CtB 1.11 fixes and French update

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

Here are some fixes of mine from some recent topics and an updated translation in French for Worldmap, CtB_FF and the CtB core.

Maybe I can get this pinned until the version in the Downloads section is updated? Readme is in the package but I copied it here as well.

Read me:

8/23/09

CtB1.11fix

by Hoppy

I. Preamble:

This package of fixes is for the mod Check The Bodies for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Basically these are just some edits to areas and scripts to fix some minor issues occuring in the game and all effort was
made to keep the integrity of the original author's intentions.

II. Content of changes:

1) Fixed two search maps (AR3551 and AR3575) which now allow for better movement unlike the originals.

2) Attempted to fix the Academy of Kuldin scripts or BCS (AR3541-AR3560 cumulatively) with appropriate change of enemies

depending on party levels and allowing other script blocks to fire.

relevent topic is:

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=444422

3) Creature fixes for Yuanti in Hlondeth relative to Rynn's quest. Changed death variable to YUANTI to match her dialog checks (SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI) and does not effect the Yuanti of the main quest,
Hlondeth Secession or Black Adder stew.
-CBHLDYT1, CBHLDYT2, CBHLDYT3, CBHLDYT4 all have YUANTI dv's.

III. Revised French translation

All credits go to: Morkhan, La Voix 2 la Sagesse and Asa (of the d'Oghmatiques).

*Also thanks to Graoumf for sending these out to be part of the CtB update*

It consists of French updates for Worldmap, CtB core and CtB-FF.

IV. Installation:

1) Extract the original mod (CtB and Check the Bodies-Fast Forward: the latter is a separate mod) to your BGII - SoA folder.

2) BEFORE installing the mod, extract CtB1.11fix.rar in your BGII - SoA. Within the new CtB1.11fix folder extract CtB.rar and CtB_FF to the BGII - SoA
directory and let them merge/overwrite when prompted.

3) Then run the Setup-CtB.exe.

Credits:

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn: © 2000 Bioware Corp. All Rights Reserved.

Check The Bodies ©2003, ©2004 Charles Bisson.

Tools used:

Near Infinity © Jon Olav Hauglid.
http://www.idi.ntnu....h/ni/index.html

DLTCEP ©2002-2008 AVENGER
http://www.gibberlin...ools/dltcep.php

Mod's host site:

Spellhold Studios
http://www.shsforums.net/

Download me: Updated 12-18-09 with extra searchmap AR3534 and fixed French TRA

EDIT: Reason was just a minor change in readme for better clarification of the Fast Forward component as a separate mod. Uploaded a second pack but no mod data files were added/changed.

EDIT2: The folders CtB and CtB_FF are being extracted to a folder CtB1.11fix. Just move or copy/paste the folders CtB and CtB_FF within CtB1.11fix folder to the main BGII - SoA folder and let merge/overwrite. Only after the main mod has been extracted.

EDIT3: Changed the extraction info in readme and a different extraction setup for the package to make sure it gets properly merged. No changes to files or edits again. Now just extract the package to its self naming folder and there will be two .rar files to extract to the main folder. I hope this works better for those installing CtB without assistance from BWP which incorporates the same fixpack but does it automatically with its own setup installer.

EDIT4: Added Hlondeth Yuanti fix with updated package and readme.

3) Creature fixes for Yuanti in Hlondeth relative to Rynn's quest. Changed death variable to YUANTI to match her dialog checks (SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI) and does not effect the Yuanti of the main quest,
Hlondeth Secession or Black Adder stew.
-CBHLDYT1, CBHLDYT2, CBHLDYT3, CBHLDYT4 all have YUANTI dv's.

Edited by Hoppy, 18 December 2009 - 02:04 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#2 JustGans

JustGans
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

I've extracted all changed files to my override folder and tested an academy. First of all i've kicked my 11lvl Ioshimo (other were less than 10 lvl) and bagbears did not transformed into golems =)

With Ioshimo I had golems.

Thanks a lot =)

*upd*

Hm.. Are the harpies immune to magical weapon? o0
None of my party members can bit them. All have +2 or +3 weapons, Valen with her claws also can't bit them. Drizzt's cat also :(

And harpies can see you even if your are invisible (potion or spell) without any casting. Is it normal?

*upd*

Harpies clone themselves. When your see at first three or four of them, after second 10-12 of them appear nearby.

Edited by JustGans, 27 August 2009 - 10:19 PM.

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

I've extracted all changed files to my override folder and tested an academy. First of all i've kicked my 11lvl Ioshimo (other were less than 10 lvl) and bagbears did not transformed into golems =)

With Ioshimo I had golems.

Thanks a lot =)

The BAFS will not work in the override folder. They have to replace the ones in the mod's (CtB) folder when installed. If you have CtB already installed then you can follow the topic link in the readme above and manually edit your BCS using Near Infinity linked also in the readme.

Maybe you edited them already? My apologies if I misunderstood you.

*upd*

Hm.. Are the harpies immune to magical weapon? o0
None of my party members can bit them. All have +2 or +3 weapons, Valen with her claws also can't bit them. Drizzt's cat also :(

And harpies can see you even if your are invisible (potion or spell) without any casting. Is it normal?

Elemental damage for the most effective for weapons and spells but they are immune to enchanted weapons up to +3 and silver weapons. Invisible detection is by script plus they all have undroppable Ring of Gaxx so increased magic resistance.

*upd*

Harpies clone themselves. When your see at first three or four of them, after second 10-12 of them appear nearby.

Some will as in the case of the golems, the Bugbear would change into two or three golems so it is in the creature script. It sounds like the level checks are working OK for you and thank you for your input.

:cheers:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 JustGans

JustGans
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:36 PM

The BAFS will not work in the override folder.

I've forgotten)

Now i've to replace the code from AR3541.baf (for example) instead of code in AR3541.BCS by using NI. And for other 19 areas fixed scripts too. After this it would be new .*BCSs in my override folder. Right?

Savegame i've to use older than i've reached Academy. OK, i'll try now.

Edited by JustGans, 28 August 2009 - 12:01 AM.

#5 JustGans

JustGans
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

Problem with compiling AR3543.BCS

Expected I:StrRef* but found @550012

Problems with compiling AR3552.BCS

Expected I:StrRef* but found @550013
Expected I:StrRef* but found @550013

Edited by JustGans, 27 August 2009 - 11:55 PM.

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:22 AM

Yep, the BCS will contain stringreferences or sentences to display. You have seen them pop up over characters' heads before. The BAF contains a number with an @ prefix so that when weidu installs the mod, it says to compile that number (in BAF) to match whatever that number is in the .TRA (depending on translations). That is why the direct compiling of the BAF (if it has string refs) will come up errors becasue it doen's match with your dialog.tlk.

http://www.shsforums...mp;#entry444422

This is the link where I posted manually editing the BCS for all the Academy areas so you can compare your original BCS with my edit and make small changes without changing your string references. String references will be different in just about everyone's modded games so you don't want my numbers, just the format for the IF, THEN, RESPONSE blocks and make sure globals match.

It was time consuming but Fouinto tested as we went so everything works better. Since you have done most of the integer changing scripts then you can just crosscheck only the scripts that have those strings or sentences with the ones I have copied/posted in the topic linked.

Keep posting if you have troubles. If you still have problems with editing some of them, attach them in your posts and I will edit them quick.

Cheers,

Hoppy

- King Diamond

#7 JustGans

JustGans
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

I've replaced string refers from my original AR3543.BCS & AR3552.BCS and all was compiled succesfully. There were only three lines, so it was not difficult)
Thanks)

I'll try test today after finishing Soubar =)

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

Also translators, can I have translations for these four creatures? I need to add new creatures for the "Ring of Dragons" on Zannaster the mage/lich. The ring crashes and has not worked since version 150 from my data.

Red Dragon

Black Dragon

Green Dragon

Yellow Dragon

Thanks!

- King Diamond

#9 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

In french :

Dragon Rouge

Dragon Noir

Dragon Vert

Dragon Jaune

Good luck for the fix. :)

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

In french :

Dragon Rouge

Dragon Noir

Dragon Vert

Dragon Jaune

Good luck for the fix. :)

Tres bien! :coolthumb:

- King Diamond

#11 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:50 AM

In italian:

Drago Rosso

Drago Nero

Drago Verde

Drago Giallo

Thank you Hoppy!!! :cheers:

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

In italian:

Drago Rosso

Drago Nero

Drago Verde

Drago Giallo

Thank you Hoppy!!! :cheers:

Grazie :cheers:

- King Diamond

#13 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:02 AM

Also translators, can I have translations for these four creatures? I need to add new creatures for the "Ring of Dragons" on Zannaster the mage/lich. The ring crashes and has not worked since version 150 from my data.

Red Dragon

Black Dragon

Green Dragon

Yellow Dragon

Thanks!

Russian

Красный дракон

Черный Дракон

Зеленый Дракон

Желтый Дракон

mmm this update include in big world fix pack?

Edited by prowler, 24 October 2009 - 06:05 AM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#14 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:10 AM

Red Dragon

Black Dragon

Green Dragon

Yellow Dragon

Thanks!

Russian

Красный дракон

Черный Дракон

Зеленый Дракон

Желтый Дракон

mmm this update include in big world fix pack?

Thanks prowler :cheers: and this particular fix is not included yet which is not really important because the Ring of Dragons has never worked even from early versions. I have to make separate dragon creatures and scripts to make this work properly. I think it may have been something from CtB that was never finished.

- King Diamond

#15 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:20 AM

German translation:

Roter Drache

Schwarzer Drache

Grüner Drache

Gelber Drache

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#16 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

German translation:

Roter Drache

Schwarzer Drache

Grüner Drache

Gelber Drache

Greetings Leomar

Danke! :cheers:

I will add these to Leonardo's translation when I receive it.

- King Diamond

#17 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

Did you see this patch made by White Agnus?

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

In the authors section of that patch,

Concept/Area editing - Hoppy

:coolthumb:

Hoppy's da man :P

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 12 December 2009 - 06:05 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

Did you see this patch made by White Agnus?

It is just a compatibility patch for TS-BP with CtB although one can install it after just CtB to restore the old cave and its treasure. I thought it was best as a separate mod for the multi-mod compatibility.

- King Diamond

#20 -Radamanthe-

-Radamanthe-

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:20 AM

Hello!

First, I'm sorry about my english (I'm french).

I installed Ctb1.11, the Fix, and the Worldmap V7.1. On my map, I can see the new areas but my problem is : I am not able to go to neither Hlondeth nor any new areas. There are no links. I tried by the City gates and by the Firkraad's zone (I'm not remember the english name), but anything chages. Of course, I can use the cluaconsole but I would prefer find an other solution. It's the first time I install CtB so I don't know if I must do something befor go to anywhere this mod add.

Again sorry about my english.