162 replies to this topic

#41 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

Updated News

14.46. Xulaye NPC v1

You must do the following, if you want to install this mod with BGT:
Open in the xulaye folder the xulaye.tp2 with Notepad (or another text editor), and remove line 16:

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/cdbehbla.pro~ ~You must have the BGII Fixpack installed. Please install it before installing Xulaye.~

Greetings Leomar

Added Xulaye NPC to the Updated News.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 28 March 2009 - 07:37 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#42 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:30 AM

Did you use the Install.bat?

Greetings Leomar

no , i did a manual installation but i dont think  that i did something wrong. i will try this time by using install.bat to see what will happen

#43 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:05 AM

I am also getting the same error with Stone of Askavar. I am also doing an manual install

Attached File  SETUP_SOA.DEBUG   47.67K   227 downloads
Attached File  WeiDU.log   5.85K   219 downloads

Edited by Chevalier, 29 March 2009 - 04:23 AM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#44 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

I am also getting the same error with Stone of Askavar. I am also doing an manual install

Attached File  SETUP_SOA.DEBUG   47.67K   227 downloads
Attached File  WeiDU.log   5.85K   219 downloads

Harsh, I see that we have forgot to mention it in the english guide.
Stone of Askavar has the same problem like Drizzt Saga:

To be able to install Drizzt Saga, you must copy the file worldmap.wmp immediately before installation
of the mod from the folder BiG World Fixpack into the override folder.
Because this patch cannot be installed before, this will not be done by the BiG World Fixpack.bat,
but the BiG World Install.bat.

We made the hotfix with the Install.bat and if you do a manually installation of SoA you cannot install it without the hotfix. This you can find in the Install.bat:

%IFS%soa%IFNIF%drizztsaga.exe copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_override\worldmap\*.*" ".\override" | %M%
%IFS%soa%S%soa%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
We'll get in contact with the modauthor to solve this problem, like it should be.

And Chevalier I hope you have used the BiG World Fixpack, because for Ascension you need it.

By the way, more hotfixes are used with the Install.bat. If you do a manually installation it could be a good idea to crosscheck for the case if we have fogotten another description in the english manual. :(

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 29 March 2009 - 07:05 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#45 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Updated News

22.11. Yikari NPC v1.3

The filenames changed with the new modversion and three new components were added, so you must do the following in the Install.bat:

Change in line 1377 sdnpc to Yikari:

%IFS%Yikari%MOD%Yikari
Change in line 1719 sdnpc to Yikari:
%IFNS%Yikari%MOD%Yikari
Change in line 3323 sdnpc to Yikari:
%IFNS%Yikari%DEB%Yikari
Delete the line 2627 and add the following:
%IFS%Yikari%S%Yikari%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
%IFS%Yikari%IFIF%ItemUpgrade%S%Yikari%L%0%SK% 1 2 --logapp | %M%
%IFTS%Yikari%IFIF%Tactics%S%Yikari%L%0%SK% 3 --logapp | %M%

Added Yikari NPC to the Updated News.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#46 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

Yep, That worked! And yes I do use your great fixpack!

Thanks Leomar and the whole BWP team!!! You guys do great work!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#47 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

16.6. Banter Pack v9

Install Component 3 [Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)]
[N]ot Install

Why do you have this component as a Not install? You need to install this Banter Accelerator if you want to speed up the the banters in ToB. The game sees BG1 & BG2 as one game and sees ToB as a different game, so only one banter accelerator (BG1NPC, BanterPack, or IEP) for BG1 & 2 and another one for ToB.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#48 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

16.6. Banter Pack v9

Install Component 3 [Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)]
[N]ot Install

Why do you have this component as a Not install? You need to install this Banter Accelerator if you want to speed up the the banters in ToB. The game sees BG1 & BG2 as one game and sees ToB as a different game, so only one banter accelerator (BG1NPC, BanterPack, or IEP) for BG1 & 2 and another one for ToB.

If you look through the guide, so you see we install no SoA banter-accelerater, too. The BWP or your choosen mods add so much to BG, that we don't want to install the banter-accelerator as standard, otherwise all banters finished to early. If you are a fast gamer or want that the banters show up faster, then you can install the SoA and the ToB banter-accelerator without problems. :)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 30 March 2009 - 09:02 PM.

- Chevalier

#49 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

Hi all,
I am using a version of BWP that was installed from the beginning of January but are the mods were pretty current. Its possible there is a conflict between Saerelith and SCSII and Watcher's Keep. Scouring the forums there wasn't an answer for this, so hope its the right place to post. Here it goes:

1)Once the party leaves the elves from the underdark exit, they bump into Drizzt and company. (I thought that was removed when you have ROT installed?)

2)A messenger for Saerelith shows up and the party is brought to WK. (Have not visited the area before)- I was able to make a save here.

3)On entry to WK map party appears in bottom left corner and sees Kesevar the fallen.

4)Immediately party is transported to the stairs of WK, Saerelith talks about marriage, party gets lots of xp.

5)Again, party is immediately transported to the east side of the map, Kesevar walks up says something and thats it. The quest won't start (he just stays blue and repeats his line).

6)Then when making a save I see it is saving as a TOB game save, and I can't reload a BG2 game without quitting.

So something is messing up the globals with Saerelith and then moving the game to TOB (and transporting three times on that map). The only mods that touched WK are Saerelith and SCSII correct?

Also when leaving the underdark, the narration and text for the new chapter (chapter 6) was missing. There was just a picture of the drow fighting the elf. Otherwise the meeting with the elves etc. was ok.

Edit:

Sorry, this was from SCSII "make Watcher's Keep accessible" component which was starting a new TOB game. The updated guide mentions this now.

Edited by maximus2001, 17 April 2009 - 10:33 PM.

#50 -robb_force-

-robb_force-

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

I did a minimal install of the mega-mod and the install.bat halted at one spot with a prompt. I don't think it's a big deal, but here's the output from the debug log:

Installing [Romance Cheats]
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

Remove racial requirements for romances? (Select a or b)
  a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Romance Cheats], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   2 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] component 3183.
Uninstalled	  2 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] component 3183.
ERROR: End_of_file
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.DEBUG to webmaster@gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Romance Cheats] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Romance Cheats
[Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] WeiDU version 21000
[Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

#51 -Galwail-

-Galwail-

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

Which version of Spell Revisions should I use? The pdf instructions recommends v2.9, but the bat installer works with v2.

[codebox]%IFES%spell_rev%S%spell_rev%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 | %M%
%IFGS%spell_rev%S%spell_rev%L%1%SK% 0 1 2 3 | %M%[/codebox]

#52 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:27 AM

Which version of Spell Revisions should I use? The pdf instructions recommends v2.9, but the bat installer works with v2.

I would use the recommended one(v2.9), cause there will be bugs in the v2.0 that aren't taken care of by the BWP... and the hot fixes.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 31 March 2009 - 01:28 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#53 rapidshot

rapidshot
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

I did a minimal install of the mega-mod and the install.bat halted at one spot with a prompt. I don't think it's a big deal, but here's the output from the debug log:

Installing [Romance Cheats]
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes

ERROR Installing [Romance Cheats], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   2 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] component 3183.
Uninstalled	  2 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] component 3183.
ERROR: End_of_file
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.DEBUG to webmaster@gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Romance Cheats] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Romance Cheats
[Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] WeiDU version 21000
[Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

I had the same problem like robb_force's.Here is my WeiDu.log and BWP debug file.

Attached Files

#54 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

Hello,

I want to make a small notice about a possible confusion amongst BWP players:

http://kerzenburg.ni...ead.php?t=34931 :

00.05. BG1 Missing Files v2 [DEU/ENG]
Homepage: http://kerzenburg.ni....hp?t=37727#Was
Add DEU: http://www.shsforums....=post&id=15887
Add ENG: http://www.shsforums....=post&id=15886
DEU: Nach Benutzung des BG1 Patches, entpackt das Paket ins BG1 Verzeichnis, um Dateien wieder herzustellen.
ENG: After you executed the BG1 Patch, extract this package into the BG1 "Override" folder to restore the files.

BiG_World_v6.0_english.pdf :

By the BioWare BG1 Patch some BG1 files are deleted. In order to repair this again, you need to
download after patching the "BG1 MISSING files" and unpack them in the BG1 main"Override" directory.

If i unpack BG1MissingFiles_ENG_.7z I get BG1MissingFiles_ENG_ folder which contains the 26 *.wav's. Here will be ok if the *.wav's were in a folder named "Override".

In here is all fine :
BiG World Install v6.bat :
SET BGO="Baldur's Gate\Override\
%BGO%ERROR01.wav"
%BGO%ERROR02.wav"
%BGO%ERROR03.wav"
%BGO%ERROR04.wav"
%BGO%ERROR05.wav"
%BGO%ERROR06.wav"
%BGO%ERROR07.wav"
%BGO%ERROR08.wav"
%BGO%ERROR09.wav"
%BGO%ERROR10.wav"
%BGO%ERROR11.wav"
%BGO%ERROR12.wav"
%BGO%ERROR13.wav"
%BGO%ERROR14.wav"
%BGO%ERROR15.wav"
%BGO%ERROR16.wav"
%BGO%ERROR17.wav"
%BGO%ERROR18.wav"
%BGO%INTRO01.wav"
%BGO%INTRO01F.wav"
%BGO%INTRO02.wav"
%BGO%INTRO02F.wav"
%BGO%INTRO03.wav"
%BGO%INTROADD.wav"
%BGO%TSCNA01.wav"
%BGO%Tscna02.wav"

Edited by neutrowave, 31 March 2009 - 09:14 AM.

#55 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:41 AM

Another bug for your great FixPack to fix.

FR_ROV has a bug that shows up when you install FR_ROV with Lost Crossroads Spell Pack. This bug might not effect game play with FR_ROV alone. More info here with a link to a fixed file.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#56 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:18 AM

More for your FixPack to fix. There is a conflict with installing both gMinion and BPSeries. BPSeries will install an older version of gMinion that I think over writes the newer version. gMinionC in the current version has some real problems, but the older version in BPSeries works.

From gMinion.tp2:
COMPILE ~gminion/build1.8/baf/gMinionM.baf~

END

COMPILE ~gminion\build1.8\baf\gMinionR.baf~
COMPILE ~gminion\build1.8\baf\gMinionS.baf~
//COMPILE ~gminion\build1.8\baf\gMinionC.baf~  // deprecated for this version while I work on a new method for assigning scripts to clones

From BPSeries.tp2:
// Compile .bcs Files
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionM.baf~
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionR.baf~
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf~
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionC.baf~

How I fix BPSeries.tp2:
// Compile .bcs Files
//COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionM.baf~
//COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionR.baf~
//COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf~
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionC.baf~

This way the newer gMinion works & is not overwritten and the older working version gMinionC is installed.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#57 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:37 AM

While do a manual install, I tried to install Turnabout v1 component 'Ascension: Turnabout', but it would not install. It said that Ascension was not installed. I installed Ascension per below:

~SETUP-A6XPPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Correct reporting of experience (EXE patch)
~SETUP-A6XPPATCH.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remove 110% scaling of some experience (EXE patch)
~SETUP-A6CHARMPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (EXE patch)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8 BWP patch
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8 BWP patch

The Turnabout.tp2 is looking for finbodh.dlg which is not in my override folder. I did not Midbiff. I wonder if some mod (like BP which I installed without 'Ascension for BP', but BP might have biffed it anyways?) biffed it or was it installing Ascension before the BG2FixPack that changed things? Should the check be removed?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#58 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

@Chevalier
I got this info from the german forum:
BGT biffs at the end of its installation. In order to install Turnabout in the current version of BiG-World you'll either have to remove or comment out the following line from the setup-turnabout.tp2:

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/finbodh.dlg~ ~You do not appear to have Ascension installed.~

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#59 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

Updated News

13.32. Konalan's Tweaks v1.4

The new version has changed component numbers. Now, "Rod of Refuge" is component 10 and "Butter Knife of Balduran" is component 11. If you want to install these items with the Install.bat you must delete number 9 and add number 11, like you can see here:

%IFS%KonTwk%S%KonTwk%L%0%SK% 10 11 | %M%

Greetings Leomar

- Chevalier

#60 -VadeRetro-

-VadeRetro-

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

Hello all,

I have to admit I am very surprised with the amount of work that has been put into these games since I played them last time (which was some 8 years ago)! Great, and congratulations!

I've noticed from some posts here people have that tendency to play BG on some frequent basis - biyearly, maybe; I smiled, because I play Planescape: Torment like that. It just shows how much it means to us... or that there is lack of good new games out there. (Both, probably.)

Now, I've read this topic, then some stickies, then some of the posts, then manual, and I have couple of questions, which - hopefully! - you won't mind. I didn't install a single mod in BG(2) ever, so I hope you will answer.

All right, after I install BG1 + ToSC+patch, then BG2+ToB+patch (and carefully follow all the instructions), did I understand correctly that I put all the mods (both for BG1 and BG2) into BG2:ToB right? That is what kind of confused me - regardless of game, all mods go into BG2 main folder?

If I understood correctly, I can choose which mods I can install from this pageBWP, as long as I install them in correct order. Right?

If so, let's move onto one very important thing - I'd love to have game as hard as possible, so the mods marked as orange are orange because they will make game harder, not because they will cause bugs/ctds?

If I understood everything correctly, I will start installing soon then, and really enjoy cherry-picking which green and orange mods to install. :)

Thanks in advance and best regards!