Photo

Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#861 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

@Lollorian: you think you're confused - ??????????! - I think I will avoid the other forum for now, - these issues are bad enough in English without trying to discuss them in German!! :)

@dabus: from what you are saying it sounds as though some BWS selections, eg: Party members can facestab too!, need to be installed using the original command line approach in order to make any but the first, or default, selection - ?  ie: the BWS script is written to assume an optimal selection for some components and anything outside of that will not be installed.

Also, I already have the IWD Item Pack but, for anyone who does not already have it, it is no longer available. - I did find the forum link, along with other links, but all are dead or of the download installer and end-up with a shed load of spyware, trojans, and backdoors variety.  Additionally, I have read through the trow.cc forum posts and am fairly certain that both Nameless Melody Inn and NMR-Happy Patch are no longer available through the forum. - I have already obtained several other mods from the same forum, though, including the Legion of Hell and something to do with an underground city and an anime style character.

Edited by Test Person, 18 January 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Latest BWP Essentials (Not My Contributions, - Just A Note To Anyone Who Needs The Link): http://kerzenburg.ba...oads.php?cat=10

#862 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

BPv180 and Innate_Fix changed to use horred the plague's awesome BCS patching code (so no longer requires shitty exclusion lists :P)
BPv180 also had a small change made with respect to the KIT.IDS patching part to accomodate ToBEx's new wildmage unlocking magicness :D

Also, some random items I found in my travels ^_^

KonTwk\Items\K0BARREL.ITM
- Loads of of bonus resists set to 100% of existing value (which actually had no effect in-game because 100% of something doesn't actually change the value :lol:) Now increments everything to 100 like the other resists

DarkHorizons\BGT\items\CMBRQ06.ITM
DarkHorizons\items\CMBRQ06.ITM
- Set Move Silently and Pickpockets to 20 when it should have incremented

TheUndying\items\COMKFC02.ITM
- Should play EFF_P26.WAV when consumed like the other KFC items from the mod

Also, IWD Item pack? :unsure:

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#863 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Last OT here:

@Test Person: I don't understand if you did not understand what I wanted to describe, if I was just unclear or you want something different.
So I'll try to rephrase it:
1) The BWS reads all actions it should take from a cvs-file.
2) That file contains a column that has four digits in it. They represent the four default BWP-preselections (recommended, standard, tactic and expert).
Every digit can be 0 or 1. 1 means that it will be selected when the selection-GUI is build.
3) I also included some components or mods that are optional, thus every digit in that column is 0.
4) If you click on the tree of a multiple-choice entry, the BWS will look up your current selection for click-property (it's usually your selected BWP-preselection, but you can change that during the selection).

Example:
Lets assume the selection.txt looks like that:
MUC;A;Select;12;1111;
MUC;A;1;12;0110;
MUC;A;2;12;1000;
MUC;A;3;12;0001;

The entries would be
@1=Ranger Kits-> Make him a default ranger
@2=Ranger Kit -> Make him a stalker
@3=Ranger Kit -> Make him a beast master

So if you had a recommended install, you'd get the stalker as a default if you clicked on the Ranger Kits tree. Standard or Tactic would be a stalker, expert gets a beast master.

So back to your optional facestabbing-issue:

MUC;tb#tweaks;Select;16;0000;
MUC;tb#tweaks;8500;16;0000;
MUC;tb#tweaks;8550;16;0000;

@8500=Party Members can facestab too! -> Always
@8550=Party Members can facestab too! -> Only when under the effect of Non-Detection

If you selected recommended, and click on the Party Members can facestab too!-tree, BWS will look up what would be selected in a recommended install. Since you don't have a pre-selection here (optional content that would not be installed in any selection), BWS tells you that and just selects the first option.

5) If you select one of the multiple-choice entries beneath the tree, it just gets selected as usual.

@Lol: Click on the link and you get a "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!".

Edited by dabus, 19 January 2013 - 10:37 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#864 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for the explanation, - I think I can see what is happening, now.

Latest BWP Essentials (Not My Contributions, - Just A Note To Anyone Who Needs The Link): http://kerzenburg.ba...oads.php?cat=10

#865 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

BiG World Fixpack 1.3 has been released.

#866 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Would someone be able to PM or email it to me? Nobody seems to be updating it here on SHS despite the downloads being fixed, and I'd love to get the new version up! I'd grab it myself but alas seem to be one of the people to whom the domain is denied.

#867 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Would someone be able to PM or email it to me? Nobody seems to be updating it here on SHS despite the downloads being fixed, and I'd love to get the new version up! I'd grab it myself but alas seem to be one of the people to whom the domain is denied.

Try this link: http:// kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/downloads.php?cat=10 (and, yes, it has a space after the http://, which needs to be removed when you use the link :) )

If that fails just send me an email address I can send a copy to.

Edited by Test Person, 22 January 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#868 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Nope, I'm denied access. It's not the first time I've heard of someone having this issue with them, though it is a bit frustrating:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /downloads.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu Port 80

If you could email it to liam.esler@gmail.com that'd be sweet. :)

#869 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

And updated, thanks Test Person :)

#870 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Please fix the name, it is not 11.3.7 but 11.3. This will cause confusion.

#871 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

But confusion is what I like best! I mean, haven't you seen the layout of this forum?

Done ;) 

#872 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

setup-dsotsc.tp2

But confusion is what I like best! I mean, haven't you seen the layout of this forum?

Done ;) 

Anyone notice how good we are all being on this subject? :whistling:

Also, I made a mistake in my update to K'aeloree. - The latest BiG World Fixpack-11.3.7z does address the error in the setup-dsotsc.tp2 file; however, there are still items in the DSoTSC mod which fail to patch correctly, as shown in the following setup-dsotsc.tp2.rej file:

Spoiler

Edited by Test Person, 23 January 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#873 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Sure patching would fail since that's using 2.16 as a basis if you used the current 2.17 dsotsc.

#874 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Sure patching would fail since that's using 2.16 as a basis if you used the current 2.17 dsotsc.

Yes, - that was it, - my archived file had been removed and replaced with the latest version, - thanks.

...so could we have the fixpack updated to take account of DSotSC 2.17, then? :P

Edited by Test Person, 23 January 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#875 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Throne of Bhaal Refinements no longer seems to have its own post (c'mon Lol, - I just know you will put me right on this one! :P ), so I have posted this bug here ...so something can be incorporated into the next fixpack, if it hasn't already:

ERROR Installing the `Revised High Level Abilities' component, rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 753 files for [SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2] component 10.
Uninstalled    753 files for [SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2] component 10.
ERROR: Failure("resource [A#GHAUN.2da] not found for 'COPY'")
Please post the file SETUP-REFINEMENTS.DEBUG at http://forums.spellh...p?showforum=116
Automatically Skipping [Revised High Level Abilities] because of error.
Using Language [English]

Installing [Heal on shifting back to human (Default)] [Refinements v 3.31]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 9556 files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...

Installing [Universal lesser mage robes] [Refinements v 3.31]
Copying and patching 6 files ...

[dialog.tlk] created, 329198 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Revised High Level Abilities

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Heal on shifting back to human (Default)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Universal lesser mage robes

C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>
ERROR: [kitlist.2da] -> [/tmp/kitlist.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [A#GHAUN.2da] not found for 'COPY'"))
ERROR: Failure("resource [A#GHAUN.2da] not found for 'COPY'")
Revised High Level Abilities (Throne of Bhaal Refinements) was not installed due to errors.

There appears to be a solution here: http://www .shsforums.net/topic/55015-bp-and-ia-errors-on-instal/

Edited by Test Person, 24 January 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#876 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Not found for COPY seems to suggest something deleted the file :blink: Can you check your override for it please? Also, try copying the 2DA from within murneth's folder into the override before installing refinements if it's not there :P

The real fix would be to find the prickly  mod that deleted the file though...

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#877 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Not found for COPY seems to suggest something deleted the file :blink: Can you check your override for it please? Also, try copying the 2DA from within murneth's folder into the override before installing refinements if it's not there :P

The real fix would be to find the prickly  mod that deleted the file though...

I think the prickly mod may have already been found, - Dabus has indicated that BWS is overdue for an overhaul (so a number of files have open issues with it, along with a number of mods which are not available using BWS because they don't like them :) ) and, apparently, several annoyances have already been fixed in the standard BWP install, but won't be addressed in BWS until Dabus has the time to update it.

I will update you further on this once I know what the situation is with our latest BWP install, which I am currently working on.

General note: there is a revised Item Revisions, and the IWD Item Pack is available again on the Gibberlings 3 site. - Has anyone got a copy of the Touchstone NPC mod or NMR Happy Patch (definitely not available on trow.cc any longer as a standalone patch)?

Edited by Test Person, 26 January 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#878 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Here they are...

¡Nos vemos!

Attached Files

#879 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Thank-you very much. - Hopefully CamDawg or theacefes will manage to grab a copy, too, seeing as they are currently missing from the G3 site.

#880 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

If I'm not totally wrong, g3 never hosted those files.