Known Issues 3.02 (report bugs here)

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#41 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, I reproduced your problem, taplonaplo. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. This is "the bug that won't die". I have fixed the same bug in a crapload of other places, and I -seem- to do the same steps that fixes it here, but maybe I did something a little differently. Let me play around with it and see if I can nail whatever it is doing it.

For the time being, the problem can be avoided by avoiding the specific circumstances leading to it... don't talk/use an item in your inventory (meaning, the ones that pop up a dialogue box) right before another creature in game starts up a dialogue. If you need to talk to the item at a given point, then just save and reload or talk to another party member to "clear the cache" of wherever that item's dialogue file is getting stuck and given priority over any NPC-initiated dialogue.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 15 January 2009 - 03:07 PM.

#42 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Phew, I just tested, and the issue does NOT seem to happen when you talk to an item right before an inter-party banter. Worked like hell to fix that, glad to see it didn't get messed up somewhere along the way.

Qwinn

#43 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

Ah so that's the symbol for Limbo. There is no reference in the code for a fourth spell key. I could inject a function exactly like the existing spell keys where it checks if current area matches one of the planes AR####. Then it does an internal call to HasItem() to see if the PC casting the spell has the spell key on them. The spell key has to be in the inventory of the caster (doesn't matter where) to have any effect. Like Dak's spells will still be messed up if you have the SK on TNO. On Qwinn's side of things, all he would have to do is create a new ITM file and somehow tie it into the game. I'm not sure where this would fall. It's not fixpack material since it's adding new content to correct an issue with Planescape universe that wasn't implemented. UB component? Maybe this would help bring some balance to the zone?

The tricky part isn't adding in a check for area/item, that's easy. What I need to know is how Limbo affects spells. Do you know what effects each plane should have on certain types or specific spells? This would be useful in my analysis of different branches of code. I'll try out casting some healing spells in Neg Plane and see what happens.

Lastly, any idea what these unused (per platter's list) tattoo BAM's symbolize?
II467.BAM
II470.BAM
II472.BAM
II473.BAM // Limbo one
II474.BAM
II476.BAM

Edited by scient, 15 January 2009 - 05:28 PM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#44 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

Lastly, any idea what these unused (per platter's list) tattoo BAM's symbolize?
II467.BAM // The Abyss
II470.BAM // Xaositecs (Chaosmen)
II472.BAM // The Gray Waste
II473.BAM // Limbo one
II474.BAM // Mechanus
II476.BAM // Outlands

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#45 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:44 PM

Good stuff, Daulmakan, and thanks for posting that alu-fiend pic too :)

Qwinn

#46 -Odross-

-Odross-

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

Sorry was away. I have emailed those files you requested, here is weidu

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // PS:T Ultimate WeiDU Fixpack, by Qwinn: v3.00
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Dialogue Spelling/Grammar Corrections (English Only): v3.00
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Subtitled Cutscenes: v3.00
~SETUP-PST-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // All Recommended PS:T Unfinished Business Components: v2.00
~SETUP-PST-UB.TP2~ #0 #50 // Expanded Deionarra's Truth Mod: v2.00

As for the other stuff, i dont remember if i have instaled the subtitled cutscenes but from that weidu file i assume i did. but i dont remember seeing any subtitles through the game, sorry for this :D

the thing with the siege tower, i am pretty sure i spend five minutes with only TNO walking around that spot. and i have wasted every dialog option with lazlo and also had entry in journal about it so it should work.

and yes, the other person i couldnt talk to was ebb creakknees.

hope that this will help you

ha...almost forgot about that fhjull thing... yes i can control my group and move it in the black background. and dialog with fhjull triggers if i stand as well as if i move the party.

#47 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

Odross:

Well, my guess was right. NONE of the required new variables exist in your VAR.VAR file. I honestly have no idea how that could happen. Could you send me your SETUP-PST-Fix.DEBUG file too? All I can do is hope that the debug file has an error message to explain why...

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 16 January 2009 - 01:47 AM.

#48 -Odross-

-Odross-

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

Odross:

Well, my guess was right. NONE of the required new variables exist in your VAR.VAR file. I honestly have no idea how that could happen. Could you send me your SETUP-PST-Fix.DEBUG file too? All I can do is hope that the debug file has an error message to explain why...

Qwinn

sent

#49 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:47 AM

URF... I just noticed, you also used Fixpack 3.0 with UB 2.0... that's going to complicate matters. Those were totally separate releases. Can it explain this problem...? It's actually possible. Not way likely, but possible.

So yeah, if you could, send me the SETUP-PST-Fix.DEBUG -and- the SETUP-PST-UB.DEBUG if you could. Thanks.

EDIT: Got it, thanks. Actually, what you sent me was the UB debug file, now I need the Fix debug file, if possible :)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 16 January 2009 - 01:49 AM.

#50 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

Wait, that doesn't make any sense. The Expanded Deionarra's Truth Mod didn't exist in UB version 2.0. I must've forgotten to update the version # for UB in that release, that's the only explanation (unless there's something freaky with WeiDU going on there, which I doubt).

So, okay, never mind about it being different releases, that must've been a mistake on my part.

And actually, it's looking to me like the variables created by the UB mods -were- added to your VAR.VAR, it's just the Fixpack ones that weren't. Which is even weirder.

Qwinn

#51 -Odross-

-Odross-

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

URF... I just noticed, you also used Fixpack 3.0 with UB 2.0... that's going to complicate matters. Those were totally separate releases. Can it explain this problem...? It's actually possible. Not way likely, but possible.

So yeah, if you could, send me the SETUP-PST-Fix.DEBUG -and- the SETUP-PST-UB.DEBUG if you could. Thanks.

EDIT: Got it, thanks. Actually, what you sent me was the UB debug file, now I need the Fix debug file, if possible :)

Qwinn

sent both just to be sure :)

#52 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:05 AM

Thank you.

There's no hint of any error in the Fixpack DEBUG file. It looks like it updated the VAR.VAR just fine... and yet, all the Fixpack variables in the VAR.VAR you sent me are missing, while the UB ones are there where they should be. I have no explanation for this :( I've uninstalled and reinstalled my mods dozens of times, and that file was always exactly what it should be.

And from that Annah dialogue file you sent me, it -does- look like everything else installed... it was definitely updated with the Subtitled Cutscenes changes...

So I'm baffled here.

At this point, I can only recommend uninstalling both mods totally, then reinstalling them. When you've done that, send me VAR.VAR again, and I can quickly verify if the variables are there.

Qwinn

#53 gothemasticator

gothemasticator
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:14 AM

Qwinn,

1) Solving the Godsmen murder: I turn in both Thildon and Saros, but not Bedai Linn. Then I become a Godsman. Then, if I talk to a worker on the secret project and ask about the engineers, the worker says, "Well, you already know Bedai Linn has been arrested. Who would have guessed she's a murderer?" Also, when I talk to Bedai Linn again, she acts as if the murder is not solved, and my dialogue choices are the same as when I was interogating her for the murder.

2) After talking Sandoz out of suicide, shouldn't there be new dialogue with his daughter, who helped me? I seem to remember it being there before, but I can't swear to it. In any case, right now she and TNO have no new dialogue for each other after saving her father.

thanks,

gothemasticator

#54 -Odross-

-Odross-

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

it should be done. just to mention, when i use setup to uninstal pack and after succesfull removal i select (q) for quit it automaticly reinstal the pack. is it right?

#55 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

(Sorry, fell asleep, we were working at 5am my time there, heh)

Anyways... no, actually. What automatically reinstalls at that point is any mods that came -after- the one you just uninstalled... in your case, after uninstalling the Fixpack, it would've automatically reinstalled UB.

And let me say, I really hope that's what happened, cause what you sent me -still- has only the UB variables. All Fixpack variables are still missing. I still have no idea how that could happen.

So yeah, make sure Fixpack is installed after what you did, cause it doesn't look like it from here.

Post WeiDU.log again to make sure :)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 16 January 2009 - 08:02 AM.

#56 taplonaplo

taplonaplo
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

my dakkon/annah gains 1more hp upon level up than they should (6as fighter 4 as thief 3 as mage) when leveling up only in one class. I have only the ultimate fixpack, the max hp and tome of cheat tweak installed.

#57 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

It's possible for that to happen, if on a previous level they got a "half hit point", which is likely due to something like a +3 Constitution bonus being cut in half due to the way multi-class characters level. Although you can't see it, those partial hit points -are- tracked.

Qwinn

#58 taplonaplo

taplonaplo
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

What i do is:
start new game, teleport to dakkon with book, get him to join, then do 10x10000xp seperatly, leveling up one class at a time, result: 55hp
then loaded and added 100000xp and leveled in one go, i got 51hp.
dakkon starts as 3/3 and and with 100000(3 party members) gets to 5/5, the difference is 4hp, 1/level. His con is 16, no half points. The con bonus applies correctly(1/lvl).
EDIT:
/*  SPRINT "Q_Patch_Name" ~18b. Lower level classes get 0hp, not 1hp, on levelup.~
// Adding call to injected code after final hp gain on level up is calculated, this is just for safety in case the above change is required for some reason.
// search: 8B 45 CC 8B 4D F4 64 89 0D 00 00 00 00 8B E5 5D C2 14 00 55 8B EC 83 EC 14
// replace 2cd: E8 5D 73 EB FF 90 64 89 0D 00 00 00 00 8B E5 5D C2 14 00 55 8B EC 83 EC 14
// replace 4cd: E8 1D 73 EB FF 90 64 89 0D 00 00 00 00 8B E5 5D C2 14 00 55 8B EC 83 EC 14

SET Q_Starting_Offset = 0x1831B0
  SET Q_Replace_Offset  = 0

SET searchlength = 25
  SPRINT searchpattern  ~1234567890123456789012345~
  SPRINT searchbytes ~8B 45 CC 8B 4D F4 64 89 0D 00 00 00 00 8B E5 5D C2 14 00 55 8B EC 83 EC 14~

SET replacelength = 25
  SPRINT replacepattern ~1234567890123456789012345~
  PATCH_IF Q_VER = 2 BEGIN SPRINT replacebytes ~E8 5D 73 EB FF 90 64 89 0D 00 00 00 00 8B E5 5D C2 14 00 55 8B EC 83 EC 14~ END
				ELSE BEGIN SPRINT replacebytes ~E8 1D 73 EB FF 90 64 89 0D 00 00 00 00 8B E5 5D C2 14 00 55 8B EC 83 EC 14~ END

LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO Q_Pattern_Maker
  LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO Q_Engine_Patcher

*/
commenting out this section makes it normAl again

Edited by taplonaplo, 16 January 2009 - 11:26 AM.

#59 -Odross-

-Odross-

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

ok, now we are getting serious. earlier this day i did the uninstal and all was good. i went through the portal just fine. i even got into the siege tower. but i must have f*cked it up right now because loading my saves crashes the game :(

and also, when i played, getting into FFG's brothel crashed the game

anyway here is my weidu

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // PS:T Ultimate WeiDU Fixpack, by Qwinn: v3.00
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Subtitled Cutscenes: v3.00
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Dialogue Spelling/Grammar Corrections (English Only): v3.00

#60 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

That says that the Fixpack is uninstalled. You need to reinstall it.

And unless you only posted a partial file, you have to reinstall UB too.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 16 January 2009 - 11:36 AM.