• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

I was a rogue and I took with me Alistair, Wynne and Oghren. I really wanted to be friends with Morrigan, but she whined so much about every little thing I said or did, that I had to replace her with the granny! I mostly played a good character - didn't really feel like kicking orphans in the gut.

I thought about naming my hound Bishop, but settled for a kind of funnier name - Munchos.

Alistair seemed quite alright to me in the beginning. I thought they finally made a good guy who was also funny (and not just 'Old Owl Well' over and over x.x) . He got kind of pathetic with the king business, though. If you're gonna act like an incapable clown, stay in the back, please. >.> I still romanced him and not the promiscuous elf. What's up with bad guys being in it only for the sex, and then running away from you? And talking about all the women they've been with? Yuck. Mating with a shapechanger also sounds nasty, but if she was bi, I'd have tried to play a baddie and romance Morrigan, but she isn't... she was a ***** to me over and over. :(

Spoilers:
Spoiler

Amen to that! I just hated that scene. Seriously Bioware, you have to make us *watch*?!?!

Spoiler

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#82 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

what the hell? there's NPC/NPC romance is this game? Oo

Anyway, I've just bought this game and I will be rolling Mage (possibly spirit healer later on) and I have decided to take Alastiar and Zevran for romance and also Morrigan since a lot of people seem to say she is the best NPC to have around (kinda reminds me of Safiya from MotB)

#83 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

what the hell? there's NPC/NPC romance is this game? Oo

No not really, which was something I found disappointing. It would have been great to listen to, but most of the NPCs seem to spend all their time disagreeing with each other.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#84 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

Well, considering Morrigan/Alistair relationship and things that happen at the end of the game - I thought it was a perfect romance, actually! :)

Seriously, though, there's an awful lot of flirting. Zevran(I slit his throat in every game, but in the first two I took him along) flirts with everyone, including Oghren and Wynne; Oghren flirts with PC and other girls; Leliana flirts with Morrigan; Alistair, well... is Alistair, and Sten doesn't know what flirting is. In other words, the only one who stays out of romancing business completely is probably Dog.