• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

I did everything in the first part of the, well, first part of Bonehill, Gelpas appears, accuses me to have stolen the pearl, I went north, fought the bandits, searched the books for a clue, went into the Sewers, found the stuff, but the Lighthouse didn't open. So I went looking for the Corpse of the Lighthouse Guard, found him, Lighthouse still not open. Went to Pellvar and he just sent me back. I didn't enter the Lighthouse at all but everybody celebrates me as the Hero.

Pelltar ties about a billion and a half globals together. It's easy to overlook one, although as soon as you find Bomarc, the Lighthouse should be accessible. I'll check all these scenarios out again once I get there in the game.

It takes a village...

#22 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:00 AM

Hello :)

Part 2:

1. On Garroten map there is a note south of Garroten but there is nothing south, now I was told the area exists but I haven't seen it on the map.

2. I believe Pelltar takes the letter I need to accuse Aboth, Abuth (whats his name) in the Temple but I can still just kill him and talk to Pelltar as if everything went normal.

#23 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hello :)

Part 2:

1. On Garroten map there is a note south of Garroten but there is nothing south, now I was told the area exists but I haven't seen it on the map.

2. I believe Pelltar takes the letter I need to accuse Aboth, Abuth (whats his name) in the Temple but I can still just kill him and talk to Pelltar as if everything went normal.

1)It's called the Assassins Grotto, and it shows up after you make a deal with oscar or one of the others in the inn. I had to clua there too.

2)I think you mean the abbot. You can kill him first and then make your report to Pelltar. Or you can show the letter to Pelltar and then kill him and then report to finish quest.

#24 Ascalon

Ascalon
  • Validating
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

I did everything in the first part of the, well, first part of Bonehill, Gelpas appears, accuses me to have stolen the pearl, I went north, fought the bandits, searched the books for a clue, went into the Sewers, found the stuff, but the Lighthouse didn't open. So I went looking for the Corpse of the Lighthouse Guard, found him, Lighthouse still not open. Went to Pellvar and he just sent me back. I didn't enter the Lighthouse at all but everybody celebrates me as the Hero.

Pelltar ties about a billion and a half globals together. It's easy to overlook one, although as soon as you find Bomarc, the Lighthouse should be accessible. I'll check all these scenarios out again once I get there in the game.

I guess I know what went wrong: When you talk to Zelmar about the Note you found, he tells you to talk to Smyth. There Global("BHHandLightHouse","GLOBAL",1) hat to be set that you can continue, but it didn't work. After I fixed this everything went fine.

#25 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

I guess I know what went wrong: When you talk to Zelmar about the Note you found, he tells you to talk to Smyth. There Global("BHHandLightHouse","GLOBAL",1) hat to be set that you can continue, but it didn't work. After I fixed this everything went fine.

Did you speak with Smyth after speaking to Zelmar? Smyth is the one whose dialog sets the global to open the lighthouse. Or did the global not get set even after speaking with Smyth?

It takes a village...

#26 Ascalon

Ascalon
  • Validating
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

Did you speak with Smyth after speaking to Zelmar? Smyth is the one whose dialog sets the global to open the lighthouse. Or did the global not get set even after speaking with Smyth?

To initiate the right Dialog with smyth, The globad has to be set to 1. I had to correct this before I talked to smyth, then he told me about the lighthouse, then everything went fine. I guess the easiest way to work around this is that the Global will be set in State 14 of BHZELMAR, not State 12.

#27 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

To initiate the right Dialog with smyth, The globad has to be set to 1. I had to correct this before I talked to smyth, then he told me about the lighthouse, then everything went fine. I guess the easiest way to work around this is that the Global will be set in State 14 of BHZELMAR, not State 12.

I see what's going on. It's not the Zelmar dialog, it's an issue with Pelltar's dialog. Do you still have a save game from just prior to talking to Pelltar and being sent back to the mainland? I will work up a test dialog for you to install in your game to see if it fixes Pelltar to require the Lighthouse to still be explored before sending the party back to the mainland.

It takes a village...

#28 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:47 PM

The global never got set to 1 because Bomarc was already found dead so you never got that right dialog with Zelmar path to set it.

It takes a village...

#29 Ascalon

Ascalon
  • Validating
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

I see what's going on. It's not the Zelmar dialog, it's an issue with Pelltar's dialog. Do you still have a save game from just prior to talking to Pelltar and being sent back to the mainland? I will work up a test dialog for you to install in your game to see if it fixes Pelltar to require the Lighthouse to still be explored before sending the party back to the mainland.

No, unfortunately I don't have any early savegames anymore - I'm testing my own Mod atm and all that I worte here are things I noticed accidentaly.

#30 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

No, unfortunately I don't have any early savegames anymore - I'm testing my own Mod atm and all that I worte here are things I noticed accidentaly.

Cool. I think I've got all the additional changes needed to close this loophole on the next release of the dialog revamp.

It takes a village...

#31 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:04 PM

I'm not sure if this was said before but I'll just post it here :) .

Part 1

When you talk with Almax over surrounding areas and he has nothing more to say about them but you ask anyway a NVLOR comes up. Also when you find out about the spy (can't remember his name) and then you kill him and want to give his journal to Pelltar the NVLOR comes up. However if you take the journal to Pelltar before you kill him all goes well. Hope this helps in some way. As usual weidu, first post :) .

Fixed locally.

It takes a village...

#32 Nc.Hroft

Nc.Hroft
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:27 PM

http://www.shsforums...rt=#entry442675
Benefacta male locata malefacta arbitror.

#33 Notso

Notso
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

I hate to resurrect this thread - but, it is very possible, easy even, to kill Shargrailar with a very low level party on the first encounter. I didn't even know he existed, let alone that he would attack me, I just happened to see his Mercenaries, so I had Dynaheir cast Web in the general direction; it got Shargrailar too. Then he died in about 5 hits from my archers. Easy as pie...

He needs to be made invincible like Elminster until the third encounter. :C

Edited by Notso, 10 April 2013 - 04:43 PM.

Notso - I miss BF3

UWeAN.png