BGT gamer-reports

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:48 AM

Someone from the German forum reports the following:

If one enters the duke's palace in BG1 to look at the coronation Sarevoks, one will speak witness of an entertainment between the dukes, Sarevok and some princes who change later into doubles and with nice Austrian accent (PBNOBLE). Here the following bug appears: With the dialogue line "Point to it? Nevertheless, this is ridiculous, the dropped sign on the corpse IS the sign of the shadow thieves. Are you stupid?" now sounds moreover sound PNOBL09 ("rest, now talks of the Sarevok."), but PNOBL06 would be correct.

Could it be a bug in BGT?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:00 AM

Not sure, but will have a look.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:44 AM

I went through the cutscene and the sounds seem to match what the nobleman is saying.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for the information. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#5 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:13 AM

Someone from the German forum with a German installation reports the following:

A.) BGT (December WIP, 2008) corrupts some sound files from BG1 - then these files play in the main program and in NearInfinity no more sound:
Gnome01-06
Gnomf01-06
Wench01-4
I assume from the fact that this only some of other problem cases explain.

B.) Safana sounds: Now I have exactly looked the problem. Shadows over Soubar implements the complete set of sound files (on English), in addition 6 dummy files (Safan42-47). Then BGT does not substitute strangely enough for some of the Safana files. This time with me these were: SAFAN01, 02, 04, 17-22, 41. Sometimes these were the last SAFAN01-22. I do not know what is not right with BGT in this point, all the other sound sets (Montaron etc.) are correctly overwrited.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

A.) BGT (December WIP, 2008) corrupts some sound files from BG1 - then these files play in the main program and in NearInfinity no more sound:
Gnome01-06
Gnomf01-06
Wench01-4
I assume from the fact that this only some of other problem cases explain.

Can't be true. BGT doesn't import these sounds. This suggests the player has a corrupted BG2 install, or their BG2 edition does not contain these sounds. What edition does this player use?

B.) Safana sounds: Now I have exactly looked the problem. Shadows over Soubar implements the complete set of sound files (on English), in addition 6 dummy files (Safan42-47). Then BGT does not substitute strangely enough for some of the Safana files. This time with me these were: SAFAN01, 02, 04, 17-22, 41. Sometimes these were the last SAFAN01-22. I do not know what is not right with BGT in this point, all the other sound sets (Montaron etc.) are correctly overwrited.

It looks like some of these sounds are missing in various editions of BG2. These exact soundset files are deleted after extraction from BG1. What edition of BG2 does this player use?

--------------
Retired Modder

#7 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

I've inform the gamer about your questions. He'll come by and answer them.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#8 --Darth Shan--

--Darth Shan--

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

I've inform the gamer about your questions. He'll come by and answer them.

Greetings Leomar

Hi,

I am using the German versions of BGI, Tales, BGII and ToB. I applied BGI-Patch_5512 and BGII_TOB_26498_EURO. I use a mega-modification (TDD-SoS_CtB_Ascension_DSotSC_NTotSC_BoneHill).
It may be true that the mentioned sound files are corrupt in BGII (Germ), I did not know that they are supposed to be in the game, since they are coming from BG1. I'll check it in my next installation. With SoS-BGT I am convinced that this is an actual problem with BGT, because SoS imports the sounds for Safana (NOT being in BG2 to my knowledge) and other NPCs (as well as other mods import others, like TDD) and then BGT replaces all sounds with the correct ones from BG1, except for the Safana sounds. I will check this again, but this will take some time for a whole new installation. Best,

Darth Shan

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

OK, I've modified the German installation so that it now imports all Gnome, GnomF, Wench, and Safana sounds from BG1. Hopefully, that will correct the issue.

--------------
Retired Modder

#10 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

Great news, thank you very much, Ascension64. :cheers:

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#11 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

I've reported a language issue with TDD and BG1 NPC soundfiles in Hoppy's TDD topic here in post #24.

It is a problem with the following BG1 NPC soundfiles:
Kagain (41 files), Kivan (41), Montaron (41), Shar-Teel (41), Yeslick (41)

Now, I've a question:

I wonder why we get this problem with BGT, too. We install TDD before BGT like it is recommend in the BGT compatibility readme. Therefore BGT should convert the originally BG1 NPC sounds in the German language from BG1, so the TDD BG1 sounds will be overwritten. But that is not happening. Could it be, that we have here another convertion problem, so that the following German BG1 NPC files are not converted during the BGT installation?

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

BGT uses a sparing approach to importing soundsets, in that if sounds are purportedly already present in BG2, then it doesn't bother importing them. If the German BG2 has blasted all the BG1 sounds to oblivion, then yes, there will be some problems of missing sounds. What someone will have to do then, is to trundle through all the sounds of German BG1, compare them to German BG2, and identify which sounds need to be imported. That's something that I can't do, and I'll leave it to someone who owns the German stuff to do that.

--------------
Retired Modder

#13 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the answer. :)

BGT uses a sparing approach to importing soundsets, in that if sounds are purportedly already present in BG2, then it doesn't bother importing them.

That is the case, in BG2 exists none of these soundsets, because there are BG1 NPCs only:
Kagain, Kivan, Montaron, Shar-Teel, Yeslick

... and identify which sounds need to be imported. That's something that I can't do, and I'll leave it to someone who owns the German stuff to do that.

All right, I'll do that. ;)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#14 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:57 AM

Hello, hope you don't mind if I use this thread instead of opening a new one :)

I noticed a small annoying thing that happens when you start playing the game in Candlekeep. At the beginning of the game you get a normal quarterstaff and some cash right, well the problem is when I sell the staff and then go out of the door it appears again in the inventory. The same thing happens if I drop it on the ground. To simply put I can't get rid of the thing until I get out of Candlekeep. Since I was told that BGT causes I decided to post it here.

Should you require my weidu you can find it here http://kerzenburg.ni...ead.php?t=38387, first post.

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:37 AM

Heh, thanks for the report, but which mod allows you to sell that lump of wood?

--------------
Retired Modder

#16 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:40 AM

DEFINITELY not a BGT bug,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#17 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:40 AM

Hello, hope you don't mind if I use this thread instead of opening a new one :)

I noticed a small annoying thing that happens when you start playing the game in Candlekeep. At the beginning of the game you get a normal quarterstaff and some cash right, well the problem is when I sell the staff and then go out of the door it appears again in the inventory. The same thing happens if I drop it on the ground. To simply put I can't get rid of the thing until I get out of Candlekeep. Since I was told that BGT causes I decided to post it here.

Should you require my weidu you can find it here http://kerzenburg.ni...ead.php?t=38387, first post.

I get that to. Probably a loop ending global needs to be added to the AR0015.bcs file so the quarterstaff is only created one time if it does not exist. The lump of wood is allowed to be sold by the BG2_Tweaks "Sellable Items" component.

Edited by erebusant, 30 January 2009 - 05:41 AM.

It takes a village...

#18 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:14 AM

Heh, thanks for the report, but which mod allows you to sell that lump of wood?

No problem.

I get that to. Probably a loop ending global needs to be added to the AR0015.bcs file so the quarterstaff is only created one time if it does not exist. The lump of wood is allowed to be sold by the BG2_Tweaks "Sellable Items" component.

As you can see in the weidu i don't have it installed and it's a mystery to me why it can be sold, I can sell clubs too :D.

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

mm75

It is, actually. Allows you to get infinite quarterstaves if you simply drop all quarterstaves you currently possess in your inventory. Doesn't mean anything in a vanilla game, but you can potentially make lots of money if you use a tweaks component that allows you to sell them.

--------------
Retired Modder

#20 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:45 AM

mm75

It is, actually. Allows you to get infinite quarterstaves if you simply drop all quarterstaves you currently possess in your inventory. Doesn't mean anything in a vanilla game, but you can potentially make lots of money if you use a tweaks component that allows you to sell them.

:lol: You get 1GP.