• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#81 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

Vvverrry glad ye likes it.
It's not quite as, eh, percussive/rhythmic as the example tracks you mentioned, but if it's good... :]

#82 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:00 AM

Vvverrry glad ye likes it.
It's not quite as, eh, percussive/rhythmic as the example tracks you mentioned, but if it's good... :]

In the end I realized that percussions would fit a "hostile" area, but that's not what I wanted. The mood/atmosphere, howerver, is good.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#83 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:32 AM

That's good then. :]

So on to something totally senile. xD

Attached Files

#84 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

That's crazy XD
Well, the title suits it well

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#85 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

WTF? @_@ :lol: The synth sound reminds me a cavedrops sound... :P

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#86 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

Teehee. XD

It's a weird ass experiment that went bad. So I made it even more terrible. xD

Yeahh, the dropletsy sound is just my usual 'wet floor', this time accompanied by a comparatively mute reverb. ^^

#87 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

:lol: It's sure a new kind of music! XD

My Deviant Art account

#88 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

I thought they were great and unique sounding. And cute.

...yes and don't hurt me when I said cute. It's a compliment!

:hug: :D :P

#89 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

A Compliment = A Compliment

:D

#90 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:53 AM

Something new once more, something of a second part of Wicked Fairytales, same lead instruments and the sorta stuff. @_@

Attached Files

#91 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

A Compliment = A Complaintment

Posted Image

Fixed it for you... now, I can't hear a thing cause I don't have speakers, but I'll listen these at some point...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#92 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

Teehee. xD

#93 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

Something new once more, something of a second part of Wicked Fairytales, same lead instruments and the sorta stuff. @_@

That's very good. I really like the melody! One of your best IMO. But I think it needs some improvements. You might consider:

1) Playing with the velocity/dynamics of each note as the "harp-like" instrument sounds a little too flat (meaning it sounds like playing from a machine) That usually happen to all instruments (the ones who aren't recorded by you) and I would strongly suggest you to do so. It's slight adjustments that give a huge boost to the sounds. Let's say they make it more "humanized". (as noone can play every note in the same velocity, only machines do) lol
Forgive me if you have already worked on that, but it sounds like you haven't... :P

PS:It has a very strong effect on drums and string instruments. It really gives a feeling. :D

PS2: Many programs, have can do automatic adjustments on velocity/dynamics. (like from 60/100 to 100/100). I wouldn't suggest that. It barely helps and if you want a real change you have to adjust them one by one manually -_-
It may sound a little difficult but it's not. You can easily make it once you have the melody in your mind. :D

2) Some parts are too sharp, you might want to adjust the equalizer to slightly cut some hi and hi mid tones.

3) IMO, the track would be way better if instead of digital bass sounds you replace them with drum/tympani. Well, that may needs some extra work to sound better but if you really want it you can make it and I think it may boost the track to a higher level.

Hope that helps! :D

EDIT: the above points concern music production, NOT mastering. Meaning that you should adjust first the production (where channels are split) and then the last thingys to adjust should be done in the master track. That doesn't mean that mastering isn't important but it has a greater value if the master track is already in good shape concerning the sound. ;)

Edited by Silinde Ar-Feiniel, 27 June 2009 - 05:21 AM.

My Deviant Art account

#94 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:08 AM

That's very good. I really like the melody! One of your best IMO. But I think it needs some improvements. You might consider:

1) Playing with the velocity/dynamics of each note as the "harp-like" instrument sounds a little too flat (meaning it sounds like playing from a machine) That usually happen to all instruments (the ones who aren't recorded by you) and I would strongly suggest you to do so. It's slight adjustments that give a huge boost to the sounds. Let's say they make it more "humanized". (as noone can play every note in the same velocity, only machines do) lol
Forgive me if you have already worked on that, but it sounds like you haven't... :P

PS:It has a very strong effect on drums and string instruments. It really gives a feeling. :D

PS2: Many programs, have can do automatic adjustments on velocity/dynamics. (like from 60/100 to 100/100). I wouldn't suggest that. It barely helps and if you want a real change you have to adjust them one by one manually -_-
It may sound a little difficult but it's not. You can easily make it once you have the melody in your mind. :D

2) Some parts are too sharp, you might want to adjust the equalizer to slightly cut some hi and hi mid tones.

3) IMO, the track would be way better if instead of bit sounds you replace them with drum/tympani. Well, that may needs some extra work to sound better but if you really want it you can make it and I think it may boost the track to a higher level.

Hope that helps! :D

EDIT: the above points concern music production, NOT mastering. Meaning that you should adjust first the production (where channels are split) and then the last thingys to adjust should be done in the master track. That doesn't mean that mastering isn't important but it has a greater value if the master track is already in good shape concerning the sound. ;)

I get the first point and the one about sharpness and such, and started experimenting with them, but eh.
The rest... Use what instead my Big Bass Drum? O-o

The instruments I'm using are Guitar, Dulcimer, Kantelabra, Big Bass Drum & for a few little spots a pipe of some sort.
But eh, use what instead of bit instruments? O-o
Bit instruments? o_O

Splitting channels? Dude, you're way ahead of me here... O_O

*Oh, and thanks for commenting. ^^

Edited by WeeRLegion, 27 June 2009 - 04:09 AM.

#95 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:09 AM

I get the first point and the one about sharpness and such, and started experimenting with them, but eh.
The rest... Use what instead my Big Bass Drum? O-o

The instruments I'm using are Guitar, Dulcimer, Kantelabra, Big Bass Drum & for a few little spots a pipe of some sort.
But eh, use what instead of bit instruments? O-o
Bit instruments? o_O

Splitting channels? Dude, you're way ahead of me here... O_O

*Oh, and thanks for commenting. ^^

Oh, forgive me, I think I gave a terribly wrong explanation concerning bit instruments. There's no such thing. Anyway, I meant the digital bass sound or your Big Bass Drum if that's how it called. :whistling: I meant that IMO, it would be better to be more close to natural drums and percussion. Hope it's clear now. ;)

As about splitting channels, I don't mean to split the current ones (though you can achieve some great effects with that, concerning sound depth/direction on L/R channel). I meant that you should adjust first the equilizer/velocity/dynimics on each instrument and then (if needed) on the master track (the track containing all the instruments, the final track). :D

My Deviant Art account

#96 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

Ah, I see, I'll see about tinkering with that stuff soon. @_@

Meanwhile, here's a little something TOTALLY different. .p
For the first time, I was working with my new midi controller keyb instead of guitar and tablature software; you can hear it's a bit choppy around a few turns, cause I have no idea how to play a keyb. .p
And no, I'm not really playing any of that; I just play in the notes on a midi music sheet, and afterwards arrange them into an somewhat more listenable pattern. .p

And yes, it's something TOTALLY^2 different from my previous works (the only thing it has in common is that it's random and WTF, but eh .p).

Attached Files

#97 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

Fairytales2_WIP_.mp3
At first I was a little confused because it started very quick, then its pace slowed down... then you added strong bass sounds. But it sounds great (and weird) nonetheless ;-)

Far_out.mp3
This is W.E.I.R.D. especially around 1/4 when it changes abruptly and then goes back to the previous tune.

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#98 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hehheh, thanks, I'll take both comments as compliments. ^^

#99 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

Shhh! Don't tell anyone; this just might MIGHT be my new record at awesomeness... @_@

Well, love it or hate it, you tell me what you think of it, eh? .p

Attached Files

#100 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

Very impressive, if a bit repetitive...though quite a difference (good difference) from your past works. :coolthumb: I can expand in detail if you wish but for now I will just say nice job!
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community