• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 01:27 AM

Firstly, this is not a romance. Let me make that clear. For anyone confused, please pull out the dictionary.

This mod is an attempt to flesh out Imoen as a character, to give her the depth the romances had. She's your half-sister, but you never get any sense of a true bond, nothing that would show you grew up together. I intend to change that.

This mod is not only about depth, but also choice. This will not be on the rails, some forced, so called "development." No, you will be free to do as you wish, to influence the relationship however you want.

If Imoen comes to you with a problem, you could hear her out, guess what she's going to say, break her nose, kiss her on the lips, comment on the weather... there will be no "right" way, no pre-determined path. You won't have to say something nice to have her keep talking. How you treat Imoen is up to you.

That's not to say what you say will always have the desired result. Mock her, and she might think you're just joking. Hit her, and perhaps she had some contingency you didn't know about. Listen to her story and you might find your purse has vanished by the end of it. She has a mind of her own.

I have one job in this mod. I do not force you in any direction, take out an action because I don't think it's right. I will not judge anything you wish to do. I exist merely to write the consequences of any action you take, to provide Imoen with a voice in the game. You can say and do as you wish, but Imoen will say and do as she wishes too.

The mod will not make plot changes. If the plot shifts, for example, Irenicus joined you. Fine, it shifted direction. However, I do not like elements, such as removing references to Imoen being your half-sister. That, in my opinion, is sloppy. I will work within the constraints of the plot as it stands.

Seeing as how Imoen has a mind of her own, she will start chats with you. Sometimes event driven, other times because she feels like it. There won't be any of this one, I can set my watch by it, hour nonsense.

Conversely, you have a mind of your own. Maybe you don't want to wait for Imoen? Perhaps there's something you'd like to talk to her about? To this end, you will be free to initiate conversations with her.

Effectively, you will be free to do as you please. Break her mind, chat her up, or merely discuss the simpler days.

You pick the options, but I write the consequences.

#2 Midnyte

Midnyte

Chloe's Midnyte Snack

• 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 01:39 AM

Thumbs up!! :D Really sounds promising.
Beta Tester for <a href=http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php>The Chloe Romance Project!</a>

"Sorry, you're not being vague enough for me. Do you think you could be any less specific?" -- Ryudo, Grandia.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 July 2002 - 04:49 AM

Hi,

Will this mod be compatible with the Chloe mod ? It sounds like there are possibilities for the two to work together ?

For example, Imoen may initially find the idea of a female in love with her difficult to understand. She could perhaps express her feelings in this with the PC and ask for advice / opinions ?

#4 INeedTheNetInMyRoom

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Forum Blabbermouth

• 86 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 09:13 PM

This still sounds good Quitch. BTW, if there is another incest arguement, would whoever starts it please show the courtesy of opening a new thread.
I'm not crazy... at least thats what those voices I keep hearing tell me.

You say I'm a pyro like its a BAD thing

#5 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 03:38 AM

It should be pointed out that those interested in this mod should get Return to Windspear. This is because:

a) I'm writing most of the dialogue, so you'll get an idea of what I do.

B) Imoen is... involved. You'll have to play it for more detail.

#6 INeedTheNetInMyRoom

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Forum Blabbermouth

• 86 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 08:18 AM

Okay, this should be interesting. Gives me another reason to download!

#7 Loké

Loké
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 11:23 AM

This still sounds good Quitch. BTW, if there is another incest arguement, would whoever starts it please show the courtesy of opening a new thread.

well i'm not gonig to bother making a new thread. i just want to say this: I think players should have a choice. me, i don't really care. I just think that the option should be there, and not kept out because 'oooh, its wrong' piffle.

... I'm starting to sound a bit like *you* Quitch.
.......ok, so when you'v been hit by sevteen horse tranqs and feeling high and just genrally not in the mood for scathing insults.. but still... :P
Raaar!

#8 xdv

xdv
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2002 - 12:50 PM

Maybe Imoen will change alignment to CN or better NE... I really hope so anyway ;)

#9 Daemon

Daemon
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 12:59 PM

about the incest thing its not incest because Bhaal possesed a body and then had sex.the body possesing thing can be read about in the avatar trilogy novels.so unless he happend to be in the same body when he impregnated that priestess as when he nocked up imoens mom it aint incest. at least thats the way i see things

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 August 2002 - 12:58 AM

So how does this mod go?
Any progress?
If you are too busy with RtWS, ignore this question.
But weekly updates will be nice. :)

#11 -Nuadhu-

-Nuadhu-

Posted 25 August 2002 - 11:04 AM

erm .. were can i download ?!

#12 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 11:10 AM

I'm afraid that until Return to Windspear is released, progress on this mod will be slow. The second RtW is out though I will dedicate all my time to this.

Fear not, I'll keep you informed.

Sorry for this board getting your hopes up so early, but I needed to get questions like layout and style out of the way before the mod began.

On the up side, Return to Windspear will have something to sate your Imoen needs.

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 August 2002 - 11:41 AM

help .. please .. where can i download the file(s) .. anywhere in this board or where ?? same question for other mods from this board ...

#14 mobius327

mobius327
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 05:23 PM

Except for Tashia, I dont think any of these mods are publically availible yet.

Here is the tashia website: http://www3.sympatico.ca/sentinelsx/

#15 Teno20

Teno20

Many-as-One

• 40 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 11:37 PM

about the incest thing its not incest because Bhaal possesed a body and then had sex.the body possesing thing can be read about in the avatar trilogy novels.so unless he happend to be in the same body when he impregnated that priestess as when he nocked up imoens mom it aint incest. at least thats the way i see things

Why is it that whenever I have an idea, or realise something, it's already been said and/or done.
Posted Image

#16 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 11:35 AM

But when within the avatar, he was still Bhaal, therefore there was still some element of him within every avatar.

The question everyone argues over is whether this is enough...

#17 -Windmach-

-Windmach-

Posted 24 September 2002 - 01:37 PM

so hows progress on this Mod coming? Is it gunna be released anytime soon?

#18 INeedTheNetInMyRoom

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Forum Blabbermouth

• 86 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 01:41 PM

We are going to have to wait until the Return to Windspear MOD is finished, because that is what Quitch is doing right now.

#19 chevalier des Trois-Tours

chevalier des Trois-Tours

Just a paladin

• 244 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 09:00 AM

But when within the avatar, he was still Bhaal, therefore there was still some element of him within every avatar.

You couldn't be more right, Quitch. And this is the whole fun, I bet. While biologically not incest, there is a touch of incest to it... She's more than a sister sharing the Taint. Don't tell me people that this is not one of the main reasons you want the romance option. Myself included although I'd rather read the dialogue to have some psychological fun then act like an incestor (not yet decided :)) to get it.
In the year of Our Lord two thousand and second at the seventh day of December the saint Ganeo did from heaven descend and unto the noble lord Lucas such he spoke words, lowering the holy arm in which he held the chalice: 'Pious paladin and beloved son of mine. Take ye the very chalice and upon his flowing streams found ye this noble order'. This said, the saint extended the holy arm in which he held the chalice and bade him drink. When the noble lord Lucas received the last drop, the saint raised the holy arm in which he held the chalice and blessed the order.

[frater Dormitius 'De illustribus conditoribus ordinis equestris sancti Ganeonis']

#20 Niz

Niz

Osprey's Demon Wizard Brat

• 232 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 05:59 AM

You couldn't be more right, Quitch. And this is the whole fun, I bet. While biologically not incest, there is a touch of incest to it... She's more than a sister sharing the Taint. Don't tell me people that this is not one of the main reasons you want the romance option. Myself included although I'd rather read the dialogue to have some psychological fun then act like an incestor (not yet decided :)) to get it.

The real thing to keep in mind is that the PC is raised with Imoen close by, that view of her later changed to her being a sister, so there's very little chance of the PC feeling like starting a romance with her methinks.

Well maybe an evil character might want to give it a try :D