Planar Sphere Mod - Problem with Lady of Pain Spawning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Yase-

-Yase-

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

I'm having a bit of a problem, Having Just defeated Vecna's Shade I go into the Basement part of the Planar Sphere. It is here I seem to remember that the Lady of Pain should spawn, continuing the story leading the the final battle. (I'm running v2.6c and its great compared to the last time I played this with an earlier version, except for this bit...)

Instead there's nothing, I've looked all over the sphere and can't find what to do and am now stuck bar consoling myself out of the sphere.

I've tried spawning the Lady with the console but she doen't say anthing.

Is there a cutscene that is meant to initiate and is it posible to do it via the console?

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:42 AM

I'm having a bit of a problem, Having Just defeated Vecna's Shade I go into the Basement part of the Planar Sphere. It is here I seem to remember that the Lady of Pain should spawn, continuing the story leading the the final battle. (I'm running v2.6c and its great compared to the last time I played this with an earlier version, except for this bit...)

Instead there's nothing, I've looked all over the sphere and can't find what to do and am now stuck bar consoling myself out of the sphere.

Is there a cutscene that is meant to initiate and is it posible to do it via the console?

You're not the first one who has this problem:
http://www.shsforums...p...60&hl=Vecna
And it looks like that there is a cutscene.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#3 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

Apologies for the very late response.

I have no idea why she wouldn't be spawning.... You got the spell key from Mystra I'm assuming?

Try setting these in the console:
Global("psRetrievedKeyTalkedToMysToggle","GLOBAL",1)
Global("psMelsFinalSpellSceneToggle","GLOBAL",0)

Unless I'm staring at the wrong file (which is entirely likely), that *should* trigger the cut scene and The Lady's eventual spawn. I think. Been to long since I looked at this :P

If it doesn't work, let me know.

Edited by Duality, 28 May 2009 - 11:53 AM.

#4 -yase-

-yase-

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for your reply Duality and I wish I could say that It works, but it didn't :(

Tried it both before and after going through the door into the lower part of the ps where she should spawn. still nothing happened.

(oh and this is also a late reply to your reply, so sorry, hope you read this)

#5 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hmm... Ok, then something is really dorked up.

Just as a test, I loaded a saved game that I had (never had started the PS Quest), moved to AR0412, and set the.... Oops, this might be an example of me being really dense.

SetGlobal("psRetrievedKeyTalkedToMysToggle","GLOBAL",1) is what you have to type into the CLUA, not just Global()

The other thing is, did you somehow not get the Spell Key? (ugly purpleish cake looking thing if I remember correctly) I thought I made it impossible to leave the Gov't District without it, since if you don't have it when the Lady spawns, you die :P

#6 -yase-

-yase-

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

Hmm... Ok, then something is really dorked up.

Just as a test, I loaded a saved game that I had (never had started the PS Quest), moved to AR0412, and set the.... Oops, this might be an example of me being really dense.

SetGlobal("psRetrievedKeyTalkedToMysToggle","GLOBAL",1) is what you have to type into the CLUA, not just Global()

The other thing is, did you somehow not get the Spell Key? (ugly purpleish cake looking thing if I remember correctly) I thought I made it impossible to leave the Gov't District without it, since if you don't have it when the Lady spawns, you die :P

Ok, so thats what I did, still doesn't work.

However I started a new game and jumped straight to the PS basement and consoled in the cutsecene and it works!
I'm wondering if its something i've done in the game, a mod I have installed maybe that is messing with It... damn

#7 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:21 AM

Urgh......

Hmm....

As long as;

SetGlobal("psRetrievedKeyTalkedToMysToggle","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("psMelsFinalSpellSceneToggle","GLOBAL",0)

those two are set, it has to trigger the cutscene..... Unless it's somehow hanging on a previous script step in your game..... Or the constantly running override script is interfering.... (the name of which I can't remember at the moment)

But both of those seem highly unlikely...

For lack of something better to do you should be able to skip the entire cutscene/dialog sequence if you set all of these:
SetGlobal("psFinalPortalToggle","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("psCreatePortalToMelsPrisonToggle","GLOBAL",0)
SetGlobal("psRetrievedKeyTalkedToMysToggle","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("psFinalPortalToggle","GLOBAL",1)

(You can also try "1" and "0", though I don't think it matters)

That should open the Portal to Mel's prison, (and let it talk to you) thus bypassing that entire cutscene and at least letting you finish the quest.

If the portal doesn't appear, CreateCreature psPPort, and see if you can talk to him.

I hope. I wish I had a better solution but this is really weird....

Edited by Duality, 08 June 2009 - 02:47 PM.

#8 Galan_Dracos

Galan_Dracos
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:03 AM

i've got the same problem..=( nobody can help us?
uh..i've read now the answers...so i will try and hope the lady of pain appear >_>

Edited by Galan_Dracos, 05 September 2009 - 04:26 AM.