Photo

Esiriak, the Abjurer -v0.093-

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

My god, so many replies! Thank you one and all for expressing interest in Esiriak :cheers:
I'll start from the beginning. *deep breath*

To all things concerning his voice: I was aiming for an echo'y Solar voice. As he can't speak and such.
His class: Damn. I was hoping just to stick with a Bioware kit to try and make him look as 'natural' as possible when molding into Faerun, instead of having his own original kit. But hey, if it can't be helped, so be it.
The robe: I like it! A nice thing to add into banters and bio's would be about how he got his hands on an Illithid Robe. But then, both the ideas of an outcast Illithid that can relate to Viconia AND a mage wearing a cursed Illithid robe are both great ideas. Trouble is figuring out which one to use :unsure:
His evilness: I chose Neutral Evil as he doesn't mind traveling with others (as he enjoys screwing with their minds, mwaahaha :devil: ). He does, however, have the every-man-for-himself view, making him somewhere between CE and CN. Confuzzled? Me too.
Abilities: Nope, he won't have this-wait a minute, A vegetarian Illithid? Lost his taste for brains and was cast out of Illithid society? :blink: I suppose to stop plot ruining, either the storyline people for most if not all of the quests will have strong mental blocks, enough to keep him out, OR, He will be ttoo evil to disclose any info he finds out with CHARNAME. Makes him more evil, no?

Thanks again everyone! I also was thinking about a great quest involving Boo, Esiriak, and a pair of Giant Space Hamsters, UNMINITURIZED. Roar.

I'll explain.

~~~

The quests will be named (something along the lines of) 'Boo's Mental Problems'
It all starts out when Esiriak decides it will be funny to possess Boo with his Mind Powah and make him speak all manners of devilish incantations to Minsc's dismay and Esiriak's pleasure. Somehow this triggers a sort of tracker in Boo, bringing his parents - a pair of GIANT SPACE HAMSTERS to the rescue. The hamsters see what has happened to Boo and abduct Minsc and Esiriak (ALIEN ABDUCTION!) and take them to the space plane of the GSH. There you must try to diplomize your way through the city of the GSH and get Boo, Minsc, and (grudgingly) Esiriak back! GHS will have the difficulty level of killing at about a TOB Fire Giant - in SoA, thats a hard monster. And there will be a city full of them.
Hey, its a draft. Any comments?

#22 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

Unfortunately I think the quest idea kind of trivialises Boo's mystery; we're not supposed to find out whether he's actually a miniature giant space hamster or not. It's part of Minsc's charm.

The idea of an illithid NPC has been raised before, so it will be interesting to see how you handle it.

#23 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

The Cursed-Mage approach is fun, but not too evil and very silly. I personally would look into being able to add a new race.

There is a subrace mod, which having a look at might be worth something.

Personally I prefer a serious, real Illithid/Alhoon, to something silly.

VS. the brains issue, having a melee attack which drains 5 INT points, is really overpowered. There is a reason you have a duration on Shapechange. A funny banter could happen if you talk to a bartender (somebody you will always talk to, like the guy in the Copper Coronet) with something like "Any chance of a fresh brain, but looking around, I guess not.", and that sort of humour could be REALLY funny with Edwin.

Icen

Edited by Icendoan, 30 October 2008 - 02:21 PM.

Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#24 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

Well Liam, thats true, but hey. Why not? Makes interesting banters, after all :rolleyes:

Icen, I agree. With the exception of Jan I prefer the serious NPC's. I'm on MSN right now if you wish to talk more.

Edit: My MSN is clankthedude[at]hot mail . com
No comment. I was young.

Edited by Ithilian Delorio, 30 October 2008 - 02:25 PM.

#25 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

I am online NOW.

Icen

Edited by Icendoan, 30 October 2008 - 03:23 PM.

#26 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

A very late response to Aliya (because I'm a hopeless geek): Yes, they do, but not by the rule "I'm evil and you're evil so we like each other". Two evil persons might or might not like each other, and an evil person might just get along with a good or neutral person, as well, no?

Anyway - good luck to you, Ithilian.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#27 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

As I have said in your other thread, I would be happy to help code, if someone else would chip in a bit. :)

Otherwise, I would still teach you it and check your code, but it would progress much slower.

Icen

#28 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

Im fine with that. Thanks Icen. :)

#29 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

VS. the brains issue, having a melee attack which drains 5 INT points, is really overpowered. There is a reason you have a duration on Shapechange.

Sorry to double post, but I noticed this edit. Easily solved. Make the ability take only 1 INT point, and that it only works 65% of the time.

#30 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

VS. the brains issue, having a melee attack which drains 5 INT points, is really overpowered. There is a reason you have a duration on Shapechange.

Sorry to double post, but I noticed this edit. Easily solved. Make the ability take only 1 INT point, and that it only works 65% of the time.

Yeah, let's nerf Esiariak so he has no chance in life... <_<
:whistling:

Attached Files

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 31 October 2008 - 06:08 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#31 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

Whazzat? What I open it with?

#32 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:10 AM

Whazzat? What I open it with?

Normal .rar file, use winrar to unpack, put it to override folder, and CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ij#esirc") the item to yourself, and put it on to Esiariak and... :devil:
Edited for later update on post #30.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 31 October 2008 - 03:47 AM.

#33 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

Ok, thats all done. I type in CreateItem("ji#esirc",Mayolin) and all it does is say Active Stack: twice
I suck, I know.

#34 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:56 AM

After you have activated the Console with the given link; Write this:
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ij#esirc")
Edit same as above.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 31 October 2008 - 03:48 AM.

#35 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

Awesome! Even drains INT - now all we need is to get a new image, description etc for it.
Did I mention your awesome? In swear I did.

#36 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

Now, in your setup-esirinak.tp2 file, add this line:

COPY ~Esirinak/itm~ ~override~

And put the item in the folder, under the Itm subfolder.

Me, I would have stolen the flayer's normal weapon, nerf it and make it usable by the pc, although it would be cursed so thieves can't steal it. :)

WeiDU will install them for you. :)

Icen

Edited by Icendoan, 31 October 2008 - 02:58 AM.

#37 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:41 AM

Ups, well, I'll later rename the item&rar as I -ah, forgot one important thing... <_< And Ithilian Delorio, as you need to take notice of the fact too, so go and reserve a filename prefix for yourself from here.

#38 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:10 AM

Well, here we go, try this one:

COPY ~##Esirinak/Itm/weapon.itm~ ~override/##wep.itm~
 SAY NAME1 ~Illithid Tentacles
 SAY NAME2 ~Esirinak's Tentacles~ //Identified name
 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~A set of tentacles, usually attached to a Mind Flayer~
 SAY DESC ~Esirinak's tentacles are....~ //Identified description

Which copies your item and gives it a name and description. :)

Icen

#39 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

<3

#40 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

WeiDU is perfectly easy. ^_^

Icen