zj1985
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for answer!

#22 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

I'd just like to report an(other) itsy-bitsy error with BWP Fixpack. The patch for setup-tb#tweaks.tp2 is never gets used, because the fixpack tries to apply it to tb#tweaks.tp2 instead of setup-tb#tweaks.tp2. You'll need to rename the patch so that it begins with "setup-"

/edit
The same problem exists with the patch for setup-kelsey.tp2, since the patch is named "kelsey.tp2.patch". It needs to begin with "setup-"

//edit
Also, hunk #2 of setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2.patch fails, since it's trying to remove the line "VERSION ~v7~". This line doesn't exist.

Edited by jon-eli, 20 March 2009 - 02:07 AM.

#23 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

I'd just like to report an(other) itsy-bitsy error with BWP Fixpack. The patch for setup-tb#tweaks.tp2 is never gets used, because the fixpack tries to apply it to tb#tweaks.tp2 instead of setup-tb#tweaks.tp2. You'll need to rename the patch so that it begins with "setup-"

/edit
The same problem exists with the patch for setup-kelsey.tp2, since the patch is named "kelsey.tp2.patch". It needs to begin with "setup-"

//edit
Also, hunk #2 of setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2.patch fails, since it's trying to remove the line "VERSION ~v7~". This line doesn't exist.

Thank you for checking the BW Fixpack, but all your shown points are wrong. Not every mod has a setup- before the mod.tp2, so in this case the patches for tb#tweaks.tp2 and kelsey.tp2 are right. You can crosscheck with the mods. And the line "VERSION ~v7~" exist in the setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2. Look here and crosscheck with the mod:

BACKUP ~BG2_Tweaks/backup~ // location to store files for
AUTHOR ~webmaster@gibberlings3.net~ // email address displayed if install fails

/* unique combos as of v3:
SoA:  2^57 * 3^12 * 4^3 * 5^1 =	24,508,390,293,190,694,550,896,640
ToB:  2^61 * 3^12 * 4^3 * 5^1 =   392,134,244,691,051,112,814,346,240
Tutu: 2^51 * 3^12 * 4^3	   =		76,588,719,666,220,920,471,552
BGT:  2^63 * 3^12 * 4^3 * 5^1 = 1,568,536,978,764,204,451,257,384,960
*/

VERSION ~v7~

README ~bg2_tweaks/readme-bg2tweaks.html~

ALLOW_MISSING

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#24 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

Not every mod has a setup- before the mod.tp2, so in this case the patches for tb#tweaks.tp2 and kelsey.tp2 are right. You can crosscheck with the mods.

And the line "VERSION ~v7~" exist in the setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2. Look here and crosscheck with the mod:

Sorry about that one! I really, truly, honestly was totally sure that I was using out-of-the-box versions of those mods... But I crosschecked and it turns out I've made a whole bunch of changes that I don't even remember making. That's why the patches were failing on my system. Very embarrassing.

Sorry for being a bother.

#25 Killua

Killua
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

I can not install Xulaye NPC MOD successfully, maybe we need a patched tp2 file to make it as this thread said:
http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=440374

#26 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

I can not install Xulaye NPC MOD successfully, maybe we need a patched tp2 file to make it as this thread said:
http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=440374

I think the problem there is that the override has been biffed. I'm pretty certain that's what problem they're having. The code used in Xulaye is:
REQUIRE_FILE ~override/cdbehbla.pro~ ~You must have the BGII Fixpack installed. Please install it before installing Xulaye.~
Unfortunately, this will fail if BG2 Fixpack resources have been shifted into the data directory. Also unfortunately, BWP Fixpack really has nothing to do here, since setup-mid_biff.exe is not run until after Xulaye, meaning that it isn't a BWP issue, it's something else. [EDIT: Actually, can someone tell me if BGT biffs all the files in the override? If it does, then this is certainly something BWP Fixpack might concern itself with fixing.]

The code in Xulaye should really be replaced with:
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~cdbehbla.pro~) ~BG2 Fixpack must be installed.~
... so that it won't fail after biffing. But I suspect this isn't the problem you're having. What's the nature of your installation failure? What error message do you get?

Edited by jon-eli, 21 March 2009 - 11:05 PM.

#27 Killua

Killua
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

to:jon-eli

Thanks your reply. Here is the install log of Xulaye MOD. And I do not use mid_biff at the middle of installation.

Attached Files

#28 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:49 AM

Thanks your reply. Here is the install log of Xulaye MOD. And I do not use mid_biff at the middle of installation.

I'm pretty sure this is a biffing problem. BGT biffs the override after BG2 Fixpack has been installed, so the standard marker (cdbehbla.pro) for a fixpacked install does a disappearing trick, which Xulaye cannot detect because it is coded funny.

For the moment, all that can really be done is to edit out the mentioned line in the TP2 and run setup-xulaye.exe again. Or alternatively, run:
Setup-xulaye.exe --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 0 1 2 --continue
... from the game directory. This too should work, since I think a failed REQUIRE_FILE counts as an action error.

#29 abbatik

abbatik
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:20 AM

Hi all

Please, who can upload or give the link on mod - Moongaze's Kari NPC v1?   :Bow:

#30 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:38 AM

Please, who can upload or give the link on mod - Moongaze's Kari NPC v1?   :Bow:

Give this a try: http://www.3ddownloa...s/Kariv1-3b.rar

#31 abbatik

abbatik
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

Thanks jon-eli   :cheers:
The small question, is last existing version?
That is - 14.13 Moongaze's Kari NPC v1 ? :woot:

#32 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:56 AM

It should be. The download link was posted at Chosen of Mystra in 2005, and that post hasn't been edited since then. I'm guessing that work has ceased on the Kari mod.

#33 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm pretty sure this is a biffing problem. BGT biffs the override after BG2 Fixpack has been installed, so the standard marker (cdbehbla.pro) for a fixpacked install does a disappearing trick, which Xulaye cannot detect because it is coded funny.

For the moment, all that can really be done is to edit out the mentioned line in the TP2 and run setup-xulaye.exe again. Or alternatively, run:
Setup-xulaye.exe --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 0 1 2 --continue
... from the game directory. This too should work, since I think a failed REQUIRE_FILE counts as an action error.

jon-eli, thanks for your support. :)

%IFS%Xulaye%IFIF%NEJ2.exe copy /Y ".\NeJ2\NEJ-BIFF\override\cdbehbla.pro" ".\override" | %M%
%IFS%xulaye%S%xulaye%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 | %M%
Like you see, we made this hotfix with the Install.bat, but you can see too, that we thought that this was caused in combination with NeJ2, but with Killua's link we know now, that this is a general Xulaye problem in combination with BGT. We want to change that in this way:

%IFS%BGT%IFIF%xulaye.exe %IF% ".\override\cdbehbla.pro" copy ".\override\cdbehbla.pro" ".\BiG World Fixpack\_temp\override" | %M% 
%.%
%IFS%BGT%MODG1%	 Wenn Euer Ordner Baldur's Gate nicht im vorgegebenen Verzeichnis zu finden
%IFS%BGT%MODG1%	 ist, bleibt das Programm stehen und Ihr seht unten links nur die blinkende
%IFS%BGT%MODG1%	 Schreibmarke. Schreibt dann den Pfad fr Euer Spiel Baldur's Gate 1.
%IFS%BGT%MODG1%	 Voreingestellt ist:
%IFS%xulaye%IFIF%BGT.exe %IF% ".\BiG World Fixpack\_temp\override\cdbehbla.pro" copy ".\BiG World Fixpack\_temp\override\cdbehbla.pro" ".\override" | %M%
We copy before the BGT mod the file cdbehbla.pro to a temp folder and bring it back before the installation of Xulaye.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#34 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

It should be. The download link was posted at Chosen of Mystra in 2005, and that post hasn't been edited since then. I'm guessing that work has ceased on the Kari mod.

No, that is an older version we not support with the BWP anymore. Moongaze has revised Kari and released it anew as "Moongaze's Kari v1". Moongaze has removed this newer version from the net, like he has done with the newer versions of Selune's Armoury and Wikaede Revisited.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 22 March 2009 - 05:51 PM.

- Chevalier

#35 jon-eli

jon-eli
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

jon-eli, thanks for your support.  :)

Just giving back to the community what I took from it.

%IFS%xulaye%IFIF%BGT.exe %IF% ".\BiG World Fixpack\_temp\override\cdbehbla.pro" copy ".\BiG World Fixpack\_temp\override\cdbehbla.pro" ".\override" | %M%
We copy before the BGT mod the file cdbehbla.pro to a temp folder and bring it back before the installation of Xulaye.

I'd bring it back earlier rather than later. In the future, when more mods get added to BWP, there's a chance this problem might crop up with those new additions. So I'd dump cdbehbla.pro into the override as early as possible.

No, that is an older version we not support with the BWP anymore.

That's a pity. I hate it when things disappear from the net.

#36 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Hi, everybody :)

I am so proud that I see BWP reaching another level ... it's becoming exponantially Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and many thanks to all members of this great community that lead BWP to a happy long adventure
Keep it BIG ... :cheers:

#37 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

I'd bring it back earlier rather than later. In the future, when more mods get added to BWP, there's a chance this problem might crop up with those new additions. So I'd dump cdbehbla.pro into the override as early as possible.

I think we fix it better with the BW Fixpack like K'aeloree described it until a new Xulaye NPC version comes out:

Open xulaye/xulaye.tp2 in Notepad (or another text editor), and remove this line:

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/cdbehbla.pro~ ~You must have the BGII Fixpack installed. Please install it before installing Xulaye.~

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#38 Bright Nex

Bright Nex
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

I just want to say a big thankyou to Leomar and all involved for all their efforts on the BWP. Keep it up :cheers:

#39 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Hi everyone
I tried today to install the new version of BWP but i failed to install The Stone of Askavar v1.3 and i am wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
i got this error

Copying and patching 1 file ...
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD5\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD4\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD3\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD2\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD1\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
[c:\games\bg2\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF] 838440 bytes, 420 files, 0 tilesets
FAILURE:
Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [worldmap.wmp] -> [Override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)"))

ERROR Installing [The Stone of Askavar Version 1.3], rolling back to previou

Attached Files

Edited by Altomar, 28 March 2009 - 12:35 PM.

#40 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:40 PM

Hi everyone
I tried today to install the new version of BWP but i failed to install The Stone of Askavar v1.3 and i am wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
i got this error

Copying and patching 1 file ...
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD5\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD4\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD3\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\CD1\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [c:\games\bg2\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
[c:\games\bg2\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF] 838440 bytes, 420 files, 0 tilesets
FAILURE:
Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)
ERROR: [worldmap.wmp] -> [Override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)"))

ERROR Installing [The Stone of Askavar Version 1.3], rolling back to previou

Did you use the Install.bat?

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier