• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#41 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 06:20 AM

We didn't still expect to be here either. However, we are currently going through a productive phase.

#42 -Veldrin-

-Veldrin-

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:12 AM

:ph34r: Can You just tell me if this mod is goin' to mess up any of the other mods I've already ploughed through since installing them in eager awiting of Your as it seems very thought through mod??

As I'm GOING to install it as soon as I possibly can get My greedy fingers on it... ;)
But still don't wanna lose any other stuff!

If I could help with any work I would, but I haven't even got time to play anymore, so... :rolleyes:

Keep up the Good work, You gods of creationism! B)

#43 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:38 AM

This mod is an isolated quest installed via WeiDU. There is no reason I can see as to why it should interfere with other mods (unless they need all the free music slots... and WeiDU cannot patch IDS files yet...).

#44 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:49 PM

What do you need to patch to an IDS? It's not like WeiDU has a specific IDS patching command that I know of, but it does patch text files (2DA, IDS, etc.) already.

#45 FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson

WeiDU Meddler

• 258 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:20 PM

What do you need to patch to an IDS?  It's not like WeiDU has a specific IDS patching command that I know of, but it does patch text files (2DA, IDS, etc.) already.

I think I can answer this question. Wes just added an ADD_PROJECTILE feature for me to WeiDU 144. These work just like Music files in that you need to append a new ID that's one greater than the previous one. You also need to be able to access this number for later commands (similar to ADD_MUSIC).

This sort of functionality isn't available in standard TP2 syntax, so a feature was needed for this (it's the only way to be absolutely sure 2 or more mods don't use the same ID in Projectil.IDS).
I gotta get rid of this friggin idiotic signature...

#46 DarkFire

DarkFire

Self appointed lord of fire, chaos and darkness

• 164 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:05 AM

Haha! I remember this being said at least a year ago in the same situation...! :lol:

true, but as long as things are not going backwards, i have faith that the mod will be completed, eventually ;) I have patience and time, and i will be here when it is released :)
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the countrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefor he must exist.

-Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

Anything is a weapon. you just have to swing it right...
(Though some things are more efficient at it than others)

#47 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 03:21 AM

You can feel happy that while we don't move fast, and have been going for a long time, we are STILL moving and STILL going forward.

Surely a good thing?

#48 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 11:23 AM

You can feel happy that while we don't move fast, and have been going for a long time, we are STILL moving and STILL going forward.

Surely a good thing?

Indeed but not entirely perfect, is it?

-Echon

#49 FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson

WeiDU Meddler

• 258 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 12:58 PM

Surely a good thing?

-Echon

We're striving for perfect, hoping for excellent, but honestly I think we'll be able to accept really good for the first release. :P

Seriously, though, as Quitch said the project is moving forward. In fact the rate has jumped up to an alarming degree recently. There's a lot to do, and people are doing a lot...
I gotta get rid of this friggin idiotic signature...

#50 DarkFire

DarkFire

Self appointed lord of fire, chaos and darkness

• 164 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 01:42 AM

Surely a good thing?

indeed it is.
i apreciate the endurance and ambition you are all exhibiting, and i look forward to the release of the mod.
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the countrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefor he must exist.

-Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

Anything is a weapon. you just have to swing it right...
(Though some things are more efficient at it than others)

#51 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:29 AM

The same here.
Don't worry about any critics, RtWS is the greatest project around BG2 right now, and it will be treated as such.
*bows before the RtWS team*
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#52 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:32 AM

Surely a good thing?

-Echon

When you are surrounded by imperfect beings, there is little that can be done.

#53 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:06 AM

When you are surrounded by imperfect beings, there is little that can be done

...only to become an equally imperfect being yourself :rolleyes: ...
Posted Image

#54 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:11 AM

The same here.
Don't worry about any critics, RtWS is the greatest project around BG2 right now, and it will be treated as such.
*bows before the RtWS team*

Now, what was the name of that other BG2 mod where they refused to listen to people's comments... if only I could remember...

-Echon

#55 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:14 AM

Strange. I would have imagined that a perfect being would be able to do anything.

-Echon

#56 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:01 AM

Now, what was the name of that other BG2 mod where they refused to listen to people's comments... if only I could remember...

Heh, too many of them, if you ask me.. too many <_< :) .
Posted Image

#57 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 December 2003 - 04:18 AM

So when's this little sucker coming out? I think we're due another progress report.

#58 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 December 2003 - 04:18 AM

So when's this little sucker coming out? I think we're due another progress report.

#59 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 05:41 AM

Strange. I would have imagined that a perfect being would be able to do anything.

-Echon

Imperfect minds can never truly comprehend, for was it not an imperfect mind that attempted to define perfection?

#60 Sevialith

Sevialith
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:42 AM

My, aren't we all civil... :rolleyes: