What's Kaboom?

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

What's Kaboom?

Kaboom!

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

What's Kaboom?

Kaboom!

:devil: Thanks, Impy.
Who played Ceaser 3?

#24 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

Aye, back in the days of the Atari and records and black and white tv. (Or for me, at my uncle's, since he seems to perpetually live in that time.)

Thanks, Jarno for the link.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#25 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

IIRC I'm walking almost the same stretch of the Old Road as is CalJones; the first game I played was Atari Pong in 1976/7. Following that, nothing until I discovered a BASICA version of Adventure a.k.a Colossal Cave in about 1982 which ran under CP/M on my CalText LSI3 at work (2 x 620K 8" floppy drives running at 2Khz. HDDs were still well into the future - Project Winchester was about a year away at that time). The game was buggy and I was no programmer, but over the course of quite a few weeks I figured out how the source code worked and fixed every bug as I hit it. Bloody game led to two lifelong fixtures; RPGs and programming.

Yes, I did beat the d*mn thing - eventually. Blowing up the sleeping dwarves with dynamite was the highpoint of the game <evil grin>. It took me days to figure out I needed to hide down the drain after I'd lit the fuse.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 25 August 2008 - 12:53 PM.

#26 magrat

magrat
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

The first I can remember playing were Treasure Island (on my commodore) and The Mummy on the Amstrad. Then came Jacaranda Jim and Humbug on the PC. The first graphical games I *really* remember playing on the PC were Monkey Island and Loom. Good times :D
---
AKA arabellaesque
Dragon Scoll
All alone, cold fields you wander
Memories of it cloud your sight
Fills your dreams, disturbs your slumber
Lost your way -- a fallen knight
Posted Image * Posted Image * Posted Image * Posted Image

#27 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

First computer game: Tic-Tac-Toe (Noughts & Crosses) programmed with punch cards into an IBM System/360 mainframe in 1968.

First arcade game: Pacman, 1981.

First PC game: Leisuresuit Larry, about 1986.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#28 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

:devil: Thanks, Impy.

Thanks, Jarno for the link.

Don't thank the Imp, just the Devil of a drooler and it's sitter, the fiery vulpes.(Google, and MFf :P )

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#29 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

PC Diablo
Arcade Pac Man
Console Pac Man

Edited by Gabrielle, 25 August 2008 - 05:43 PM.

For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#30 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

Wow....I think Mario Bros. 1 and that track and field game with the power pad for Nintendo was my first. For console anyway.

PC...well...Apple...hmmm READER RABBIT OMG. Also, this fun game where you have to go through these "rooms" and collect stuff and try not to be eaten by an alligator/monster thing. It had orange graphics with a black background.

Later years involved me as a 7/8 year old obsessed with Microsoft Golf and Wolfenstein 3D.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#31 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

Who played Ceaser 3?

Me! Me! Me! Although I was well in my teens when I played it, so it's a far shot from being one of my first games. But it's a good one, and I tend to think they improved on the concept with Pharaoh (I never get sick of building mastabas and pyramids and sun temples and sphinxes and obelisks, and... *sighs* Good old days! ^_^

First PC game: Leisuresuit Larry, about 1986.

Oh gosh, I remember those!... I'm not sure how aware my parents were that my sister and I were playing that series.... :rolleyes:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#32 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

First game I've ever played? I don't remember, maybe Mario.

Ah, Age of Empires! I played that, too, but it wasn't the first game I played. I only had the trial version, if I remember correctly.

I remember that game. I've also had a trial version. Virtual IQ of people in that game always made me lol (and annoyed sometimes...). :lol: They never wanted to listen to my orders.
I remember that I used to make the fence of the stone walls and chase gazelles into it, and then put a townsman to guard them as a shepherd. And make catapult duels, to see which one destroy the other first. And the priests were hilarious. Ah, you brought good old memories. ^_^

Edited by Lythari, 25 August 2008 - 11:12 PM.

I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#33 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:01 AM

I remember a game, named Fable. (Not TLC).

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:56 AM

It was something I played on DOS, but since there were multiple games available to me, I can't recall which one it was.

#35 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:25 AM

Pong, some time in the 1970s when my school obtained it's first computer.

In arcades, I can't remember but Space Invaders or Pac Man are likely.

The first I played on a computer I owned would have been one from the V for Victory series - probably the second, Velikie Luki.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#36 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

Uuuh...not sure, actually.

We had an AMIGA, and a computer with Win 3.1 and several DOS games even when I was a kid - I learned navigating DOS pretty early on, though it's more likely that I played games on the AMIGA before that, since from game to game worked this way: Stick in game disk and start computer. If you want to play something else, you turn off the computer, and put in another disk, and start the computer again. Once you know which way the disks go in, you're pretty much all set.

So it's likely it was one of our AMIGA games. "Rick Dangerous", "Giana Sisters", "Titus the Fox", "Clown Mania", "Rock'n'Roll Ball", "Emerald Mine" (or was that for DOS? ), maybe even "Wheel of Fortune" or "The Price is Right", despite me not being able to read much back then.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#37 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:48 AM

I think my first pc game was either Lord of the Realms 2 or Age of Empires

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#38 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:52 AM

GTA 1 & 2? Classics! :lol:

#39 Danilus

Danilus
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

First game I ever played? Super Mario Brothers for the NES. For the PC my first game was Baldurs Gate 1 when it was first released.

I've been addicted to it ever since ^_^

#40 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:02 AM

Odell Down Under. In my defense, I was still in middle school... first semi-serious game I ever played was Outpost.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri