Challenge #49: Favourite Banter

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 pwnieride

pwnieride
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

What a dangerous source of procrastionation I just discovered here! :P

Anyway, this is obviously not the entire banter, but it IS a direct quote from canon Minsc nonetheless...

Posted Image

Sarevok- not amused.

Edit: that's Wong Fei's ioun stone floating around his head there. I just realized it might look confusing and odd. :P

Edited by pwnieride, 21 January 2009 - 01:29 PM.

#42 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

I've just read it! I love that banter, so that why I bring Sarevok along many times.

#43 pwnieride

pwnieride
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Okay, and one more. I felt inspired. :)

Posted Image

#44 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

Well I havent been able to draw anything yet, but I did find this old drawing.Yes I may have changed the ending and totally made fun of the fact that Imoen calls CHARNAME angsty, but it's based off of a COMPLETELY CANON banter in ToB.
csdfa.jpg
So, I guess this is my entry for now.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#45 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

Nice entries, pwnieride. :) I love that banters.
And Sammi, I like this pic. Know it from DA.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#46 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

Well I havent been able to draw anything yet, but I did find this old drawing.Yes I may have changed the ending and totally made fun of the fact that Imoen calls CHARNAME angsty, but it's based off of a COMPLETELY CANON banter in ToB.
csdfa.jpg
So, I guess this is my entry for now.

Hmmm...my Noriko is not angsty either...well, except during that time where she was kind of missing her soul, and was somehow starting to degenerate (Xan's withdrawal was also to blame for that, though alone it would not usually have been able to bring her down to full angsting, despite making her sad.), but once she got it back she immediately snapped out of it, going back to her sugar-rushed self.

So, there's a large number of cheery Bhaalspawn. Are we sure that "Bhaalspawn" isn't just Forgotten Realms slang for "ADHD"? :lol:

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Jazhara7, 23 January 2009 - 10:11 AM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#47 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hmm, I didn't think that was how that went...

:P

Actually, I'll admit, I had to look up how the banter actually went after seeing that. And it got me another laugh. "Wake up and decide to hug a tree." Heheheh.

Good entries all.

Edit: that's Wong Fei's ioun stone floating around his head there. I just realized it might look confusing and odd. :P

I was wondering if Minsc was throwing stones at him to make more "Unholy Rage!"
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#48 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hahah! 'You scare me, Viconia'. :D

#49 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

Wong Fei's Ioun Stone? What? It is only available to Monks...

I will attribute it to Artistic Licence™

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#50 pwnieride

pwnieride
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

Wong Fei's Ioun Stone? What? It is only available to Monks...

I will attribute it to Artistic Licence™

Icen

Monks and fighters, I believe? I remember deciding between giving it to Sarevok and Korgan.

Honestly, on second thought, I just should've made him helm-less and left it at that. Oh well. Hopefully enough people will see my little note to realize it's not Minsc throwing rocks (or Boo!). :P

#51 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Meh Class restrictions don't affect my Sarry. He's taken up a new profession in death...
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#52 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

Both of those are really good
sammi I love how you drew Imoen
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#53 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

I love everyone's entries so far! Don't worry Sammi, your Bhaalspawn is not alone in a lack of angst, although Viviane does have her daddy's murderous tendencies... just not the angst :D

Here's the first of mine - just for giggles, I promise I'm working on something drawn, but this is my favorite banter ever and where the mascot for The Most Noble Order the Radiant Heart comes from:

Aye_indeed.jpg

Oh, Anomen, you had me at "bird of raw and flaming power."
~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

?Here, take this. It?s a few special concoctions I whipped up to help you tomorrow should Lorne decide to poison you, cheat, or simply give you several gaping chest wounds.?
- Sand, Neverwinter Nights 2

?I would grieve for Eldoth, if it were not for the sense of joy I now feel.?
- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

I can does write fanfiction?

Have Facebook? Then you should join The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart! ... please :)

#54 darlarosa

darlarosa

• 384 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

ROFL I love you forever JAMoczo XD
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#55 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

ROFL I love you forever JAMoczo XD

XD I take Aerie along JUST for that conversation. It's seriously the most wonderful thing ever.
~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

?Here, take this. It?s a few special concoctions I whipped up to help you tomorrow should Lorne decide to poison you, cheat, or simply give you several gaping chest wounds.?

- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

Have Facebook? Then you should join The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart! ... please :)

#56 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

Okay, my actual drawing submission - the dialogue may not be right but I barely had time to draw this, much less play ToB through to that point:

scan0001.jpg

Heeheehee.
~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

#57 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

Nice entry, JAMoczo :D I liked those guys.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#58 darlarosa

darlarosa

• 384 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

The first time I had that banter I shot diet coke out of my nose....IT BURNS D: but the comic is funny ^_^

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

#59 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:31 AM

Next Challenge is up! :D And the heavy choice of your top dialogue continues.

Any of your favourite game banters can still go here.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#60 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:43 AM

@ JAMoczo: They're those losers who get pwned by the Slayer and then *reload* the game!! lol great choice

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)