Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

What CRPG's you played? FPS? Logic?

Logic - Pandora's Box! :D

#42 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:56 AM

Well the very first game I ever played a little bit of was Age of Empires. My mom had me try it out when I was a little kid. Of course I got killed by the enemy guys five minutes in because I just was too busy sending one guy out to explore and I didnt keep an eye on the village.

First game I really, yanno *played* seriously, was Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. That one was also shown to me by my mom.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#43 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:52 AM

This thread is making me realize that I'm a lot older than the rest of you... :D My first game was published in 1987, and you guys are citing stuff like BG1, Age of Empires, I was already a teen then....
*wails* I feeeeel old!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#44 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

This thread is making me realize that I'm a lot older than the rest of you... :D My first game was published in 1987, and you guys are citing stuff like BG1, Age of Empires, I was already a teen then....

*sob* :crying:

#45 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:20 PM

I also remember playing a game called Silver at the tender age of 8 or something like that. I don't remember much ABOUT it, though..

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#46 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

uhhh It was some SNES Mario game I think I was like really little I barely remember playing it. IT wasn't a real mario it was one of those weird games that had random music stuff or something.

The first game I really played was either Tetris for the0 Gameboy or Power Rangers for Game Gear
Legend of Zelda Ocrina of Time was my first rpg type game.
My first and Fav arcade game is Pacman though
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#47 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

Legend of Zelda Ocrina of Time was my first rpg type game.

This thread continues to bring back memories.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#48 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

I feel so old...Combat for the Atari 2600.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#49 wonnimchunha

wonnimchunha
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:02 AM

Either Mario or KOF(not sure if you westerners know about this game... :naughty: ) ...

But my first serious game was Parasite Eve on Playstation 1 8)

#50 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:44 AM

There were two actually, both of which I cannot recall the name. So I'll go with the third one: "Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island"
Those were some great hours spent in front of the monitor *sigh* Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the game anywhere anymore.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#51 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:54 AM

Monket Island is logic? If it is, I'll play it! :D

#52 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:39 AM

Point & Click adventure. Too funny to describe :D
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#53 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:23 AM

There were two actually, both of which I cannot recall the name. So I'll go with the third one: "Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island"
Those were some great hours spent in front of the monitor *sigh* Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the game anywhere anymore.

Monket Island is logic? If it is, I'll play it! :D

Point & Click adventure. Too funny to describe :D

I recommend also playing "The Secret of Monkey Island" (Monkey Island 1) and "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge". They're even better. Don't bother with Monkey Island 4, though.

(If you have trouble getting the first two game to run, never fear, for there is Scumm VM that lets you run all those classics on new computers. ^_^

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#54 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

Kinda off-topic does anyone else miss Point & click adventure games I mean really they were fun...
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#55 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

Kinda off-topic does anyone else miss Point & click adventure games I mean really they were fun...

Not really, since they're still around if you know where to look. ^_^ "A Vampyre Story" is one much anticipated one that's finally out.

For more info on Adventures in this day and age, I suggest you visit www.Adventuregamers.com . ;)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Jazhara7, 31 August 2008 - 08:24 PM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#56 Abigail

Abigail
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

I do, but not so much, as I can still play the old ones and lots of them are available for free :) The same goes for other great games, like Settlers II :D
my deviantart account ---> http://prozakc-blues.deviantart.com

#57 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

I'm not going to say that O word. My first games date back from the early 80's. Atari 2600, Commodore 64 I think it was. Colecovision.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#58 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

I feel so old...Combat for the Atari 2600.

You and me both!!! :rolleyes:

I can probably help with that, there are quite a few abandonware sites out there (with tons of old games), such as Abandonia and the DOS Game Archive, to name my favorites. But if I recall correctly, Lucasarts still won't release its old games like Loom, Secret of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, or Sam N Max, so if you can't find them, and still *really* want them.... PM me... Posted Image

*sighs* They were awesome!!! And some of them actually made you *think* and you were compelled to use your cerebral cortex... Not always the case with some of today's games...
But sush, listen to me, I'm rambling like an old lady now!!! :D

Edited by Eleima, 31 August 2008 - 10:39 PM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#59 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

Monket Island is logic?

Well, with that name, it's not, very. :devil:
All this speaking about being old, just depresses me, as I can say that I have played game really long(I was about 4 or so...)

:whistling: Now back to reality, the first game I really played was; ICE AGE: Mammoth Mayhem, it's reeally old game... -_-

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#60 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:20 AM

As well, as film!

Attached Images

• booze.gif