• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 07:33 AM

Since the player is the PC, and many players express an interest in Imoen as a romance possibility I would say you are wrong. The only side I am able to shape is Imoen, not the player.

#22 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 08:35 AM

Since the player is the PC, and many players express an interest in Imoen as a romance possibility I would say you are wrong. The only side I am able to shape is Imoen, not the player.

Do you mean each player will get to write the PC's side of the dialogue? That IS a nice touch.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#23 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 09:10 AM

Yes, thank you for that. As I'm sure even a child could have realised, I meant that I will not be shaping the path of the PC, nor telling them what is right and wrong, nor how they feel. It will be as open as I can make it, with no locked doors with a note from Quitch saying to try a different way.

#24 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 09:27 AM

Actually, a little child did point that out to me, just before I read your reply. So embarrassing...

What I should have said is, if you're writing the PC's half of the relationship as well, I find your assertion, that "the player is the PC", to be .... curious.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#25 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 02:37 PM

It is the player who makes the decision of which path to follow, in what way they wish to try and develop their relationship. Therefore the player is the PC. Like anyone else, they have things beyond their control.

#26 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 03:27 PM

OK. IMO for this to work well within the framework of BG II, it's going to have to be a strong story-telling mod; one of several alternate stories of the relationship between the PC and Imoen. To get the most out of each possible story line, I'd think you'd want to take the PC very firmly in hand in each case - not to prescribe actions for the player but to allow the PC to evolve some also in the relationship. Otherwise, it could turn out to be a case of the PC observing Imoen's story.

You seem to want to distance yourself from the PC somehow and that's a different matter than distancing yourself from the players. The PC should be half your story and therefore "yours" in a very real sense.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#27 Niz

Niz

Osprey's Demon Wizard Brat

• 232 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 04:10 PM

True Hendryk but what I think Quitch is trying to say is that you won't have to choose between good, neutral and evil answers like in many of the standard bioware dialogs with an immediate effect of "stop this conversation and all that might have followed". Just a little more flexible, being able to choose one evil way and not being forced into always being evil thereafter.
That's what I think anyway ;)

#28 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 05:15 PM

Fair enough. I just wouldn't like to see the PC left out of the mod except insofar as Imoen needs a straight man.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#29 -Blucher-

-Blucher-

Posted 29 December 2002 - 06:43 PM

You couldn't be more right, Quitch. And this is the whole fun, I bet. While biologically not incest, there is a touch of incest to it... She's more than a sister sharing the Taint. Don't tell me people that this is not one of the main reasons you want the romance option. Myself included

Hey, speak for yourself. :)

I was bummed to find out Imoen was the PCs sister. My aborted Imoen Mod was going to remove that 'fact' entirely (making her a Child of Mask instead) just so I could make an Imoen romance.

I don't think Quitch is planing on any such change, making the the idea of romancing her like, um, kissing your sister. <_<

#30 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 01:05 AM

Well maybe an evil character might want to give it a try   <_<

I can understand why many may question the opportunity of a romance, anyway this
has to do with habits, education, culture.
But why on earth a PC, raised in Candlekeep with Imoen, without even knowing she was
his (half)sister
, has to be EVIL to fall in love with her?
(Evilness/Love is an almost oxymoron, actually....)
Nobody here ever felt something for a girl who happened to be a friend?

Maybe you're speaking about straight sex? :)

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#31 chevalier des Trois-Tours

chevalier des Trois-Tours

Just a paladin

• 244 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:43 PM

Well maybe an evil character might want to give it a try   <_<

I can understand why many may question the opportunity of a romance, anyway this
has to do with habits, education, culture.
But why on earth a PC, raised in Candlekeep with Imoen, without even knowing she was
his (half)sister
, has to be EVIL to fall in love with her?
(Evilness/Love is an almost oxymoron, actually....)
Nobody here ever felt something for a girl who happened to be a friend?

Maybe you're speaking about straight sex? :)

It's more than possible they fell in love with one another at that time. That wouldn't be evil for sure. Trouble begins when you actually get to know of that.

Evilness/love - yes, quite right. But some amount of evilness and some amount of love is within every human.

My personal views on the subject are not fixed, my character is not really I in BG2. He has a different background, somewhat different personality he may have and generally his life is more eventful and more morbid than mine. As a paladin he's 100% unlikely to engage in physical if they're biological siblings. But if not... Who knows. Or would anyone be able to kill a true love within himself if it out of the blue turns out the soulmate is a sibling?

Another point is that Gorion had something to say about their upbringing. I suppose he would treat them as siblings if he thought they were. He would realise the love between the two as well and before they do even, being an experienced sage and harper. What about this?
In the year of Our Lord two thousand and second at the seventh day of December the saint Ganeo did from heaven descend and unto the noble lord Lucas such he spoke words, lowering the holy arm in which he held the chalice: 'Pious paladin and beloved son of mine. Take ye the very chalice and upon his flowing streams found ye this noble order'. This said, the saint extended the holy arm in which he held the chalice and bade him drink. When the noble lord Lucas received the last drop, the saint raised the holy arm in which he held the chalice and blessed the order.

[frater Dormitius 'De illustribus conditoribus ordinis equestris sancti Ganeonis']

#32 AG3

AG3
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 09:51 AM

Personally, I think that this is just a game. If it bothers you to romance Imoen, then don't do it. I'm pretty sure Quitch won't force you to.

If it is wrong to sleep with your "sister" in a game, and therefore you should not be able to do so, why can you kill innocent people, and especially children? Isn't that worse?

When Interplay & Black Isle Studios released Fallout 2, the European version was modified so that all the children were removed from the game. In the American version, they were there, and if you killed one, accidentaly or otherwise, you got a childkiller reputation. In the European version, they were removed. Or rather, they were invisible, so you couldn't see them, and you couldn't interact with them or target them with weapons. Too bad you could still kill them with stray explosives...

Anyway, If you want to remove one thing from a game because "it is wrong, gross, unnatural" or whatever, then you might as well make a pink sugary sweet paradise game where the world is a place full of harmony and happy, good and "normal" people, and where nothing bad ever happens.

I'm not saying you MUST have a romance in the Mod because "it COULD happen". But if you decide wether or not to have one, it shouldn't be removed just because some people think it is wrong. I think killing innocents is wrong. Will all innocent bystanders in the Mod be immortal? Probably not.

#33 VorpalStick

VorpalStick

lay-about slacker

• 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 06:57 PM

Well said. If you don't like a feature in a game, then either don't use the feature (after all, look at the bard :) ) or don't play the game.
Who're you calling a terrorist?

#34 Niz

Niz

Osprey's Demon Wizard Brat

• 232 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 05:17 AM

AG3 I think you're the first person here with enough common sense to realise we're still talking about a game. B)

#35 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 April 2003 - 05:37 PM

Will Throne of Bhaal be required to use the Imoen Relationship Mod?

#36 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 12:40 AM

I wouldn't have thought so. I can't say for sure at this time though.

#37 Jerry

Jerry
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 06:52 AM

I... have some problems that maybe you think they're fool. I had saw a lot of discussion of many mods in the web station, but I never find out where can I download these mods. I'm sorry... to...ask... but can you so kind to tell me the answer? Thank you very much. :huh:

#38 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 07:33 AM

You'd need to ask on each forum where their mods are available. In the case of this mod, it isn't available yet.

#39 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:44 AM

WOW. Sucha a philosophic debates about a game... :blink:
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#40 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:38 PM

imo whether you consider imoen your sister is irelivent b/c imoen considers herself your sister and wouldn't sleep with you.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock