• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:33 AM

- As far as i know no spawn system has what u said. Original spawns (tutu-style spawn as well) don't let u face a worg and a bandit at the same time.

One version (likely an older version) did have spawns that might have a bear and some undead at the same time. I have not seen this for sometime.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#22 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:34 AM

melkor_morgoth75,

you are welcome. It's just in my own interest to tell you what I like.

However I can't let myself like any respawn alternative. In my ideal version, there will be one and one spawn only. No respawns. No matter how long time passes. What I would do though is to make the spawns chance much lower so that the player might cross some areas three or four times without ever meeting any random (spawned) enemy. I am sure it's possible to do it.

All the rest of your new spawning system would be perfect for me.

But I feel rather much for those two points above so... Perhaps you could make the new spawning system highly customizable?

I am sure that it would be very easy to block any respawns and I am pretty sure that it's also easy to set a very low chance of random spawn (like 0,5% or something similar).

Thanks! :cheers:

#23 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

Unfortunately it is not that easy at it may seem...moreover my modding skills are limited and i'm honest to say i don't wanna to go so deep into the code, anyway i can think about "chance of spawing nothing". But right now, depending on the areas, u have some chance to find horses, cows, deers, etc along your way and that are spawns, but not hostile of course :-)

I will think about adding the chance of spawning "nothing", the new system is pretty challenging so, it makes sense to have at least some chances to avoid some encounters,

cheers!

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#24 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

So, your Spawn System will have a respawn after 8 hours and a chance to get a "nothing" encounter. Have I understand it right?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#25 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:33 AM

So, your Spawn System will have a respawn after 8 hours and a chance to get a "nothing" encounter. Have I understand it right?

Greetings Leomar

Yes, 8 hours ... currently i didn't choose to get the chance of a blank encounter. I just implemented some "neutral" encounters in some areas, which i prefer actually. I'm thinking about the chance to get "no spawns" in a spawn point.

What do u guys think about that?

mm75

#26 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

Yes, 8 hours ... currently i didn't choose to get the chance of a blank encounter. I just implemented some "neutral" encounters in some areas, which i prefer actually. I'm thinking about the chance to get "no spawns" in a spawn point.

I like some "neutral" encounters and the chance to get "no spawns" in a spawn point. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#27 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:02 AM

Ok ... it does make a lot of sense and even if i have to rewrite some tables, i will implement the chance of getting a "nospawn" aswell,

thanks guys for the nice idea,

mm75

#28 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

We appreciate your efforts. :cheers:

#29 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

I have tested BGT with BGT-Tweaks composent Altered spawns -> TuTu-style levelled spawns and sorry but this composent sucks imo.

Only grey wolf, pitiable skeletons and poor bears ( they don't attack me with "Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1" composent) even at the end of the game. Is it a joke ? A new version is in preparation ? BGT's Altered spawns is better ?

Edited by DrAzTiK, 12 November 2008 - 04:40 PM.

#30 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:48 AM

Only grey wolf, pitiable skeletons and poor bears ( they don't attack me with "Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1" composent) even at the end of the game. Is it a joke ? A new version is in preparation ? BGT's Altered spawns is better ?

A new system is in progress as u may read from this very thread. I can't say if it's better or not ... but it's at least different, stay tuned for news. I've been stalled for a while due to my job, but i hope i can release it during Christmas holidays :whistling:

Anyway, bears should attack you with that component installed. Eventually something within your game is screwing up it,

mm75

#31 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

I'm close, hopefully, to release the very first version of my very first mod, lol ... :whistling:

I hoped to release it within Christmas but unfortunately i couldn't ... anyway i spent dozens of hours in completing it, i hope at least someone could enjoy the new system :rolleyes: Let's squash bugs, if we find them later :devil:

The full readme is ready too, I'm not a native english speaker so if someone wants just to be a proofreader i'd really appreciate :cheers:

mm75

PS: for those impatient, here are a couple of extracts from the readme:

BGSpawn is a new system who handles ?Spawned creatures? appearing in Baldur?s Gate?s areas. I honestly never liked original spawns within the areas in the BG1 part of the game, you always face the very same encounters and, after many games, it has become really boring.

Another aim of the mod is to give some challenges to the players, even the most experienced will find hard time sometimes playing with the new system. Let?s also install a tactic-mod as SCS in your game and definitely spawns now could be a problem for your party (you have to think twice about leaving safe cities and go crossing wild lands  ).

#32 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

Sounds great. :)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier