• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

I want thank the continued efforts of the community to keep mods alive & kickin'. Ascension is many a-player's never-leave-home-w/o-it mod.

It's also very encouraging to see new brains working on mods. We need more Dexters in the community. Hope to see a lot more coming from jon-eli and others.

Lastly...I'm sure we all agree, any changes/updates/fixes etc. to any mod should also be linked-back to the mod's original website -- e.g. in this case, to the thread that's being maintained to track updates to the mod. It's easy to forget such a practice, and I understand why this topic was brought up--once again--and in this forum only. Still, let's remember that mod authors/caretakers want to know how to keep their efforts current.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#22 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

I want thank the continued efforts of the community to keep mods alive & kickin'. Ascension is many a-player's never-leave-home-w/o-it mod.

It's also very encouraging to see new brains working on mods. We need more Dexters in the community. Hope to see a lot more coming from jon-eli and others.

Lastly...I'm sure we all agree, any changes/updates/fixes etc. to any mod should also be linked-back to the mod's original website -- e.g. in this case, to the thread that's being maintained to track updates to the mod. It's easy to forget such a practice, and I understand why this topic was brought up--once again--and in this forum only. Still, let's remember that mod authors/caretakers want to know how to keep their efforts current.

You're completly right. In every forum I see the recommendations to install Ascension before BG2 Fixpack, but not in the Ascension forum directly. I've done it here, now.
http://forums.pocket...ic,26401.0.html

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#23 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

As noted elsewhere, Fixpack changes player1.dlg such that Ascension's slayer-change dialogue is squashed, meaning that the slayer forms will no longer upgrade. The change that Fixpack makes is borderline cosmetic,

No, it's an error. If you're referring to what I think you are (somebody changed the Slayer "choose" to the dumbass string below the original) I just about fainted when I saw the change... and then I never did anything about it.

I think State 27 is unused by default. Future versions of the fixpack will probably weight this at 999 so it never triggers if I can remember to bug DavidW about it, but if anybody can think of problems with that approach, do say.

#24 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

You're completly right. In every forum I see the recommendations to install Ascension before BG2 Fixpack, but not in the Ascension forum directly. I've done it here, now.

Not quite true, as the very link I gave above makes the suggestion - back in Jun 2008. And I think I got the recommendation from elsewhere, but can't remember where if Idid.

Anyway...we're always grateful for your contributions, Leomar.

#25 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:07 PM

Greetings Leomar

May be.. it would be good to correct Ascension and bg2Fixpck install order in big world.pdf

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#26 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

Greetings Leomar

May be.. it would be good to correct Ascension and bg2Fixpck install order in big world.pdf

This information is for BG2 Fixpack and Weimer's Ascension and is still correct. But we don't use this scenario anymore, since the new BPv179d is released. Now, we use BP-Ascension and therefore things have changed and this results to the shown installation order of the BWP. ;)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#27 -DarkWon-

-DarkWon-

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:13 AM

Tougher Illasera works flawlessly.

/edit
As noted elsewhere, Fixpack changes player1.dlg such that Ascension's slayer-change dialogue is squashed, meaning that the slayer forms will no longer upgrade. The change that Fixpack makes is borderline cosmetic, so the easiest solution is just to apply the following patch to soa-dlg.d:

soa-dlg.d	2008-01-21 10 linenums:23'>--- soa-dlg.d	2008-01-21 10:23:43.125000000 +0930
+++ soa-dlg.d.new	2009-02-27 17:54:49.244000000 +0930
@@ -800,16 +800,6 @@
 REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT PIRCOR05
 ~AddXPObject(Player6,2250)~ ~AddXPObject(Player6,2250) EscapeArea()~

-REPLACE PLAYER1
-  IF WEIGHT #8 ~Global("Slayer10","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 27 SAY #55324
-    IF ~~ THEN REPLY #55326 DO ~SetGlobal("Slayer10","GLOBAL",0)~ EXIT
-    IF ~~ THEN REPLY #55325 DO ~SetGlobal("Slayer10","GLOBAL",2)
-                                SetGlobalTimer("TheSlayerTimer","GLOBAL",60)
-                                ReputationInc(-2)
-                                ApplySpell(Player1,SLAYER_CHANGE_TWO)~ EXIT
-  END
-END
-
 // removes Desharik XP exploit along with cut41f changes
 REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT ~ppdesh~ ~AddXPObject(Player[1-6],38500)~ ~~[/codebox]

//edit
And then apply this patch to setup-bg2fixpack.tp2:

[codebox]--- setup-bg2fixpack.tp2	2009-02-20 10:23:08.411800000 +0930
+++ setup-bg2fixpack.tp2.new	2009-02-27 17:06:10.339000000 +0930
@@ -1997,6 +1997,24 @@

END

+ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ravager.cre~ THEN BEGIN
+
+  <<<<<<<<inlined/slaydlg.d
+  REPLACE PLAYER1
+    IF WEIGHT #8 ~Global("Slayer10","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 27 SAY #55324
+      IF ~~ THEN REPLY #55326 DO ~SetGlobal("Slayer10","GLOBAL",0)~ EXIT
+      IF ~~ THEN REPLY #55325 DO ~SetGlobal("Slayer10","GLOBAL",2)
+                                  SetGlobalTimer("TheSlayerTimer","GLOBAL",60)
+                                  ReputationInc(-2)
+                                  ApplySpell(Player1,SLAYER_CHANGE_TWO)~ EXIT
+    END
+  END
+  >>>>>>>>
+
+  COMPILE ~inlined/slaydlg.d~
+
+END
+
 /////                                                  \\\\\
 ///// dialogue fixes                                   \\\\\
 /////                                                  \\\\\

This way, Fixpack's behaviour will only change if Ascension is installed.

///edit
Yeah, I've tested this now, and it works. Yay.

Hey, sorry to be a pain but how do we actually implement this patch? Put it in an empty text document, save it as .tp2 and then make an .exe file to run it??

Sorry, I don't have much clue about scripting.

#28 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hey, sorry to be a pain but how do we actually implement this patch? Put it in an empty text document, save it as .tp2 and then make an .exe file to run it??

Just like all the other BWP Fixpacks fixes, you install the fixpack after you have extracted all the mods to the game folder. Extracted, as in unpacked, but not installed. And then you install the mods. The best option is to use the BWS.

Or the other option is of course to install the fixpack and then copy the made .tp2 file, and save it somewhere, so others can download it from there and then replace the tp2 in the ascension mod.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 July 2011 - 05:48 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.