Photo

Valen, lots of Valens

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LadyRolePlay

LadyRolePlay
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

I am in the Undercity going to the final fight with Saervok.  Just walking around the UC for a look around and ran into three Valens down there.  The fight started off and I think three became five.  I thought Valen was part of BG2?  Should she even be down there at all?  Needless to say, I reloaded and am staying away from that area altogether, it's almost more than my party can do at this time.

Is this part of some mod, or is it a bug perhaps?  She's awfully damn hard, even just one of her, let alone five Valens.

#2 LadyRolePlay

LadyRolePlay
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

I am in the Undercity going to the final fight with Saervok. Just walking around the UC for a look around and ran into three Valens down there. The fight started off and I think three became five. I thought Valen was part of BG2? Should she even be down there at all? Needless to say, I reloaded and am staying away from that area altogether, it's almost more than my party can do at this time.

Is this part of some mod, or is it a bug perhaps? She's awfully damn hard, even just one of her, let alone five Valens.

I replayed this part, watched the dialogue more carefully. They say I 'got through their mistress' which made no sense in this context. I suppose they're talking about Bohdi. I prepared prior to the battle, and got through it, there were showing credit killed, four Valens, at 2500 xp each, and I have the mod in that half's the xp through out the game. But yes they're looking for Sarevok, and decided the both of us are a great deal. But should there really be four of them?

#3 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:04 AM

This is caused by Drizzt Saga. If it is a bug or if the modauthor deliberately placed this vampires, I can't say...

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#4 LadyRolePlay

LadyRolePlay
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

This is caused by Drizzt Saga. If it is a bug or if the modauthor deliberately placed this vampires, I can't say...

Greetings Leomar

*laughing* can't seem to play drizzit saga, yet, I gonna see if he shows up as per Jarnos now that I've killed Saervok, but the vampires do  :blink: .  And further more they are all named, Valen, almost as hard as the end game fight, cause those four Valens were awfully uber, luckily vampires as a whole, not all that bad IF you can pre prepare.  That uber mace you got in Dark Side of the Sword Coast, unashamedly saw heavy use on Gavin's part also ... ....

Good thing I have the feature that cuts your xp in half!  At first leary of installing that, I was so glad I did, I finished out part one at a lvl nine, IMHO feels about right, but each Valan even at half the xp was 2500 each, wow think about that times four.

Edited by LadyRolePlay, 14 November 2008 - 12:52 PM.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:56 PM

Protection from Undead scrolls will make the Valens unable to attack. Use those on your spellcaster and principal fighter at least.

Drizzt does not spawn again unless you CLUA him. Drizzt Saga character joins your party when you help him with the gnolls. I think you missed that bus.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 LadyRolePlay

LadyRolePlay
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

Protection from Undead scrolls will make the Valens unable to attack.  Use those on your spellcaster and principal fighter at least.

Drizzt does not spawn again unless you CLUA him.  Drizzt Saga character joins your party when you help him with the gnolls.  I think you missed that bus.

TY Hoppy.  That's exactly what I did when I reloaded   :rolleyes: .  Sure wasn't expecting it the first  time, so very unprepared.  I had come off fighting the group down there then the Bonehill group, just was caught off balance by this. For some reason had a lot of those scrolls I was carrying around.

I dl'd the BWP of Drizzit Saga, and know it conflicts with the Drizzt saga.  What is the console command to spawn him in, and force join him?  I'll go back out to the lake. Now my party is a lvl nine, I feel like I could participate in it, rather than tag along.

I know erebusant fixed it up, at least his part, I read about what he did, but I've never seen it for download anywhere.  What a great solution and great outcome that was.  I guess that is in the BWP download, but the BGNPC 1 mod messes that up right.  In any case Regis was/is at the lake in my version, I'll have to force join drizzt in to get regis to transport us.

Edited by LadyRolePlay, 15 November 2008 - 09:57 AM.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

"F_DRIZZT" is his code and you might not be able to talk to him now but just do the party acceptance cheat with ctrl+Q to get him in party. Make sure you have a free slot. It should be OK after that.

Erebusant's edit is probably not available for the public because of the rewriting. I did a similar thing in my game just to try out coding and compatibility for myself but I cannot share things like that.

Edited by Hoppy, 15 November 2008 - 10:04 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant