BGT in Linux (Successfully I think)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 Wilkolak

Wilkolak
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:54 AM

Hi,
I've tried to install this on Mac OS X but have some problems.
I've downloaded and add to PATH WeiDU for mac, compiled and add to PATH mospack, installed in wine BG and BG2 + patches, do tolower... do everything what is in tutorials.
But when I'm running ./bgt-linux/bgt-linux it gives me errors. It is starting the conversion, it seems that it would work but then it quits with such error:
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [BG1CRE/BGCALAHA.CRE]
Stopping installation because of error.

Whole debug from WeiDU I'm putting in attachment.

I was wondering if this isn't just an installation error. I've copied all files to Windows virtual machine and there it was running without problems. Conversion to BGT I mean.

PS I've tried to copy modified files from windows to mac and everything is working. But when I play in BG I it is stuttering. When I'm moving party it stops for 0.5 sec every 1-2 sec. When I run BGII/ToB there is nothing like that. I've confirmed it also in linux ubuntu. I'm using newest Wine 1.1.33 and crossover games (wine 1.1.25) both in linux and OS X. And to clarify in windows xp sp3 there is no stuttering at all.
PS2 Installing BGT natively in linux/mac may help on that stuttering problem? I'm also using widescreen mod, escripts and cracked exe so wine don't cry about don't existing cd drives, may some of that mods make these slowdowns which aren't seen in windows?

Attached Files

Edited by Wilkolak, 03 December 2009 - 12:40 PM.

#22 mariankonieczny

mariankonieczny
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:41 AM

troubles i've encountered during installation:
not copying from proper bg1 folder (even copying literally everything from bg cds did not help; seems like broken read ${bg1path}); after running bgt-linux/bgt-linux process ended with "weidu not found". then everything reverted to original state and the question [i]nstall? was raised again. and it seems i've found a solution.

first, we launch bgt-linux/bgt-linux from bg2 folder, it should stop after "weidu not found" or something like that. it's not important. [q]uit. now files wait to be edited in bgt/install/. endsetup.sh and presetup.sh. here's what i've done:

commands that needed full paths in my case: weidu, mosunpack, tisunpack
be cautious when using [replace all] - here and there string "_weidu" (it also applies to two other commands) occurs, so mass change will break this.

in pre- and endsetup.sh i've also mass replaced ${bg1path} to actual full unix path to bg1.

then, in bg2 folder, i've run
./weidu --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogf.tlk --log bgt.debug bgt.tp2

worked. works.

#23 izak

izak
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hi all!

I have been trying to install BGT for a bit now, and I seem to be running into all sorts of trouble. I'm running Ubuntu Karmic 64bit and trying to play/install through wine 1.1.31. I managed to install BGI+TOTSC and BGII+TOB from iso files (note, I had to install BGII from a single mounted directory of all four cd images as setup.exe would not let go of the first cd AND I have to use a no cd exe to get it to run--it just won't recognize that the "Expansion Disc" is mounted... I hope this isn't too much of a problem). I have BGT 1.08 downloaded. I have a couple of questions about installing...

Do I patch my games before or after I try to install BGT? I have some problems patching, but I can probably work around these.

Do I run any of the fixpacks before I install BGT? After I install BGT? What about the no cd exe?

I want to mod the game with Sword Coast Tactics as well (as I remember BGI being a little on the easy side when I played it way back when). Do I use SCSI on BGI and SCSII on BGII or will using SCSII on BGII be sufficient if I am running the BGT? Gibberlings says to install SCSII after everything, but makes no specific mention about BGT, so I am wondering about install order as well.

Finally, and this question is most important to me: how exactly to I follow the OP's guide? That is, I am not quite sure how to make all the commands in WeiDU for Linux and his (I'm assuming it's a "his") .rar available to the path. Ummm... maybe my question should just be: how do I compile things? I have tried compiling the "Weidu for Linux" stuff, but I can't can't get checkinstall to make a package. To be honest, I'm quite the noob here--this is the first thing I've ever tried to compile in the first place. To be even more honest, this is as far as I've gotten; without getting Weidu-Linux compiled, i didn't even try to compile mosunpack or bgt-linux stuff. If someone could provide more details regarding the more "minute" steps of the guide for a linux user who has never compiled before, it would be greatly appreciated.

Though, trying to get BGT up and running has certainly been a good crash course in ubuntu-ing.... :) Thanks in advance!

Edit: After screwing around (and mostly screwing up), I've wiped everything, and started with a fresh install of BGITOTSC and BGIITOB. I haven't touched them yet, haven't even started them up, just installed... I'll let someone wiser on these matters advise me before proceeding... :)

Edit2: I have discovered the power of PATH=$PATH: but now I have questions about how necessary it is to compile the install files for weidu-linux. Would it be enough to simply add the relevant directories to the PATH? On a slightly unrelated note, I thought this is what make/checkinstall was supposed to do (but I can't get that to work in any case). Just an update... :) Maybe what I'm really looking for is an Ubuntu tutorial, but perhaps "projects" are the best way to learn?

Edited by izak, 31 January 2010 - 11:17 PM.

#24 Nugrud

Nugrud
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:22 AM

Hi,

I managed to install BGI+TOTSC and BGII+TOB from iso files (note, I had to install BGII from a single mounted directory of all four cd images as setup.exe would not let go of the first cd AND I have to use a no cd exe to get it to run--it just won't recognize that the "Expansion Disc" is mounted... I hope this isn't too much of a problem).

The wine shouldn't have problems with recognising "Expansion Disc", it's probably because the dir where cd is mounted by udev is not set as cd drive in winecfg. Also there is a way to forcely unmount cd drive with command 'umount -l' if it's blocked by setup.exe

Do I patch my games before or after I try to install BGT? I have some problems patching, but I can probably work around these.

You install BGT after you do this:

Step by Step Instructions

BG1 installation
- Make a full installation of BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast
- Should be installed in C:\Games\Baldur's Gate (but in linux I would recommend e.g. Z:\usr\local\games\baldur1)
- Patch it with BioWare’s official ToSC patch v5512
- Start BG1, make your settings, create a character and make a quicksave with Q in Candlekeep
- Quit the game

BG2 installation
- Make a full installation of BG2 and Throne of Bhaal
- Should be installed in C:\Games\BGII - SoA (but in linux I would recommend e.g. Z:\usr\local\games\baldur2)
- Patch it with BioWare’s official ToB patch v26498
- Start BG2 and ToB, make your settings, create a character and after the autosave quit the game

Do I run any of the fixpacks before I install BGT? After I install BGT?

G3 BG2 Fixpack goes before BGT.

I want to mod the game with Sword Coast Tactics as well (as I remember BGI being a little on the easy side when I played it way back when). Do I use SCSI on BGI and SCSII on BGII or will using SCSII on BGII be sufficient if I am running the BGT? Gibberlings says to install SCSII after everything, but makes no specific mention about BGT, so I am wondering about install order as well.

BG1+TotSC, BG2+ToB+patch v26498
BG Fixpack
BGT
SCS I & II (sure you may combine it together on BGT)

Finally, and this question is most important to me: how exactly to I follow the OP's guide? That is, I am not quite sure how to make all the commands in WeiDU for Linux and his (I'm assuming it's a "his") .rar available to the path. Ummm... maybe my question should just be: how do I compile things? I have tried compiling the "Weidu for Linux" stuff, but I can't can't get checkinstall to make a package.

You don't have to compile Weidu for Linux", just unpack this to /usr/bin (so called "$PATH").

try to compile mosunpack or bgt-linux stuff.

afair you don't have compile anything from bgt-linux 'rar'. Instruction to compile mosunpack should be in the readme from linked sources package. You unpack it, cd to new dir, read readme and follow instructions, generally it's ./configure && make, and than you 'sudo cp' the new binary to /usr/bin.

#25 izak

izak
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for the reply :) I actually got it working last night, but I didn't install the fixpack first. It was just a matter of putting things in usr/bin. Mospack compiled alright, though its package name is sbin :P I'm not going to touch it.... Thanks again! :)

#26 ozymandius

ozymandius
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:44 AM

Hello all. First off, many thanks for to all those who have come up with brilliant mods on SHS. You guys have really kept a great series of games alive.

My basic question relates to getting BGT to install and run on Linux, specifically Ubuntu 10.04. I have tried using the bgt-linux command, but i keep getting an error message (see attached). Basically, it says:

/bin/sh: bgt/install/uninstall.sh: not found
ERROR: Failure("Installation failed - problem with detecting BG1 directory.")

I have the mosunpack and weidu in my PATH. Dos2unix seems to be unavailable with newer distros, so I have installed tofrodos, which seems pretty much the same.

Any advice? also, I managed to install most other weidu mods (ascension, the fixpack, qwinns fixpack for pst etc.) in ubuntu using the wineconsole. Basically, bring up the wineconsole using "wineconsole cmd" line after pressing alt+F2 and then running the regular windows .exe files. That worked great, but failed for BGT. It just spewed a series of "file not found" and "syntax error" messages. Has anyone tried this method succesfully?

Thanks a ton guys.

Attached Files

#27 Nugrud

Nugrud
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

Basically, bring up the wineconsole using "wineconsole cmd" line after pressing alt+F2 and then running the regular windows .exe files. That worked great, but failed for BGT. It just spewed a series of "file not found" and "syntax error" messages. Has anyone tried this method succesfully?

Well, read this:
http://bugs.winehq.o...ug.cgi?id=14545

Today I`ve installed Baldur`s Gate Trilogy v1.0.8 succesfully with wine version
1.1.42. Maybe this bug is out of date?

maybe you have BGT-WeiDU ? Because Baldur's Gate Trilogy installs fine as
Baldurs Gate II. I talked about Baldur's Gate Trilogy v1.08 DVD - last version
of Baldur's Gate Trilogy.

:huh:

From other WINE's front:
BGII: Sluggish performance with fixpack installed
http://bugs.winehq.o...ug.cgi?id=17956

I can confirm it is still an issue in 1.2-rc1. I can also give two different
workarounds, which are different from biffing, which also establish that the
cause of the slow down is caused by combining Wine's case folding combined with
large amounts of files in the override dir and the game dev's expectation of a
case-insensitive filesystem API. The demonstrations are as follows:

Workaround #1: Change all files in override folder to uppercase and change the
corresponding chitin.key entries to uppercase also; this is easy to do with a
bash script, and I can provide an example of such. When this is performed, the
slowdown essentially disappears; this is because entries in chitin.key (and in
other resource files in the game) do not contain the file extensions, but only
their names and types, and both BGI and BGII both seem to append uppercase
extensions to these file names. I do not, however, recommend this method,
because there are game files other than chitin.key that contain resource
entries which will also cause minor slowdowns for the same reason (and it would
be too annoying to write an utility to parse all files and convert the names to
uppercase).

Workaround #2: Using a case-insensitive file system. I have tried with FAT32 as
well as with a ciopfs (http://www.brain-dum...rojects/ciopfs/) layer over
ext4; in both cases, the slowdown disappears. FAT32 is slower, but ciopfs may
segfault during installation (particularly of some heavy mods such as BGT) for
a reason that yet eludes me (but you can still install under Wine to the ext4
dir directly and only run the game through the ciopfs mount point). Despite the
occasional segfaults, I recommend using ciopfs to play because ext4 is a lot
safer than FAT32; moreover, I have yet to see it crash during normal gameplay.
Even the segfaults are harmless -- it simply disconnects the mount point
(forcing you to umount it before remounting it again). Moreover, I recommend
converting all files in your BGI or BGII dir to lowercase using an utility like
the tolower that comes with WeiDU even if using ciopfs; this is to ensure that
there are no duplicate files with names differing only in case.

#28 -alex.-

-alex.-

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:29 AM

hm, so i cant input my bg1 directory. not even symlinks work, i also tried /bg/ to no avail.

also, i did everything in your tut to my best knowledge, also copied mospack and weidu files to usr/bin and installed dos2unix (actually, i did find a copy here: http://sourceforge.n...jects/dos2unix/)

any heads up?

#29 hellothar

hellothar
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

Ok, here is how you install BGT in Ubuntu 10.10

Install required packages:
sudo apt-get install build-essential mmv tofrodos wine\
 unrar-free unzip libjpeg62-dev zlib1g-dev dos2unix fuseiso
Download "Mos Pack v0.92" from dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net
extract and install it:
cd Downloads/mospack_0.92/source$
make -f makefile.unix
sudo cp jpgextract mospack mosunpack mozparse /usr/local/bin/
Download "jpegsrc.v8b.tar.gz" from www.ijg.org
extract and install it:
cd Downloads/jpeg-8b$
./configure
make
sudo make install

Install Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast 2.5GB

Important is to mount all three iso images separately, e.g. CD1 to /tmp/iso1, CD2 to /tmp/iso2 and CD3 to /tmp/iso3. In winecfg add these paths as separate drives and make sure you select type "CD-ROM" in advanced options. Where you install is up to you, but as far I know the script will only run if installation path is all in lowercase, e.g. /home/you/.wine/drive_c/bg1 and not /home/you/.wine/drive_c/BG1.

Install Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn 2.7GB with ToB

This time you can copy the content of all 4 CDs into one directory /BG2_ALL and run "wine ./Setup.exe" from there, although I am not certain if the folder name is important. Again ? where you install is up to you, but AFAIK the script will only run if installation path is all in lowercase, e.g. /home/you/.wine/drive_c/bg2 and not /home/you/.wine/drive_c/BG2.

Install Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and patch it to version 26498

Mount .iso image or enter CD in your drive and run the setup. Then completed download BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH and run it. This is straightforward, nothing special. Also, you should keep the .iso image mounted or the CD in the drive because the game will ask for it anyway.

Now run BGConfig.exe from your /bg2 install directory and enable 3D, after that run bgmain.exe, create a character, play it for a while and save.

Time to get WeiDU-Linux-220.zip linux binaries (because we are too lazy for compiling) from www.weidu.org.

Extract it, copy executables over to /usr/local/bin:
cd Downloads/WeiDU-Linux
sudo cp tisunpack WeiDU WeInstall tolower WeiGUI /usr/local/bin
Another problem with uppercase letters needs to be fixed:
cd /usr/local/bin
sudo mv Weidu weidu
sudo mv WeInstall weinstall
sudo mv WeiGUI weigui
Just in case get the copies with original uppercase letters back:
cd Downloads/WeiDU-Linux
sudo cp WeiDU WeInstall WeiGUI /usr/local/bin
Your /usr/local/bin should now have at least the following files:
ls /usr/local/bin/
cjpeg     jpgextract  mozparse   tolower   weigui     WeInstall             
djpeg     mospack     rdjpgcom   weidu     WeiGUI     wrjpgcom                    
jpegtran  mosunpack   tisunpack  WeiDU     weinstall

Download BGT110-Install.rar and extract it to /the/path/of/your/bg2/installation, e.g. /home/bob/.wine/drive_c/bg2

tolower everything:
cd /the/path/to/your/bg1/installation
tolower

cd /the/path/to/your/bg2/installation
tolower
Answer questions like this:
Do you want to lowercase everything?
[Y]es or [N]o
y
Do you want to generate linux.ini from baldur.ini?
[Y]es or [N]o
n

Download bgt_linux.rar and extract the content in to the folder of your BG2 installation, e.g. in the case of /home/bob/.wine/drive_c/bg2 new directory should look like this: /home/bob/.wine/drive_c/bg2/bgt-linux/

Now run the script:
/home/bob/.wine/drive_c/bg2/bgt-linux/bgt-linux
and wait
and wait
and wait
;-)

if everything goes right the last three lines should be:
</body>
</html>
Press ENTER to exit.

------------------------------

Impressions?
Pulseaudio is incompatible, causes audio skipping.
No environmental audio.
Automated speed does odd things, this can be disabled in baldur.ini config file:
Automated Speed Adjustment=0
The whole thing is unstable, I get the crash in the area where Imoen joins your party by either clicking on world map or trying to enter north to get to that Inn. The crash occurs 100%, so BG1 is unplayable. I do not know how the situation is with BG2 since I can't be bothered to test it for very long right now, but with random save file downloaded from internet I did get one crash.

Overall everything is slower and less responsive. In my opinion everyone should prefer Windows to run this game.

#30 hellothar

hellothar
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:57 AM

Oddly enough creating separate FAT32 partition and then copying BGT-WeiDU installation directly from Windows drive works without problems!

I even mounted temporary crap to tmpfs, example /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda5  /media/5F53-7973                        vfat      umask=000     0    0
tmpfs      /media/5F53-7973/BGTrilogy/cache        tmpfs     defaults      0    0       
tmpfs      /media/5F53-7973/BGTrilogy/temp         tmpfs     defaults      0    0    
tmpfs      /media/5F53-7973/BGTrilogy/tempsave     tmpfs     defaults      0    0
I think this further increased snappiness.

What else was necessary to change:

First I had to edit baldur.ini to add the correct drive letter:
HD0:=E:\BGTrilogy\
CD1:=E:\BGTrilogy\CD1\
CD2:=E:\BGTrilogy\CD2\;E:\BGTrilogy\CD2\
CD3:=E:\BGTrilogy\CD3\
CD4:=E:\BGTrilogy\CD4\
CD5:=E:\BGTrilogy\CD5\
And then run winecfg and configure FAT32 partition to be the letter I chose previously (E):

Posted Image

WeiDU.log
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.09 (8 May 10)
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v18
~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v5
// Recently Uninstalled: ~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v2.31
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v2.31
~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // generalized biffing: v2

So two minor differences compared to Windows remaining are:
- no environmental audio (added "Environmental Audio=0" to baldur.ini to avoid any possible problems, though I doubt this matters)
- slightly increased (over 100ms, I think) input delay with some armor and weaponry in inventory screen, especially with Minsc character

#31 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

Man, I was playing glitch-less games of BG2 on Ubuntu 6.10 - did Ubuntu become so much crappier in the meantime?

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#32 hellothar

hellothar
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

Man, I was playing glitch-less games of BG2 on Ubuntu 6.10 - did Ubuntu become so much crappier in the meantime?

It's the BG2 mod "BGT-WeiDU" that's so problematic. Ever installed it on Ubuntu successfully?

#33 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

No (especially because it wasn't even a WeiDU mod when I was running Ubuntu), but I suspect that the pulseaudio-related woes are unrelated to BGT.

A (not really well-known) fact is that IE games run smoother on a case-insensitive file-system, and installing Generalized Biffing (available from my sig) can help somewhat with the slowness.

Regarding the crash, I was having a similar problem recently (on Windows), and it's caused by chase.cre somehow disappearing. Can you run find -iname 'chase.cre' and post the results?

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#34 hellothar

hellothar
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:10 AM

I am aware of FAT32 and using it. It really does make a difference. Generalized Biffing doesn't run under wine for me last time I tried and Pulseaudio is not a problem if I can simply remove it from system.

I promise to look one more time if I can make the installation work the way the OP described and look if a crash I got could be caused by that .cre file, but not right now considering that straight copy of windows install works surprisingly well.

Update: I am giving up on OP method (with shell script). IMO direct copy method is much more cleaner and less f#%king around.

Good luck to anyone who decides to get it working without crashes <_<

Edited by hellothar, 04 September 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#35 Nugrud

Nugrud
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

Impressions?
Pulseaudio is incompatible, causes audio skipping.

From WINE's FAQ:

The Wine project has decided not to pursue a Pulse driver for Wine at this time. We feel it is best to keep working on the more mature Wine ALSA driver. We are aware that some distributions use Pulse as the default, and this is unfortunate. PulseAudio is also known to be buggy when emulating ALSA/OSS and should be disabled when using Wine.

There is an unofficial PulseAudio driver for Wine, but it is unsupported. Do not submit bug reports while using it. Bug tracking this issue: bug 10495.

No environmental audio.

http://bugs.winehq.o...ug.cgi?id=14896 ?

The whole thing is unstable, I get the crash in the area where Imoen joins your party by either clicking on world map or trying to enter north to get to that Inn. The crash occurs 100%, so BG1 is unplayable. I do not know how the situation is with BG2 since I can't be bothered to test it for very long right now, but with random save file downloaded from internet I did get one crash.

Most probably a WINE's issue, not Ubuntu's, the bigg :)

Overall everything is slower and less responsive. In my opinion everyone should prefer Windows to run this game.

Some do not have a [legal] Windows copy anymore :P

#36 hellothar

hellothar
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:27 AM

[...]
No environmental audio.
[...]

Tried that with clean install of BG2 -- no change:

Posted Image

#37 Nugrud

Nugrud
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:19 AM

[...]
No environmental audio.
[...]

Posted Image

Yeah, probably WINE does not expose EAX extensions to the APP.
[Wine] EAX/OpenAL in Wine?
CreativeLABS: EAX and Linux

Edited by Nugrud, 08 September 2010 - 02:19 AM.

#38 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

I must say that I have installed BGT-WeiDU 1.11 on Linux with this shell script and it works perfectly, I never had any crashes. I didn't go far into the game but I plan to finish it to be sure that the Linux-powered BGT-WeiDU is stable !

Generalized Biffing also works perfectly under Linux (and is a must for a Linux-based BG2 modded game).
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#39 paulwratt

paulwratt
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

[...]
No environmental audio.
[...]

Posted Image

try this, it is a confirmed fix (workaround)
http://appdb.winehq....ersion&iId=3780

scroll down to : EAX sound issue fix :)

Paul

#40 -roystgnr-

-roystgnr-

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

There seem to be some issues depending on what directory your BG1 installation is in; in particular "/home/roystgnr/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/GOG.com/Baldurs Gate/" failed for me. I assumed the problem was capitalization or spaces, but other people say that the issue might be the dot character in the directory name(s).

Either way, creating a nicer symlink "/home/roystgnr/bg1" and then providing that to the bgt-linux script seems to have fixed the install.