Romance status question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Pallando-

-Pallando-

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

Hey there!

I have a small question that's been bothering me: While I used to be able to talk to Fade using the talk mode (the flirting options), Fade suddenly appears to have nothing to say to me - right after the talk about her maybe wanting to leave the Shadow Thieves. Also, RomanceActive is set to 3 - I didn't really get the feeling I went wrong with what I said, but now I wonder if the romance is over.

Any clues?

Thanks a lot :)

#2 -Pallando-

-Pallando-

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

In addition to the last post, a lovetalk with Fade came up twice and both times it was something we had previously already talked about - two talks from the very beginning. Is this strange, or is there hope left?

#3 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

Usually any time any romance is at 3 it is over and she won't have anything more to say. If the the Shadow Thieves LT is the one I'm thinking of, her reply must have been "Then... that's it, then? I thought you... we... Don't worry, <CHARNAME>, I'll stop troubling you from now on." which set the romance to 3.

If you didn't get that response then something else has altered the romance. Are you romancing another? That can alter it also.

Why you are getting talks from the beginning could be a mod conflict.

#4 -Pallando-

-Pallando-

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

Thanks a lot for your help!

Well, I didn't get that kind of dialogue, so I guess it must be something conflicting with her romance. I'm using the Fixpack with the modded romance-thing, so I'm pretty sure thats whats interfering with fade.

Well, the trouble now is - can I just use Shadowkeeper to put the RomanceActive back to 1, or do I have to get rid of the other mods? Also, when is that kidnapping event supposed to occur?

#5 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

Go into shadowkeeper and look to see what the E3LOVETALK is because if your getting beginning talks it might be screwed up. Do you have a previous save just in case.

Did you get a talk about Kieta yet? There are two of those before she gets kidnapped?

Also if you can remember was the talk about concerning Shadow Thieves about why she joined and then she does an apology? If not then you might be messed up because the next one is passed the kidnapping.

Anyway check the global and see what it is.

#6 Shielke

Shielke
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been playing a female character for some time now and nothing happened concerning fade except 2 or 3 "friendship" talk. I'd like to know if i just have to be patient to see the remaining content of the mod (rescue in the guarded compound and meeting with happy family) or if that's all, which would be a shame v.v

Thanks in advance!

#7 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

@Shielke:

Female PCs only get friendship talks with Fade. We were originally considering a Fade female romance path but eventually scrapped it.

#8 --shielke--

--shielke--

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:53 AM

aaah so the kidnapping part and the following events are considered part of the romance... v.v
well i don't want to start a new game so i modified some globals and its working fine for now. Let's hope it doesn't get messy!
thanks for the reply