before the cutscene itself started. I did, because I'm a boss. And next time Improved sarevok won't be in my mod compilation

#72 Moonfruit

Moonfruit
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:48 AM

Sad that Original mod author Moonfruit is long gone so is revised author Erebusant.

Gone, but apparantly not forgotten ;)

#73 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

Moonfruit, there are some components that are too "cheesy" - at least according to me :P

I would revamp the mod a bit if I were you - including changing a bit of firkraag's dialogue

#74 Moonfruit

Moonfruit
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:17 AM

That may well be, but considering how young I was when I made it it's not surprising that it's cheesy ;)

However I do not want to get your hopes up...just because I'm back on the forum doesn't mean that I'll return to modding :)

#75 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:52 AM

Well, if you'll never be back I may have a hint or two ;)

#76 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:12 AM

Gone, but apparantly not forgotten ;)

Nice too see one of the "old ;) modders" returning.

Thank you for your great Improved Battles and Ruad mods. :coolthumb:

#77 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:36 AM

you should add the fixes if possible. I seem to remember that there were a few bugs into the mod and it definitely needed a few fixes (the first one that comes to my mind is Firkraag's battle)

#78 -InKal-

-InKal-

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:22 AM

ahh..Improved Battles...mhhmmm

Firkraag teleporting himself outside dungeon, near Garren's house.

Lord Roenall farting his lackeys out of his ass. Two times.

Knights of Dorks Renown.

Mencar with Crom Feyr, his crazy Orc with Celestial Fury, Amon with Staff of the Magi.

ect. ect.

and the BEST evah!

Pooky's Parents, Walter and Martha(?) - fcuking hell LOL

Nevar forget!!!

#79 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

Please add an "ENDOFBG1=1"-trigger to Lug's spawn block added to BALDUR.bcs. Otherwise he may (as just happened to me) spawn in BG1

in a heavily modded BGT install and consequently Lord Salmidanach calls us for a last talk before dawn to the "Copper Coronet"

which surely is impossible, without any logic and moreover component annihilating if we're still fighting against Iron Throne.

#80 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:31 AM

Please add an "ENDOFBG1=1"-trigger to Lug's spawn block added to BALDUR.bcs. Otherwise he may (as just happened to me) spawn in BG1

in a heavily modded BGT install and consequently Lord Salmidanach calls us for a last talk before dawn to the "Copper Coronet"

which surely is impossible, without any logic and moreover component annihilating if we're still fighting against Iron Throne.

I've added a patch for this to the BiG World Fixpack.  It will check for !GlobalLT("endofbg1",2) to prevent Lug spawning in pre-SOA BGT and EET.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip