• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

While investigating a complaint made at aerie.ru community against TS-BP's failing to install I've found something that looks much like a typo in tp2 code. At the very end of it there's a block that reads

COPY_EXISTING ~Setup-GUI.tp2~ ~Setup-GUI.tp2~
APPEND_FILE_EVALUATE ~sound.tp2~
APPEND_FILE ~sound2.tp2~
END //ELSE

while I believe it should be not ~sound.tp2~ but ~sound1.tp2~

COPY_EXISTING ~Setup-GUI.tp2~ ~Setup-GUI.tp2~
APPEND_FILE_EVALUATE ~sound1.tp2~
APPEND_FILE ~sound2.tp2~
END //ELSE

Adding '1' there has fixed the problem with installing.

I however am not sure of what's going on. Such a typo would certainly have been detected long ago, after having a lot of complaints similar to the one I've got. But apparently it's present in the archive available here at SHS for download. Either I'm missing something (like BWP already having taken care of it) or there'sa typo to fix.

Edited by GeN1e, 24 May 2009 - 11:03 AM.

Retired from modding.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

I however am not sure of what's going on. Such a typo would certainly have been detected long ago, after having a lot of complaints similar to the one I've got. But apparently it's present in the archive available here at SHS for download. Either I'm missing something (like BWP already having taken care of it) or there'sa typo to fix.

What you are probably missing, is that there is these lines just before that:
BEGIN ~x~

SUBCOMPONENT ~x~
... And as it's a audio subcomponent, it's not installed in any BP installs.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

I thought so at first too. But those

BEGIN ~x~
SUBCOMPONENT ~x~

are enclosed with <<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>, making them a part of the main component, or so I believe.

Retired from modding.

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

I thought so at first too. But those

BEGIN ~x~
SUBCOMPONENT ~x~

are enclosed with <<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>, making them a part of the main component, or so I believe.

They are part of an inlined .tp2 which only kicks in when your songlist.2da id filled too full, so it loads everything to the gui switcher to alter your songlist.2da dependent upon which GUI you are using. If you never completely fill your songlist.2da, you don't run into any problems because it appends it normally. King Diamond would be the one to give a better explaination as it's his code, however there does appear to be the typo issue. I've run into it before depending upon install order.

It takes a village...

#5 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

I think we never had this issue, because everytime we installed TS very at the beginning. I've looked in the BW Fixpack and there is no fix for this issue, so it should be not a real problem, if you follow installation orders.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 29 May 2009 - 09:02 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World