175 replies to this topic

#41 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:15 AM

It's time! The time for this:
Well, I update this a little.

As you are probably aware, I, well made this mini-mod based on somebody elses idea... so the implementation is totally off, and there is much to improve. His speach lines...
I also made it a bit on the darkside...

Thanks to Kat ?theacefes? Bella for her tutoreal, the moding tool makers and Icendoan&Ithilian Delorio.

And yes, the mod is a free to mod -mod, so if you think you can improve any of the lines, you can and should. :) It's easy with a text editor. But if you will release it as your own mod, I would ask you to go the trouble and change the prefixes so they won't be mine.
And yes, the mod is more than one item mod, -it comes with a NPC attached to the item. Hahahaa.
And if there are bugs, they are there cause I s¤%&d up, so... please don't kill me for them.

Deleted the attachment as the new one is in the last post.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 02 November 2008 - 10:47 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#42 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

Where exactly *is* Esiriak? Is he in the Sewers, where he's supposed to be? But hell, its awesome that you've made it. Ima update the main post with the rest of his Voices.

#43 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

Oh, and by the way, if yo have the Dungeon-Be-Gone Mod installed first, the Appiration turns into Esiriak! (Not his Animation ID) It says all of his Voices as replies and text, but still works the same.
Kekekeke

#44 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

Jarno, this is a good frame of a mod, but yes, it can still be worked on, a LOT.

Jarno's code is good, but the dialogue and NPC fairly bland at the minute. Dialogue is something most people here can do in their sleep, I think, so if you plan dialogues, I code a few up and reference them via script or shove them in the B file, and you start learning from them, it will turn into an NPC mod fairly quickly. :)

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#45 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:34 AM

So, er, whaddyathink?

Well, I made a few changes to your suggestions as I found mine to be better...
Also I didn't change the games own Mind Flayer melee attack, which is the same they and Esiriak uses.
Hmm, so the mod is not very compatible with the Dungeon-Be-Gone Mod, ahh...
And as always, the new improved v0.081...

Where exactly *is* Esiriak? Is he in the Sewers, where he's supposed to be? But hell, its awesome that you've made it.

Yes, in the sewers.
Spoiler

I have attached the Portrait (L and S).

That's Medium and Small, as the large is 210x330px, but that's only for ToB NPC's, as it's used at the end of the game.

Attached Files

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 02 November 2008 - 10:45 AM.

#46 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:41 PM

Icen, that sounds good! If you can be online around 6:00 my Australian time then we can make a start.
Jarno, I'll run over and grab Esiriak, then tell you what I think!

#47 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:51 PM

I think e-mails would be a better attempt, me being GMT, and it now being term time again...

Icen

#48 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:28 AM

Jarno, I'll run over and grab Esiriak, then tell you what I think!

Could you use the last version v0.081, and upload it to the first post and delete the others, thanks.

me being GMT

Meaning G.M.T? :)

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 03 November 2008 - 12:29 AM.

#49 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:55 AM

Done, Jarno.

Added in banters with Sir Anomen and Aerie! Have a read on he main post.

#50 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:57 AM

Yes, Jarno, I am there.

Oh, cool! I coded the first one up for you. :)

CHAIN
IF ~Global("##BanterAerie1","LOCALS",0)
	InParty("##Esiri")
	See("##Esiri")
	!StateCheck("##Esiri",STATE_SLEEPING)~ THEN AERIEJ Aerie-Esiriak1
~E-Esiriak? That is your name? I-I have a que-~
DO ~SetGlobal("##BanterAerie1,"LOCALS",1)~
== "##ESIJ" ~Haha! Your thoughts are amusing, girl. YOu would dare as about my heritige? Very well, you will hear it, and I think you will enjoy it.~
= ~My father was Erilias, my mother Nethiriak. Both led war parties for years against the Avariel. Yes, girl, I know what you are. Anyway, they enjoyed years of plucking the wings from those pigs and watching them crawl and die in the dust at their feet...~
== AERIEJ ~W-what? No, that is not what I asked! Stop!~
== "##ESIJ" ~... Until one day they brought me along for the fun...~
== AERIEJ ~No! Stop! Do not!~
== "##ESIJ" ~... But I will not tell you of that, dear elf. I fear you would strike out at me, and even though I would relish crushing your weak mind, a gap in the party would not be welcome.~
== AERIEJ ~One day you will pay for what you just said...~
== "##ESIJ" ~Oh, silence yourself girl. The world is not as wonderful as Quayle portrayed it. No, do not speak, silence!~
END

Is Aerie-Esiriak banter 1, but it assumes the dialogue name. Change ##ESIJ to whatever.

Icen

#51 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

Thanks Icendoan. Darn, now I have to get to the tainted Huggy Bear, don' I.
Code added, didn't get it to trigger yet on my test run as I have no dialog accelerator, but at least it installs without errors. By the way, I'll try to find a way to code some of those dialogs myself...

Edit... so I can lose a file in here... as the file was WIP one.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 March 2009 - 05:25 AM.

#52 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

father ... mother
I don't know if you decided to go with the cursed human line after all, but real illithids don't work that way. For one thing, they are hermaphrodites, and they don't really grow up knowing their parent. All this info is available on wikipedia.

Other than blatant Marty Sueism, failing to adhere to the existing lore is just about the worst thing you can do in a mod, so please to be doing your research. <_<

#53 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

I will be assuming filenames/prefixes if I code any dialogue.

And here is banter 2!

CHAIN
Global("##BanterAerie2","LOCALS",0)
	InParty("Aerie")
	See("Aerie")
	!StateCheck("Aerie",STATE_SLEEPING)~ THEN ##ESIJ Aerie-Esiriak2
~So, "winged" elf. How did you feel when you lost your wings? I could easily find out, but I think it would be best if the rest of us heard.~
DO ~SetGlobal("##BanterAerie2","LOCALS",1)~
== AERIEJ ~After out last conversation, I refuse to converse with you, Mind Flayer.~
== ##ESIJ ~Haha; you act as if I give you a choice! Very well.~
= ~Awww, poor little elf, locked in a cage. I see the bandits had their fun with you, haha...~
== AERIEJ ~No! Do not speak of it! Please!~
== ##ESIJ ~...Diseased and dirty. Always crying. Do you cast spells to replenish your tear ducts so the world will pity you? You are pathetically weak, Aerie, and I don't see why you are even here. But saving that human child... What a noble cause! Your mother would be so proud...~
== AERIEJ ~No! Shut up! SHUT UP!~
== ##ESIJ ~Temper, temper, elf. Hahahahaha....~
END

I am getting better at this. :)

Icen

#54 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

I will be assuming filenames/prefixes if I code any dialogue.

And here is banter 2!

CHAIN
IF ~Global("##BanterAerie2","LOCALS",0)
		Global("##BanterAerie1,"LOCALS",1)
	InParty("Aerie")
	See("Aerie")
	!StateCheck("Aerie",STATE_SLEEPING)~ THEN "##ESIJ" Aerie-Esiriak2
~So, "winged" elf. How did you feel when you lost your wings? I could easily find out, but I think it would be best if the rest of us heard.~
DO ~SetGlobal("##BanterAerie2","LOCALS",1)~
== AERIEJ ~After out last conversation, I refuse to converse with you, Mind Flayer.~
== "##ESIJ" ~Haha; you act as if I give you a choice! Very well.~
= ~Awww, poor little elf, locked in a cage. I see the bandits had their fun with you, haha...~
== AERIEJ ~No! Do not speak of it! Please!~
== "##ESIJ" ~...Diseased and dirty. Always crying. Do you cast spells to replenish your tear ducts so the world will pity you? You are pathetically weak, Aerie, and I don't see why you are even here. But saving that human child... What a noble cause! Your mother would be so proud...~
== AERIEJ ~No! Shut up! SHUT UP!~
== "##ESIJ" ~Temper, temper, elf. Hahahahaha....~
END

I am getting better at this. :)

EDIT: And Dialogue #3, which I had to alter, because odd leaving dialogues is a bit much for a random dialogue. :)

CHAIN
Global("##BanterAerie3","LOCALS",0)
Global("##BanterAerie2","LOCALS",1)
	InParty("##Esiri")
	See("##Esiri")
	!StateCheck("##Esiri",STATE_SLEEPING)~ THEN AERIEJ Aerie-Esiriak3
~Esiriak, you are cruel and heartless. How do you sleep at night, knowing the suffering you cause to all around you? How many mothers cry themselves to sleep because you have taken away their sons and daughters?~
DO ~SetGlobal("##BanterAerie3","LOCALS",1)~
== "##ESIJ" "Quiet easily, actually. Only the strong survive in this world, elf, and the weak are nothing but tools to be used. The reason you are still alive has escaped me completely. A pity you didn?t kill yourself when you were caged."
== AERIEJ ~You are evil! You care of nothing but yourself! You?re nothing but a weak coward! I- AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!~
== "##ESIJ" ~Yes, scream! Scream for mercy, bitch! You dare challenge me? Very well! If it were not for <CHARNAME>, I would rip your very skull apart, whore!~
== AERIEJ ~Get out, get out! Leave here, fiend! Lest I-I h-hurt you... <CHARNAME>! HELP!~
END
++ ~Get out, Illithid, lest I tell the Order of your presence!~ EXTERN "##ESIJ" Aerie-Esi3.1
++ ~Aerie, just ignore him. We need him in the party.~ EXTERN AERIEJ Aerie-Esi3.2

APPEND AERIEJ
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Aerie-Esi3.2
SAY ~<CHARNAME>... You, value this, "thing" above me? How? I-I will leave, then...~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ EXTERN "##ESIJ" Aerie-Esi3.21
END
END

APPEND "#ESIJ"
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Aerie-Esi3.21
SAY ~Haha! The bitch realized, finally. What she had in her head, <CHARNAME>...~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("Aerie",LeaveParty())~ EXIT
END

APPEND "##ESIJ"
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Aerie-Esi3.1
SAY ~<CHARNAME>, you may be strong but I can still tear your mind apart; this bitch is mine.~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ EXIT
END
END

Throw all that in, APPENDs and all.

Icen

#55 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:34 PM

I love you.
Adding in some stuff for the PC to say was a gud idea :)

Yes, Vilk, so sorry of my ignorance to Illithid ways. I'll change (or get Icen to) his parents to be just him, instead.

EDIT: By the way, to everyone who is reading/participating in this mod, whaddya think about my banters? Any comments/critisism helpful!
EDIT 2: New mod added to the main post, Jarno. Keep 'em coming :D

Edited by Ithilian Delorio, 03 November 2008 - 10:43 PM.

#56 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

Yes, Vilk, so sorry of my ignorance to Illithid ways. I'll change (or get Icen to) his parents to be just him, instead.

Where did we say that he was an Illithid? As the whole point of my mod :devil: is that he is not, but a caster and... :whistling:
Open the joining dialog, to see... But do not spoil it for the others.

father ... mother
I don't know if you decided to go with the cursed human line after all, but real illithids don't work that way. For one thing, they are hermaphrodites, and they don't really grow up knowing their parent. All this info is available on wikipedia.
Other than blatant Marty Sueism, failing to adhere to the existing lore is just about the worst thing you can do in a mod, so please to be doing your research. <_<

Hih, but as he is not a real illithid, but a D&D character trapped into a magic robe, so you can probably slide that, even if you don't want to find out what he/it really is. By the way, the description of his past in the Aeries dialog suits his race very nicely...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 November 2008 - 12:31 AM.

#57 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

I would prefer that it be a normal flayer, so I would edit out the father/mother references. Talk about his friends, and so on.

Icen

#58 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

I would prefer that it be a normal flayer, so I would edit out the father/mother references. Talk about his friends, and so on.

Well, in that case it's more of a concern of time, and believability as the great Avariel time is long gone. :whistling:

I also uploaded an updated archive with the code you provided, :blush: though it's not play tested as I have not had time, it installs though. And I also removed the incorrect Error.DEBUG file I used to diagnose a problem last time that I left to the files.
Edit: a spelling error corrected, so I uploaded into this instead.

Attached Files

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 November 2008 - 12:32 AM.

#59 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:31 AM

Well, I recently installed Bg1tutu and it screwed up my copy of SoA... Been hunting around for my disc (as I could play without it if I had the bg1 disc in (not sure which mod I had did this, too many :doh: )) and guess what? This happens (yes, it happens) the second Jarno released the 2nd Esiriak mod. I havn't even had the bastard in my party yet. Ofc, when I find it, Ill tell ya what I think.

And by the way, silly, he is a *real* Mind Flayer :fish:

#60 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

Oops. double posted :Tasty:

Edited by Ithilian Delorio, 04 November 2008 - 12:34 AM.