339 replies to this topic

#1 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 12:30 PM

You want to know what we're doing? Well here's a quick run-down:

I'm still writing. I'd say about two thirds of the dialogue is in place. We're in short novel territory, and seeing as I am the only writer it takes a while. No other mod comes close in terms of word count. I've actually spent a good portion of this year on WeiDU issues... I think we'll be bringing in someone full time for WeiDU, as our main tester and WeiDU mistress Dyara has had to take a leave of absence due to external factors.

VO is in a bit of a void right now due to the loss of Wynne from the community. Only the boss has a working VO person. We'll rectify this when we get a chance... not urgent right now.

Cuv is currently ensuring all our monsters conform to AD&D Monsterous Manual rules, or come as close as possible. If they can/can't do it in the MM, we make sure it's the same in-game.

All areas (almost every one a new creation) are in place, and monster placement is currently being worked out.

All quests are in place. In some cases the dialogue needs finishing, but the rest is there.

The mod is playable from start to finish, and almost all major dialogue is in place.

Xyx is still working on the AI. We're missing AI for the boss and some of the minor creatures. But the main minions of the dungeon are all working off enhanced AI.

I'm sure the others can chip in where I missed out.

#2 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 12:34 PM

Wow, cool.

If you don't mind me asking, Quitch, what's the priority at the moment? RTW or Imoen Relationship?

Or would you say they're both moving at equal pace?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#3 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 12:40 PM

Return to Windspear is my priority and the only one I currently write for. Imoen Relationship is still planning and experimentation.

Wrote 1000 words at lunchtime for RtW today. Hope to do another 1000 tonight.

#4 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 12:46 PM

Wow, that's dedication. B)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#5 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 01:06 PM

I am going through all of our monsters and making sure they conform to the 2E Monster Manual as close as can be approximated. Where a 2E reference is not listed, I am using 3E. Some are completely new and their stats are approximated from similar creatures.

All of the areas are done. There are 15 new tilesets and a very few re-used areas. I've tried to make them Bioware quality... so hopefully no-one will ever notice that they werent always in the game :P

The only thing that concerns me at the moment is the ending.... we lost two people over the last year that were writing the ending dialog rewards ceremony. All the spells and scripting is mostly finished for this, but we could use a dialog writer for this part to free up my time on finishing up loose ends.

Other than that, its looking pretty good. I would like to get this finished soon... so dont think we are dragging this out purposefully :D I still have plans for an expansion of sorts... a quest for the new NPC to be done later.

Cuv

#6 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 01:14 PM

@Quitch:
Heh, you're not supposed to admit that! :P

Quitch: Yes, dedication all the way. Honest.
Andyr: Good good.

@Cuv:

15 new tilesets? Groovy.

#7 DarkFire

DarkFire

Self appointed lord of fire, chaos and darkness

• 164 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:37 AM

Good to know that you guys are still working on this. The Return to windspear mod was the reason i found this forum (for good or worse ;) ) and i would hate to have seen it get scrapped. keep it up :)
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the countrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefor he must exist.

-Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

Anything is a weapon. you just have to swing it right...
(Though some things are more efficient at it than others)

#8 Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight

Jolly fat man with a gun

• 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:32 AM

Glad to see reports of the project's demise were greatly exagerrated, as it were.

Keep up the good work, and remember there's still plenty of people ready and willing to play this sucker whenever you release it. :)
"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

#9 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 03:59 AM

Many were misdirected by the fact that over a year ago there was a lot of movement for the testing, so common perception was of a mod really close to its release.
Then silence followed for about a year...

We'll wait hopefully :) and, uh, patiently :mellow:

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#10 rreinier

rreinier
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 04:35 AM

Cuv, you said you needed a dialogue writer? Maybe I could help you guys out? (I'll restrain myself from posting a full resume until you say you actually need someone. I'm hoping...)

#11 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 05:33 AM

We need someone for a single piece of dialogue (but it's big). If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the details.

#12 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:46 PM

Good to hear! Thanks for the (detailed) update.

Looking forward to finally getting this thing installed and running.

#13 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:00 AM

Great to hear that things are going well. I was also drawn to these boards by this mod and have a passionate, predisposition for playing paladins(lol). Keep up the good work!!
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#14 insolent_worm

insolent_worm

Rogan?!?

• 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 04:47 AM

Excellent, thank you very much for the update. Good to know that the project survives... it'd be a shame to see it bite the dust after being worked on for so long.

#15 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 03:31 AM

We have recently added four new people to the team. One for handling WeiDU packaging, one for converting dialogue to WeiDU, one for proofreading, and one who's job it is to write the final dialogue.

#16 -Talos-

-Talos-

Posted 20 September 2003 - 06:31 AM

We need an update on this board.
So, it's obvious that this mod is way overdue, how much longer do you think it will take for it to be released?

#17 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 11:02 AM

Overdue? Hmmm, Quitch's signature: Perfection has no deadline...

I'm sure when stuff is ready it will be announced. Not being Quitch or Cuv, though, I don't know when that will be.

#18 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 21 September 2003 - 12:16 PM

So, it's obvious that this mod is way overdue, how much longer do you think it will take for it to be released?

Well, you could always contact the RtW team and offer your assistance with coding the obviously complex and in-depth plot. That would certainly speed up production! :rolleyes:

#19 Auvrin

Auvrin
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:24 PM

Though I'm not playing a role in this mod(but am eagerly awaiting it's finish), I find your comment a bit rude. The whole team working on this project is doing so of their own accord and free time. Show a little respect to the creators and don't make demands of things that aren't owed to you or anyone else.
Of all things in this world... Our self built cages, are our worst design of hell.

Fear me simply because I'm blunt and honest.

*WARNING* I am rated R for suggestive themes and violent material. If you need a warning label don't leave home, cause there isn't a warning label on your front door.

Posted Image

-Pain is beatiful.-Posted Image

#20 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:02 AM

RTW will be released "when it's done", as will ever other Infinity Engine mod currently in development. And in fact so will every other in-development mod for any other game in existence.

If you wish to speed up the development of a mod, the best way is to join the team yourself... actually, better yet, offer to pay them! :)