DA: Origins & Awakening Patches - Latest: 1.05

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Need more content! Allready beat it twice last night with my mage...time for the rogue...then after I beat it with that maybe take a break a week or two off from it and get the rest of the achievements and what not...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#22 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

Apparently, they've announced on Facebook that there's something special going to happen today, so maybe we'll get more DLCs, so perhaps more content is on the way.

As for the grey screenshots, I don't know why it's random for you, Archmage Silver, they're always *grey* for me inside the game (just fine in Explorer). Not exactly a deal-breaker, but still... :( I'll have to go check it out over at the Bioware forums (but they're a little buggy lately, they kinda come and go).

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#23 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:44 AM

The last two bits are apparently only designed for folks who had trouble starting DA after applying the first version of the patch. Maybe this would be of some interest to berelinde at least (few posts up)?

I've been hesitant to try it. The last time I did, I spent some seven hours fooling with it and still had to reinstall the game. And I'm not sure if I'd lose my DLC if I had to reinstall at this point.

Edit: About the screenshots, the only two that are greyed out for me are the two where I got the romance achievements. There's probably a reason for that.

Edited by berelinde, 19 November 2009 - 06:46 AM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#24 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:14 AM

I finally got around to trying the patch 1.01b. It worked, from what I can see.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#25 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

Good to hear that they managed to fix the problems.

#26 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

I applied patch 1.o1b, and after that when I opened the map the game froze....... nearly every time.

I was forced to do a total reinstall, but fortunately my downloaded content was not lost.

#27 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:43 AM

A hefty new patch has been released for Dragon Age, updating the game to version 1.02. Patch details. Updated first post.

#28 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:49 AM

Thank you for letting us know so quickly!

The spells Force Field, Crushing Prison, Cone of Cold, and Blizzard now have shorter durations and/or longer cooldowns. This ensures that combatants can no longer stun-lock each other by repeatedly casting the same spell.

Awww... :(

I wonder, though: surely they know about glitching epilogues already. I thought that'd be easier to correct than daggers. But I wouldn't know. Sigh. Well, hopefully there'll be more fixes soon! :)

#29 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

I wonder, though: surely they know about glitching epilogues already. I thought that'd be easier to correct than daggers. But I wouldn't know. Sigh. Well, hopefully there'll be more fixes soon! :)

We can only hope!!!... :(

Thanks for letting us know about the update, Archmage Silver!!! ^_^

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#30 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

The spells Force Field, Crushing Prison, Cone of Cold, and Blizzard now have shorter durations and/or longer cooldowns. This ensures that combatants can no longer stun-lock each other by repeatedly casting the same spell.

Yep, this was starting to get a little exploitational. :)

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#31 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for pinning the thread, cmorgan.

#32 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

Cheers! (still planning my assault on the Dwarven holdings, and just picked up Shale and a wicked glowing blue longsword... otherwise I would participate more on your threads, Archemage Silver. Concert and grading season - little time to play, something that I am rectifying when vacation hits :) )

#33 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

A slight update has been released for patch 1.02, which is now known as patch 1.02a. Patch details. Updated first post.

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

Patch 1.03 has been released in anticipation of Awakening. Patch details. Updated first post.

#35 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:32 AM

These monkeys! They *still* haven't fixed epilogues or multiple items! Grr! And hmph, too.

#36 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

But they think they've fixed the memory leak. Endless loadscreens are far worse than laughing at an inaccurate epilogue, but to each his own.

berelinde's mods

#37 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

Well, they think they've fixed a major cause for the long load times, hinting that there are more than one, and that they haven't fixed all of them.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 10 March 2010 - 09:36 AM.

#38 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

It's not just epilogues glitching right now: it's the exp exploit, the lyrium exploit and the "sell twice" or "buy multiple tomes" exploit, not to mention various dialogue glitches.

I'd like to try the "load screen" thingy and update the patch, but several people in social.bioware.com mentioned that patch 1.03 breaks stealing and causes more crashes. So, um, I think I'll wait.

#39 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

I've gone ahead and installed 1.03, and I'll be playing Return to Ostagar (I finally got it today) tomorrow, so I'll make a post if anything comes up.

#40 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

BioWare on DA PS3 Patch:

We are very pleased to announce that there will be a PS3 patch available later tonight for the Playstation 3 version of Dragon Age: Origins. The patch is expected at 12 Midnight tonight PST for North America. We do not have an exact time for Europe, but we hope the times will be as close together as possible.

This patch will fix the recent crashing that was caused by the upgrade to the 3.3 firmware update. It will also fix the in-game DLC store to show free DLC content redeemed with promo codes and it will also fix the bug with darkspawn trophies. So again this patch will fix:

• Crashing caused by the 3.3 firmware update
  • Missing free DLC content in the in-game store
  • Darkspawn trophies
Big thanks go out to the team and to the good folks at Sony for making this a priority to help us launch The Darkspawn Chronicles which will be available starting tomorrow.

Darkspawn Chronicles will be available for the PS3 in North America at approximately 4pm PST tomorrow May 18. It will be available for Europe on Wednesday May 19, when we know the time, we will let you know.

UPDATE - The PS3 patch is now available to fans in Europe AND in North America.