I found this item, need a translation

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

Alrighty I play the English translation of Big World Project. I got to the end of the Dark Side mod and found this in my loot.

Problem is, I THINK it might be German? I pretty good with romance languages, write and read French, speak portugese, alas I know little to nothing of the germanic or slavic languages

It's a golden torc, or necklace I think, the description is as follows:

Goldener Stirnreif

Diser mit Edelsteinen verzierte

Goldreif Konnte auch als Krone durchgehen AuBer, dass er hubsch anzusehen ist, hat er keine besonderen Eigenschften

If someone could give me the gist of it, thank you

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:46 AM

Sure, but why this happen in the English version ?!?! :(
You're not the first one...

Golden Tiara

This golden Tiara decorated with precious emeralds could also go through as a crown. Except that it is to be looked nicely, it has no special abilities.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 30 October 2008 - 12:48 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#3 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

Sure, but why this happen in the English version ?!?! :(
You're not the first one...

Golden Tiara

This golden Tiara decorated with precious emeralds could also go through as a crown. Except that it is to be looked nicely, it has no special abilities.

Greetings Leomar

Ohh ohh I figured a translation got overlooked and it had no special abilities. Not surprising in such a huge mod, my hat's off to people that know another language so well they can translate a mod like this, or post on forum boards and hang out where the language is something like English. Bilingual people are so fortuante. I was just curious as to what it said. Apparently got overlooked when released. Since I have such a grounding in romance languages, speak spanish, french and portugese pretty well, or at least read two of them and speak one well, quiet a revelation to see a language I cannot understand well enough to know much about what was being said. :D

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:00 PM

item code is BL#HELM1 which I could only find in BP-Balancer/common folder. This is not a DSotSC issue from where I am seeing it.

It is also on Mayor Arness from the Secret of Bonehill so definitely not DS.

Taking BHARRNES.CRE from the backup folder in BP balancer and copy/paste to override will make that item nonexistent.

Edited by Hoppy, 30 October 2008 - 12:36 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the information. :)
We check this.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 31 October 2008 - 09:47 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#6 Manduran

Manduran
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the information. :)
We check this.

Greetings Leomar

Well, this will be fixed in the upcoming next version. Sorry for that, I thought I made a non-language mod, I must have forgotten this Helmet... it's used to replace some overpowered things.
Until the new version of the Balancer is out, just don't care about this thingy, it's useless, worthless and doing absolutely NOTHING. I swear! :)
It will also be useless and worthless in the new version... but you might then be able to find that out on your own by reading the description.

Sorry for that.

Regards,
Manduran

Edited by Manduran, 03 November 2008 - 08:11 AM.

------------------------------

Manduran

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:50 AM

Well, this will be fixed in the upcoming next version. Sorry for that, I thought I made a non-language mod, I must have forgotten this Helmet... it's used to replace some overpowered things.
Until the new version of the Balancer is out, just don't care about this thingy, it's useless, worthless and doing absolutely NOTHING. I swear! :)
It will also be useless and worthless in the new version... but you might then be able to find that out on your own by reading the description.

Thanks , in your next version will you also consider giving an option to remove the priest spells that come with mods like DSotSc and TDD? Too many of these spells overcrowd the spellbook and there is no option to remove them currently other than to use NI / Shadowkeeper.

#8 Manduran

Manduran
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

Thanks , in your next version will you also consider giving an option to remove the priest spells that come with mods like DSotSc and TDD? Too many of these spells overcrowd the spellbook and there is no option to remove them currently other than to use NI / Shadowkeeper.

Hi :)
This is not planned right now. I don't know how those spells cowork with the game. Some spells are removed from areas and creatures, so you probably may find only 20 - 30% of the spells with the Balancer compared to a game without. Theoretically. Bur if you don't like the priest (or wizard) spells that come with DSotSC or NTotSC, if you don't like them at all, I'd rather ask the developers ot those mods, if they make them optional. Everything else might cause more trouble than happiness, a lot of work and loads of potential errors.

Soooo, no, I won't take care of that :) Sorry...

Regards,

Manduran

------------------------------

Manduran

#9 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:48 AM

Bur if you don't like the priest (or wizard) spells that come with DSotSC or NTotSC, if you don't like them at all, I'd rather ask the developers ot those mods, if they make them optional.

An optional component in DSotSC/NTotSC for their new spells sounds very good. :)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 06 November 2008 - 06:50 AM.

- Chevalier

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

No one has to get rid of any spells from DSotSC or even TDD for that matter. Just use Divine Remix and most are changed or removed (except for maybe some of the mods' NPCs). I say leave the spells. You get all or nothing.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant