• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

Please report any problems with DSotSC v215 in this thread.
Please do not use this thread if you're using v216; use the release thread instead.
Thank you.

Edited by Turambar, 25 February 2012 - 01:28 AM.

It takes a village...

#2 yysolo

yysolo
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

Please report any problems with DSotSC in this thread. Thank you.

Thanks for the new release, I don't know if I make a mistake ;) I couldn't get bam of DSLEAT02, DSROBE02 & DSROBE06.

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the new release, I don't know if I make a mistake ;) I couldn't get bam of DSLEAT02, DSROBE02 & DSROBE06.

Go ahead and use these attached bams. Thanks for the catch. There isn't a bam in existance for Thorfinn's armor so it needed to be made (fixed for next release) and the 2 robes rely on bams from TDD and/or NTotSC to work, so I've added that to the install as well.

Attached Files

It takes a village...

#4 yysolo

yysolo
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

Go ahead and use these attached bams. Thanks for the catch. There isn't a bam in existance for Thorfinn's armor so it needed to be made (fixed for next release) and the 2 robes rely on bams from TDD and/or NTotSC to work, so I've added that to the install as well.

Thanks for the fix, it works well in my game now :cheers:

#5 Leo_TR

Leo_TR
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

Hi,

I am playing MegaMod attached my WeiDU.log

In Chapter 6 before entering Baldur's Gate I've talked to Jet'laya, accepted to help her and watched DSotSC brief. Back in game Yeslick and Xan (They are the only ones i havent kicked out the party yet. NPC's have been kicked and rejoined seems to stop banters. Is this a known issue?) began banter about Sarevok being my brother. That's big spoilers :cheers:

I am not well at these things but in Shadowkeeper i had a look over Global Variables there are:

X#YCHAPTER7
O#XANBG1FRIENDCHAPTER7
O#XANBG1FRIENDTIMER7
created when DSotSC started.

I am stuck, afraid to move on having future checks messed up. I'd like to know if there is a way to work this around changing variables of such.

Greetings

Update: The game won't load if i delete them before they are able to banter.

Attached Files

Edited by Leo_TR, 18 January 2009 - 02:17 PM.

#6 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

Hi!

Some time ago I was in the Wood of Sharp Teeth and I found 2 identical letters that say "Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man but cannot walk or hold things" and I don't know what to do with them or if they mean anything. One letter was in "DSC001" and the other in "DSC002" :). weidu

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:02 AM

Hi!

Some time ago I was in the Wood of Sharp Teeth and I found 2 identical letters that say "Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man but cannot walk or hold things" and I don't know what to do with them or if they mean anything. One letter was in "DSC001" and the other in "DSC002" :). weidu

Original DSotSC item ... i guess it's something funny developed by creators as the 2 guys in Jovial Juggler Inn,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#8 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

On the final area with Shar Nadal a group of drow spawned after a few seconds (mages and elite drow). After a death spell wiped out the party I reloaded. Even on multiple reloads they never showed up again. Checking the area with NI I saw the area bcs was greyed out (and I couldn't find it anywhere). But there was another bcs that had the spawns that I encountered. However setting the Global("DrowCount", "GLOBAL",0) or to 1 or 2 wouldn't spawn them again either. Might be a messed up timer issue.

#9 --Miloch--

--Miloch--

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

I'm pretty sure Thorfinn's armour is supposed to use dsilea02.bam, not dsilea10 which is a bogus reference. I don't think dsilea02 is used elsewhere, and it matches the description BAM better. So you can either change it to dsilea02 in the .itm file or use this dsilea10. Yours and mine for reference:
Posted Image Posted Image
Also, the original DS did have an iclck51. It's pretty much like yours, but the shadow on yours is hosed for some reason (before and after below).
Posted Image Posted Image

I am not well at these things but in Shadowkeeper i had a look over Global Variables there are:
X#YCHAPTER7
O#XANBG1FRIENDCHAPTER7
O#XANBG1FRIENDTIMER7
created when DSotSC started.

These appear to be variables from BG1NPC, Xan Friendship or maybe another mod. At any rate, they're more in that format than DS variables.

NPC's have been kicked and rejoined seems to stop banters. Is this a known issue?

I think so - maybe from an older version of SCS? Your WeiDU log is majorly messed up by the way (maybe because you either BIFFed or deleted your mod source files.

However setting the Global("DrowCount", "GLOBAL",0) or to 1 or 2 wouldn't spawn them again either. Might be a messed up timer issue.

No clue about this... erebusant?

#10 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

On the final area with Shar Nadal a group of drow spawned after a few seconds (mages and elite drow). After a death spell wiped out the party I reloaded. Even on multiple reloads they never showed up again. Checking the area with NI I saw the area bcs was greyed out (and I couldn't find it anywhere). But there was another bcs that had the spawns that I encountered. However setting the Global("DrowCount", "GLOBAL",0) or to 1 or 2 wouldn't spawn them again either. Might be a messed up timer issue.

I'll have to take a look at the scripts when I get there. I was finished through Bonehill Pt 1 and Bandit Camp and just about set to foray into Cloakwood when I decided it would be nice for NPC's that rejoin the party after being booted to be able to "catch up" with the party and rejoin at party level, so I got slightly distracted for a few weeks. That and Will's p&j dialogs needed to be completely reworked. Just about done now though so it shouldn't be a whole lot longer before I can look at these things again. Cloakwood ho....

It takes a village...

#11 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Minor bugs for DSDUEGSK.cre/Druegar Skeleton Conjurer:
- Unknown kit assigned instead of a valid one or NO_KIT.
- Moreover his script dsduegsk.bcs refers to an invalid spellref named spduepre. It was maybe meant to summon a Skeleton Warrior.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#12 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

- Moreover his script dsduegsk.bcs refers to an invalid spellref named spduepre. It was maybe meant to summon a Skeleton Warrior.

10th

Thanks,

I'll check into these soon, as my DSotSC section of the game is just about set to kick off.

It takes a village...

#13 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

Again something minor:
Line 1220 in Setup-DSotSC.tp2

ADD_STORE_ITEM ~HELMSUN~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #1

This item doesn't exist in DSotSC. Is this something similar to scrx17 in NTotSC?

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#14 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

Again something minor:
Line 1220 in Setup-DSotSC.tp2

ADD_STORE_ITEM ~HELMSUN~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #1

This item doesn't exist in DSotSC. Is this something similar to scrx17 in NTotSC?

10th

This is Selune's Laurel of Favor and is usable only by Sime. It is a Tortured Souls item that was being added to the Shop of Silence. I'll remove it.

It takes a village...

#15 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

10th

.cre kit has 59-Wisher as kit. Can you run a changelog on DSDUEGSK to see what mod changed it?

SPDUEPRE.SPL is a BP spell. Originally DSotSC was built to be compatible with BP. Added the BP spell to the DSotSC install for those who don't install BP.

It takes a village...

#16 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

Sure. Here they are:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ 0 0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6161 // Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC

And regarding spduepre.spl, apparently this spell requires two creatures and one .baf. bpduehi.cre, bpduelow.cre and spduepre.baf.

10th

Edited by 10th, 30 June 2009 - 11:16 AM.

#17 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:35 AM

Sure. Here they are:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ 0 0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6161 // Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC

And regarding spduepre.spl, apparently this spell requires two creatures and one .baf. bpduehi.cre, bpduelow.cre and spduepre.baf.

10th

Not sure what's going on with your kit assignment. I have the same 2 components installed in my game and my .cre has the proper assignment. Go ahead and check your base .cre file in the DSotSC/cre folder and see if it is correct there. Otherwise you can correct it to 59 - Wisher for the kit.

It takes a village...

#18 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

Well, after looking at the base creature, I noticed that it has Unknown - 59 as a kit. As vanilla BG2's kitlist.2da only has 31 entries, that's understandable.

Is 59 - Wisher a kit introduced by another megamod?

10th

#19 Lady Silvana

Lady Silvana
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:21 AM

The item dsbull01.itm (bullets of detonation) has a green background. :(

I have uploaded an image for you to verify.

Posted Image

Thankx :lol:

Attached Files

Edited by Lady Silvana, 04 October 2009 - 05:22 AM.

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:19 AM

Looks like some BAM-Batcher action's the need of the hour :P

I confirm the same thing btw (in the store of that trungle guy in the Zombie Retreat) But I remember that DSotSC's icons aren't green from my last BWP6 install and guess what, the bam in question is IDROW02.bam from DarkHorizons :cheers: not DSotSC :o

Question I wanna ask is ... DarkHorizons is installed BEFORE DSotSC?? (in both the Lady's WeiDU.log and my BWP8 install), so why aren't the DSotSC bams overwriting the DH ones?? (instead of the other way around)

I'm reporting this to their forums ;)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod