Photo

Cloakwood Wyvern area missing

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:54 AM

With reference to Erebusant's query about the exits in FW5500.are, if I open that file and go to the edit tab, I can see the exits that you mentioned, Exit 5000 and 5400. I will now investigate the other points.
Yes, I do have Java installed and the window opens, maybe it is not a normal windows window. I don't know what it should look like.

#22 Grimwald

Grimwald
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:58 AM

With reference to Erebusant's query about the exits in FW5500.are, if I open that file and go to the edit tab, I can see the exits that you mentioned, Exit 5000 and 5400. I will now investigate the other points.
Yes, I do have Java installed and the window opens, maybe it is not a normal windows window. I don't know what it should look like.
Sorry, forgot to log in so that you knew who posted this.

#23 Grimwald

Grimwald
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

Uninstall Worldmap, rename your BP-BGT_Worldmap/dialog.wm6 file to dialog.tlk and then cut and paste it into your BGTutu directory overwriting the existing dialog.tlk file, then download the attached new_links_tutu.tph file and overwrite the existing BP-BGT_Worldmap/Revised/lib/new_links_tutu.tph file and then re-install Worldmap. That should resolve the FW5500.are CTD's. Also, could you look at your FW5500.ARE file with NI and see if you have 2 ea entrances named EXIT5000, and EXIT5400? There may have been some changes made to EasyTutu that need to be compensated for.

I have done the above. Do I need to reinstall any patches or should that be sufficient?

#24 Grimwald

Grimwald
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

Uninstall Worldmap, rename your BP-BGT_Worldmap/dialog.wm6 file to dialog.tlk and then cut and paste it into your BGTutu directory overwriting the existing dialog.tlk file, then download the attached new_links_tutu.tph file and overwrite the existing BP-BGT_Worldmap/Revised/lib/new_links_tutu.tph file and then re-install Worldmap. That should resolve the FW5500.are CTD's. Also, could you look at your FW5500.ARE file with NI and see if you have 2 ea entrances named EXIT5000, and EXIT5400? There may have been some changes made to EasyTutu that need to be compensated for.

I have done the above. Do I need to reinstall any patches or should that be sufficient?

With reference to Erebusant's query about the exits in FW5500.are, if I open that file and go to the edit tab, I can see the exits that you mentioned, Exit 5000 and 5400.

Edited by Grimwald, 17 May 2009 - 01:46 PM.

#25 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

That should work for you.

It takes a village...

#26 Grimwald

Grimwald
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

It does indeed thankyou.
As you will know already, this solution means that I can go anywhere at any time, which was not what was intended by the writer of the Drizzt saga, in my opinion, but it certainly makes the game playable, I will just have to use my brain to work out where I should be able to go, and where I shouldn't.

I don't know if you are the person I should report the bug to, but this solution means that when I arrange to meet a player at the friendly arms inn, (thanks to another mod), it doesn't work any more. They are not there.
This is no big deal, but it might be an annoyance to some players and particularly to the writer of that mod!

Edited by Grimwald, 18 May 2009 - 03:28 AM.

#27 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

It does indeed thankyou.
As you will know already, this solution means that I can go anywhere at any time, which was not what was intended by the writer of the Drizzt saga, in my opinion, but it certainly makes the game playable, I will just have to use my brain to work out where I should be able to go, and where I shouldn't.

I don't know if you are the person I should report the bug to, but this solution means that when I arrange to meet a player at the friendly arms inn, (thanks to another mod), it doesn't work any more. They are not there.
This is no big deal, but it might be an annoyance to some players and particularly to the writer of that mod!

I'm not certain I'm following you. Worldmap should have no effect on the kickout dialogs and NPC's rejoining at other locations. All it does is allow travel via a much larger and better looking Worldmap.

It takes a village...

#28 Grimwald

Grimwald
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:17 AM

It does indeed thankyou.

I'm not certain I'm following you. Worldmap should have no effect on the kickout dialogs and NPC's rejoining at other locations. All it does is allow travel via a much larger and better looking Worldmap.

The dialogues are the same. It is just that those characters don't turn up and the Friendly Arms any more as they should do in the mod. If I tell them to stay where they are, it works fine.
I am aware that the mod that has this option is a bit buggy, so it might not be anything to do with worldmap. When I play another game, I will see if the problem continues.

I have played another game with worldmap installed and also without. The problem continues, but only with characters that go to the friendly arms. Those that are sent to Nashkel are OK. The first game, the one with the initial problems which you adressed, had them arriving at the friendly arms OK. It is only since the alterations that it doesn't. I am wondering if it is something to do with altering the dialog.tlk files.
After uninstalling the worldmap, I could still get to all areas in the ToSC game from any exit point, so something has not changed back to the original game.

Edited by Grimwald, 18 May 2009 - 06:17 AM.

#29 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:42 AM

It does indeed thankyou.

The dialogues are the same. It is just that those characters don't turn up and the Friendly Arms any more as they should do in the mod. If I tell them to stay where they are, it works fine.
I am aware that the mod that has this option is a bit buggy, so it might not be anything to do with worldmap. When I play another game, I will see if the problem continues.

I have played another game with worldmap installed and also without. The problem continues, but only with characters that go to the friendly arms. Those that are sent to Nashkel are OK. The first game, the one with the initial problems which you adressed, had them arriving at the friendly arms OK. It is only since the alterations that it doesn't. I am wondering if it is something to do with altering the dialog.tlk files.
After uninstalling the worldmap, I could still get to all areas in the ToSC game from any exit point, so something has not changed back to the original game.

Have you tried starting a new game, and not using a saved game?

It takes a village...

#30 Grimwald

Grimwald
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

It does indeed thankyou.

Have you tried starting a new game, and not using a saved game?

All the games that I referred to were new games except for the one which I was playing when I first asked for help. In that one, the characters went to the friendly arms as they should. In the set up that I now have where I did as suggested at the top of this post, they no longer go there. I am suspecting that the mod that sends the characters to that location is trying to use a file that no longer exists.

Additional info.
I have just tried sending Alora to the Friendly Arms. She turns up, but at a different location to that where Canderous, Deder and co usually go. I am wondering if there are several possible locations where they can turn up. I will investigate further.
I have looked high and low and cannot find them.

I think that what I need is to know how to get back to my initial installation. Then, when I am wanting to do the Drizzt Saga, I can follow your instructions above to open up the areas that are required for it. I am not keen on the fact that at present I can go straight from Candlekeep to Baldur's Gate. The devs deliberately made that impossible and for good reasons.
In developing the Worldmap, you also made the areas open up logically, so I would like to get back to that situation if possible.

It might also solve my problem re the Friendly Arms , though I am not sure of that.

Is part of the problaem that I installed worldmap v6 support. If so should I uninstall Drizzt and reinstall without the support.

Edited by Grimwald, 19 May 2009 - 11:33 PM.