Newbie need a little help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Sebarbar-

-Sebarbar-

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hi there!

I haven't played the game since 7 years or so. Because of this I need now some help. I have really no idea about modding this game ;)

I have downloaded the actual Tashia Remix and installed it. But in the game all dialouge with her is in english. But saw in /Baldurs Gate 2/Tashia serveral folders with languages, like german, spain and so on.

Is there an Option to switch the Dialogues with her in german? There are many .tre files but i don't have an idea what I have to do with them :/

Sorry for my bad english. I hope it's not too bad!
Thanks!

German:
Ich habe das Spiel seit 7 Jahren nicht mehr gespielt und deswegen brauche ich nun ein wenig Hilfe, denn vom Modden habe ich bei diesem Spiel absolut keine Ahnung ;)
Ich habe den aktuellen Tashia Remix heruntergeladen und auch installiert. Im Spiel sind alle Dialoge mit ihr aber in Englisch. Allerdings habe ich im Spielordner /Baldurs Gate 2 /Tashia verschiedene Ordner mit Sprachen entdeckt.
Gibt es da eine Möglichkeit Tashias Dialoge auf Deutsch zu stellen? Da sind viele .tre Daten aber ich habe echt keine Ahnung, was ich mit denen machen soll :/

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

If the mod is the last mod you installed, you can go and uninstall the mod, by first going to the game directory and starting the Setup-Tashia.exe, and uninstalling the mod, then restarting the Setup-Tashia.exe, and selecting the German as language...

Playing the mod will most certainly require you to re-start the game.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -Sebarbar-

-Sebarbar-

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the help, but it does not work :/
I deinstalled the mod, installed it again but the setup choose automatically american / english :/
Have I overseen something or must the main game deinstalled and reinstalled, too or must I install TOB too?

Greetz
Sebarbar

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

Ups, well the translations have been quoted out, perhaps because they aren't current anymore with the v1.1 .
So if you could find a person that can provide you with the translation to the needed lines, you could recode this:
/*
LANGUAGE ~Francais (traduction de Yoho)~
		 ~french~
		 ~tashia/american/wsetup.tra~
		 ~tashia/french/wsetup.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Deusch (Uebersetzung von maus)~
		 ~deutsch~
		 ~tashia/deutsch/wsetup.tra~
*/
Into this:
/*
LANGUAGE ~Francais (traduction de Yoho)~
		 ~french~
		 ~tashia/american/wsetup.tra~
		 ~tashia/french/wsetup.tra~
*/
LANGUAGE ~Deusch (Uebersetzung von maus)~
		 ~deutsch~
		 ~tashia/deutsch/wsetup.tra~
/*
*/

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 November 2009 - 09:14 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.