Photo

Virus in Tashia Remix v1.1 !!!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Dot

Dot
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

I am just a newcomer feeling interested in Tashia, and I ask for some help here.

Well, just as the topic said, I found a virus name "DR/Delphi.Gen" so that I can't setup the file @@.

My software is Avira AntiVir Personal.

Can anyone offer me another link?? Thank you.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 3412 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

It's a false-positive :D Don't worry!!!

If you have the option to submit the file to Avira for testing, do so ... The definitions will be updated within a few days to NOT classify the file as a virus :D (btw, besides Tashia Remix v1.1, this problem also exists in Kivan and Deheriana Companions v8.1 ;))

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Dot

Dot
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:17 AM

It's a false-positive :D Don't worry!!!

If you have the option to submit the file to Avira for testing, do so ... The definitions will be updated within a few days to NOT classify the file as a virus :D (btw, besides Tashia Remix v1.1, this problem also exists in Kivan and Deheriana Companions v8.1 ;))

Cheers,
Lol

Huh!!!

This is my first time to encounter this kind of problem :blink: or maybe not just I didn't sense it.....

Anyway, thank you for helping me :rolleyes:

#4 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

Well, I don't want someone to accidentally leave themselves open...

Another individual is up on the problem, I believe. Sorry I can't do more on my end (I was just mainly the writer)
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9157 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

There wasn't any virus, don't worry--it's a false positive. Some virus scanners think WeiDU is a virus.

Well, it sort of it, but only from the perspective that once you get the WeiDU illness, it takes a long while until you get better. :P

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 3412 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

Hmm, actually, I was wondering why only these 2 mods get cast out while many others in .exe packages are left as they are. At my end, my antivirus (avast) leaves them be while a-squared detects these 2 as Generic Trojans (but it does has a high False Positive-rating :P)

Btw, it doesn't seem to be the Seup-XXX's included that's the problem. Specifically, for Tashia, it's the music.exe file in the mod folder that gives this, and for kivan, it's the archive package itself :o

Someone with a better connection than mine should probably upload both mods to virustotal and sticky their results until the false-positives are gone :P (it always fails when I upload :crying:)

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 08 December 2009 - 10:15 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Well, I don't want someone to accidentally leave themselves open...

Another individual is up on the problem, I believe. Sorry I can't do more on my end (I was just mainly the writer)

Well, you could always update the WeiDU.exe to v212(00) from the archives inhere.

There wasn't any virus, don't worry--it's a false positive. Some virus scanners think WeiDU.exe is a virus.

:devil:
And technically portion of the WeiDU.exe's code has the resemblance of a virus, so it's detected as one. <_<
Cerberus v1.05, MegaModKits v1.01L, iiSpellSystemAdjustments v7.1; mods by Jarno Mikkola the Imp. FAQ for the Megamods. The Frequently Answered Questions.
BWS - Standard = not imba items spells or cheats. Tactical = AI hardly stupid = stupid hard. Expert = broke.
In case the BG2 game crashes post the content of your baldur.err file. To get it to record stuff, open up the 'baldur.ini' in your game folder with Notepad, and under the [Program Options] section in the file, make a new line and type in 'Logging On=1' (without the '' quotes, unless the line is already there)... Save the file and exit. Now go back into the game and try to reproduce the crash. Then look in your game folder again for the Baldur.err file and open it with the Notepad to analyze its contents, or let us do it.
Posted Image

I am afraid of nothing.

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

In the next version of Tashia, the music.exe is removed and the oggdec.exe is used.
See here for the recent news.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 3412 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:27 AM

Umm, just letting you know that Tashia's music.exe is being (falsely) detected as a Generic-Trojan by Avast starting from 18-01-2010 ... (makes me paranoid since it's almost never wrong ... except that one time when it totally broke some PCs :P but that's ancient now :D)

It'd be great if it could be updated soon ...

Reply to this topic