Photo

Minsc the Ranger vs. Minsc the Paladin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dakin

Dakin
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

thought i would throw this out to the masses as ive been lurking these forums for a couple years now. But has anyone thought of making a mod that changes minsc from a ranger to a paladin? i mean he does talk all that nonsense about rightous butt kicking and all that

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

Well, using the Level 1 NPCs, you could make Minsc to be Paladin, take a Kit for him etc.
But not really, no. If you have more ideas, I suggests we talk about them...

Now, there are few problems when it comes to being a Paladin for Minsc, for example the Witch thing, where Minsc wishes to protect his Witch, namely Dynaheir in BG1, and later in BG2, Aerie. That's not what a Paladin does, but a Ranger can do, especially if he has had a severe blow to his head. :devil:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Dakin

Dakin
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

i see your point and well taken. maybe not so drastic as a paladin but some sort of knight class would be more fitting. Though i have other ideas for more mods this would be the main lead in to the one that i have in mind and has been an idea for a year or so now

but alas :unsure: as long as ive been lurking these forums i still have no idea how to actually make a mod

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Ya might also wanna download and take a look at the code that assigns kits to other BioWare NPCs, like the NPC Kitpack :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 Dakin

Dakin
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

hmmmm not what i was looking for but have it downloaded for the megamod :cheers: ty though for the info

think i will have to kick my self in the arse and actually learn how to make a mod it seems

#6 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

i always pictured minsc as more of a barbarian or berserker rather than a ranger, i somewhat recall him being a member of the ice troll berserker lodge

though wiki refers to an ice dragon berserker lodge...
http://en.wikipedia...._computer_games

#7 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

Yup i agree with Discordia at last Minsc fot BTG/TUTU can be a Berserker but not a paladin and at last in BG1 is the strongest NPC so change class can mane him useless but the mod will be yours so good luck

#8 Dakin

Dakin
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:58 PM

thank you for the wiki info i had no idea about all that. maybe changing him into what he origanally was might be the best solution...but off to the school house going to teach my self how to mod this weekend