Alignment clarification

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -Claire-

-Claire-

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

Just some clarification from the FAQ -

Q: Whoa, Sarevok's alignment didn't change! What did I do wrong?
A: Nothing. Sarevok does not undergo a change of alignment within this romance no matter what the PC does or says. That is normal.

Do you mean that his alignment never changes in ToB because of the mod, or that there is no change done by the mod itself? Because I haven't had the normal discussions with Sarevok I usually have during ToB that lead to his alignment change and was just wondering if this has been taken out, or if it is delayed by the mod (to fit in with the conversations in the mod).

:wacko:

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:02 PM

Yes, you're right; his alignment never changes in ToB, and you don't get the usual talks. You get a romance, instead. ;)

#3 Luridel

Luridel
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

If you -don't- romance him (but have this mod installed), will he still change alignment as usual?

"If they're not dead, watch out for a bunch of boneless women flopping through the streets."

#4 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

I'll give K'aeloree the last word on that for certain, but as far as I know, as long as the first PID doesn't happen, his regular talks should go forward normally, thereby allowing you to change his alignment (or not) as usual.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

Yes, if you don't romance him, the talks will progress as usual (with the usual consequences). :)

#6 -Daydreamer-

-Daydreamer-

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

Rather a late question but it just occurred to me. There are several late ToB banters for a chaotic good (?) Sarevok. The one that comes to mind is between Anomen and Sarevok (starts with Anomen wondering if Sarevok's new outlook is an act) but I'm sure there are others. Does this mean they won't trigger? Just because Sarevok's alignment doesn't change I don't think it necessarily makes those banters inappropriate. Apologies if this is a really obvious question but I haven't had a chance to play the mod yet (only found it a few weeks ago and my prospective PC is still in BG1- don't think she even knows Sarevok's name yet!), only read through it with Near Infinity. Really looking forward to getting to ToB!

#7 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:14 AM

That is the case, yes - those banters will not trigger because Sarevok's alignment does not change. I am starting to go back through the mod now and make more notes on things that I'd like to improve, and I'd like to have the companions comment more on the relationship in general anyway. Odds are, I will try to find a way to work those banters (or similar ones) into the appropriate romance path because I like them as well. ^_^

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship