BiG World Project (BWP) v8.0

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#341 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

Could anybody here tell me how to add mods to the BWP batch file?
I tried to do it by simply unpacking them as the Setup program usually does and then adding component installation lines (you know, like %IFTES%scs%S%scs%L%0%SK% 5021 5030 5040 --logapp | %M%) in the install.bat for the mods in question...
So, what did I do wrong?

Did you run the BWS ? Cause that's the easiest way to add a already known mod to the 'BiG World Install.bat' file, by tagging the 'Further configure your install...' or something very similar.

The other one is to first run the BWS, then let it do all the downloading etc. and when it's done, open the 'BiG World Install.bat' file with Notepad, and insert a line like this: %IFE%scs%S%scs%L%0%SK% 5021 5030 5040 --logapp | %M%

Edit: It most probably needs to actually be:
%IFE%scs%L%0%SK% 5021 5030 5040 --logapp | %M%

Cause the "S%scs" comes from the S Standard... <_< KILL ME.

As the IFE means any English install, while the IFTE means only English Tactic install... here is also a good tutorial on .bat coding.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 October 2009 - 03:40 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#342 -Terradive-

-Terradive-

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

So I was trying this for the first time. It looked like it was running 8.1. The main problem I had was when installing the amber mod, it just stopped and the Big Picture App stopped. I didn't see any obvious errors. Does anyone know what could have caused this? I was in bed asleep and presumably so was my daughter. I'm doing a restore now and attempting a reinstall...

#343 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:18 AM

I'm doing a restore now and attempting a reinstall...

Before that, could you go to the game directory, take the BiG World Debug.txt and archive it as a .zip and upload it to a place like this and send the link, or join our forum so you can attach files to a post...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 October 2009 - 12:19 AM.

#344 The Baboon

The Baboon
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:09 AM

The other one is to first run the BWS, then let it do all the downloading etc. and when it's done, open the 'BiG World Install.bat' file with Notepad, and insert a line like this: %IFE%scs%S%scs%L%0%SK% 5021 5030 5040 --logapp | %M%

Ah...that may be my mistake, since I made IFES lines for mods not already known.
Meaning that for, let's say Tales of the Deep Gardens, I'd end up with %IFES%TotDG%S%TotDG%L%0%SK% 0 1 | %M%. So should it just be IFE then?

here is also a good tutorial on .bat coding.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

#345 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:24 AM

%IFES%TotDG%S%TotDG%L%0%SK% 0 1 | %M%

That's pretty much what I used in my install.bat (here it is :P)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#346 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

%IFES%TotDG%S%TotDG%L%0%SK% 0 1 | %M%

That's pretty much what I used in my install.bat (here it is :P)

But you are using either tactical or standard install that both include the S. Baboon might be using the minimum English install... that uses only the IFE tag without the S's, T's or X's, that are assigned for, Standard, Tactic, and eXpert installs. The E comes for English, the G is for German, and H is for Hispanic/Spanish language.
Of course I might be totally off...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 October 2009 - 03:49 AM.

#347 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:33 AM

Ooooh ... so S stands for "Standard" :P I thought it was "Setup-" :doh:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#348 The Baboon

The Baboon
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:48 AM

Ooooh ... so S stands for "Standard" :P I thought it was "Setup-" :doh:

So did I. :D

I did have a Tactics installation, though. But if IFE works in any case, then I guess I can just use that.

Also, if that worked for you, I may just have to consider the possibility that I screwed some minor detail up there. Might just have been a typo or something similarly banal.

#349 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

Look at the SET-variable-block at the top of the BiG World Install.bat. ;)

Edited by dabus, 07 October 2009 - 04:24 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#350 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

Ran into a strange bug with the bws.
While trying to restore a backup the program failed to copy creatures.bif, 25creatures.bif and 25store.bif from the backup directory to the BG2/data directory.

#351 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:59 AM

Well, it's kinda surprising to see that the main BWP thread got pushed to the second page :P And I couldn't let this blasphemy continue :D

I was wondering, iiItem's readme mentions in the Known Issues section that:

Some items will trigger may visit from the Cowled Wizards for illegal magic use in Athkatla.
Amulet of Knowledge permanently increases Lore by 10pt per equipping of the item.

Could those be fixed?? (especially the perma lore increase :unsure:)

Cheers,
Lol

#352 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:19 AM

I was wondering, iiItem's readme mentions in the Known Issues section that:

Some items will trigger may visit from the Cowled Wizards for illegal magic use in Athkatla.
Amulet of Knowledge permanently increases Lore by 10pt per equipping of the item.

Could those be fixed?? (especially the perma lore increase :unsure:)

Well, depending on is the behavior considered as a bug or not by the mod maker, it would be easier to him fix the bug...
The items that trigger the CW's should be easy to fix, just copy the spell the item uses, make it clerical spell type and then reassign the new spell to the item.

#353 indians

indians
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:21 PM

Hello to all...i have installed a normal install but because i'm running vista i can't figure out how to start the game the installation process want start after the pre-installation step what i'm supposed to do...??
the problem is that the installation process won't start...after the pre-install process the install.bat don't start, i'm using vista and on the manual i have read that i have to do something with the cmd.exe as administrator but it doesn't work!!! i have installed the game on drive D...please tell me waht i have to do now....thanks in advance

Edited by indians, 15 October 2009 - 01:15 AM.

#354 Xenu

Xenu
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

Sorry if this has been covered already. How often do the modlists that BWP installs get updated? It still offers to install BGT 1.07 when there's 1.08 around. Or am I doing something wrong?

#355 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

Sorry if this has been covered already. How often do the modlists that BWP installs get updated? It still offers to install BGT 1.07 when there's 1.08 around. Or am I doing something wrong?

The list should actually be here. :whistling:
The thing there though is, do you wish to have bugless game, or it to contain every bug ever invented?

The indians message has been replied to in here.

#356 -Nezric-

-Nezric-

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:37 AM

Hey.

The BiG World Setup tells me that I'm missing some files. These are:

For BG1:

data/Area000B.bif
data/Area000C.bif
data/Area000D.bif
data/Area000E.bif
data/Area000F.bif

These are nowhere to be found.

And for BG2:

CD5/movies/25movies.bif

Though this (the BG2 file) isn't actually missing, but the setup thinks so.

Help?

#357 Drewkey

Drewkey
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:27 AM

Hey.

The BiG World Setup tells me that I'm missing some files. These are:

For BG1:

data/Area000B.bif
data/Area000C.bif
data/Area000D.bif
data/Area000E.bif
data/Area000F.bif

These are nowhere to be found.

And for BG2:

CD5/movies/25movies.bif

Though this (the BG2 file) isn't actually missing, but the setup thinks so.

Help?

This sounds like you did not set the correct directories in Big World Setup when it asked you where you had installed these games, but this is by the way you should not be running Big world Setup at the moment as the Link-list is in the process of being updated for the next version.
Wait until Setup 8.1 is published (expected later this week) and then Specify the directories where BG and BG2 are loaded.
There's a fine line between Genius and Madness... And I'm sure I could find it if my space hamster hadn't hidden my glasses.

#358 -Nezric-

-Nezric-

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:38 AM

Ok, thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

#359 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:45 AM

For BG1:

data/Area000B.bif
data/Area000C.bif
data/Area000D.bif
data/Area000E.bif
data/Area000F.bif

Yes, the v8.0 Setup doesn't finish for now...
But this sounds like you not having the correct path set in your BG1 directory's baldur.ini files [Alias] headers, so open the file with Notepad, and check. Also if you have Windows Vista, and the game is in the Program Files sub-directory, any change you'll make to the file won't be made cause the Vista 'protects the files', so you better just reinstall or move the whole game directory to somewhere else, like to: C:\BWP\BGII - SoA directory, and then use the BGMain.exe to start the game, not the baldur.exe...

#360 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

Thanks. The ini file did have the wrong path to my BG1 directory, but fixing that didn't help much. I also moved both folders out of Program Files already.

I'll try a complete reinstall.

Again, thanks for the help.