Photo

Hephestus Box and the Mysterious Cave

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Baz

Baz
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

I'm playing a megamod version of BGII and during SOS my gear was stripped at one point and the box is gone, I need the code for the activated Hephestus box. Also I can't find who to talk to/where to go in Mirabur to find the Mysterious Cave, any help? I'm playing a MegaMod "The Big Picture" with a very large assortment of mods, I haven't gone to IWD yet.

I cannot retreive this information myself with shadowkeeper because I have a specially compressed megamod install that runs on a cache system so it can fit on a 10GB USB stick, shadowkeeper cannot index the resources of this install.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Baz

Baz
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:19 PM

nothing? :(

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:15 PM

I looked with shadowkeeper and could not find anything with Hephestus box in the title. :(

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 Kuugen

Kuugen
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:50 AM

I have a SoS, TDD, NEJ, TS, CtB, RoT ( etc etc... everything ) BiG World install and cannot find any item that matches your description.
the only "box" items I could find with Near Infinity are

EDWINKEY - Mae'Var's Stromgbox Key ( OBVIOUSLY not this )
M#PDUST - Box of Pixi Dust ( Invisible 10'' radius )
MISC03 - Small Box ( crashes my game )
PLOT01L - Tinderbox ( Watcher's Keep plotitem )
SD_B - Shed's Private Lockbox ( this could be what you mean.. but then.. no idea )
X#SABOX - Safana's Box ( No idea )

A search for creatures with Box resulted in 0 Results
A search for spells with box resulted in 0 Results
A search for Stores with box resulted in 0 Results

So, either you got the name wrong or.. no idea.
Did you try to look at the savegame ( if neccessary, copy it to a normal folder ) with NearInfinity? If it's a bagofholding-type of box, it is one of the .sto files. decompress the .SAV and look through.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

Hey there, I searched all the .tra files and the .tp2 for SoS but didn't find any references to a "Hephestus (Hephaestus??) Box" or even a box for instance :unsure:

Are you sure the item's from SoS (Shadows of Soubar :P )?? Or are you sure that the item's called Hephestus' "Box"??

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: Checked Reign of Terror's .tra's and .tp2 as well (after seeing the forum's name :P ). Only references to a box are the "Dialog Box" and other fourth-wall-breaking stuff :P

Edited by Lollorian, 11 August 2009 - 03:31 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Baz

Baz
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

nono, it's from RoT, you get the item early in the quest and later travel to Brynlaw where you are teleported to Cadderly's temple and he takes you to the dragon's lair where you have to hurt it to a certain point and the creature is contained in the box. I honestly don't remember if the word "box" was in the item's description but I know it's just an innate quest item with no SLA's or anything of the sort.

Thanks for the help fellas, I appreciate it, I'll try to get more information (or just restart the game like a good little moron).

#7 Kuugen

Kuugen
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

i looked through most of the RoT items but there is nothing remotely like the item you describe. can't you just load an older save and give us the exact name of the item you're looking for?

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

I think I found it :P Is it perchance, Fangor's Holder?? :o

@1105 = ~Fangor's Holder~
@1106 = ~This item can be used for capturing a dragon. The capturing must take place just before the death of the dragon. Before using this one must make sure no-one has died just recently in the area because the spirits of the dead can disable the effects of the Holder. The trapped dragon can be released whenever wanted and the Holder will be destroyed in the process. The dragon will vanish soon too.~
@1107 = ~You have trapped a dragon inside of this item. When the dragon is released, this object will vanish.~

Now, looking at the .tp2, you'll have to CLUAConsole:CreateItem("DRAGCAP2") for the "activated box" :D (with the dragon in it). The empty box would be DRAGCAP

Lol, I still don't believe this is the one but, seems to have dragons in it :P

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: For the Mysterious Cave thing, check out the SoS walkthrough (it's almost at the end of the page :D )

Edited by Lollorian, 20 August 2009 - 05:43 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#9 Baz

Baz
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for your help, mate, appreciated!