Photo

BP and the big BG2 mods

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

I know that BP combines the big BG2 mods and make them compatible together. But I don't know if the BP KI is used to balance the big BG2 mods only, or exists there more balancing issues with the big BG2 mods.

i.e. Balances BP the creatures, items, spells, XP or anything else in the big BG2 mods?
What does the main component do exactly?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

I know that BP combines the big BG2 mods and make them compatible together...

It doesn't do that anymore...

What does the main component do exactly?

It is the AI.

...But I don't know if the BP {A}I is used to balance the big BG2 mods only, or exists there more balancing issues with the big BG2 mods.

i.e. Balances BP the creatures, items, spells, XP or anything else in the big BG2 mods?

It doesn't 'balance' mods, instead asserts an AI philosophy just like Tactics, SCS, etc. do.

The BP AI affects some creatures, items...XP, etc. beyond BG2. For example, generic BG1 enemies and mages & clerics will get BP AI scripting.

I'll say that it does nothing or very little to spells, except some innates (as seen in \SPL\), but I haven't yet detailed the code to give a fuller answer.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

It also adds content like: Lich in the Docks, Red Badge Poison-Based Encounter, Kuroisan, the Acid Kensai, and The Ritual.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:03 AM

Thanks for the answer. :)

The BP AI affects some creatures, items...XP, etc. beyond BG2. For example, generic BG1 enemies and mages & clerics will get BP AI scripting.

David recommend to install SCSI before BG2 mods. Is BP overwriting SCSI AI?

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 23 January 2009 - 03:06 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

Probably. I recommend (and I will try it myself one day) install BP before SCS-1.

#6 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

Probably. I recommend (and I will try it myself one day) install BP before SCS-1.

IIRC, the reason I advised doing it the other way around was because BP renames so many scripts. (Obviously, that only matters if you want the bits of SCS that modify those scripts.)

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

IIRC, the reason I advised doing it the other way around was because BP renames so many scripts. (Obviously, that only matters if you want the bits of SCS that modify those scripts.)

Correct David,

BP renames many scripts and SCS1 and 2 will append to those scripts whatever they are renamed to.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the answers. :)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier