Bug list *spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#101 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:25 AM

One small glitch in Mage Origin, the Fade: right before the battle with the demon Mouse tries to speak to you. It should be his line "and there is a spirit of rage". However, this line is "stuck" in his player-initiated slot, so if you talk to him right after the Sloth demon encounter(when he is in bear form), he will say this line(which looks out of context), and then, when you enter the small glade with the rage demon, Mouse initiates talk, but his player-initiated menu shows, instead. I think it may be a glitch.

#102 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

Tested and confirmed, nice catch. Fixed. (Note that you had to have also gotten his first talk about where the demon spawns for this to happen).

Qwinn

#103 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:55 AM

L.4.: "Something Wicked": Clicking twice on the same clue, or asking the beggar about "Bad Men" twice in one conversation, would screw up the quest journal updates. (Fix tested)

L.5.: "Something Wicked": Telling Otto about the beggar wasn't registering as a "clue" if you told him about that one first. He'd then refer to your "both your clues" when you had to give him 3. (Fix tested)

Edited by Qwinn, 14 April 2010 - 03:13 AM.

#104 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:28 AM

A.2. The following plot items will now actually be removed from inventory when they are given to someone or their associated quest completed: Scroll of Banastor ("The Scrolls of Banastor"), Corpse Gall ("Skin Deep"), Topsider's Hilt, Pommel and Blade ("An Admirable Topsider"), Grey Warden Documents (given to Riordan during or after "Rescue the Queen"), Worn Amulet ("Hearing Voices"), Rigby's Last Will and Testament IF lockbox given to Jetta ("Last Will and Testament"). In addition, the Blackstone quest "Notices of Death" now gives the PC 4 letters of condolences, not 5, as there were only 4 widows this would leave an extra letter in the PC's inventory at quest end.

Edited by Qwinn, 14 April 2010 - 06:15 AM.

#105 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:50 AM

AHA!

Copy and pasted from an old thread on BioWare's forums:

I'm on my second playthrough at the moment and somehow I've managed to activate the Trial of the Crows quest before I've even begun any of the four main Blight quests. I found the boy messenger just standing rather inconspicuously near the top right corner of the Denerim Market District and decided to talk to him. In addition to the generic floaty message response, the Crow quest was triggered completely out of sequence. I was able to talk to Master Ignacio about assassinations whilst he was still standing next to Cesar at the market stall, about subjects that have yet to occur.

As I recall the boy should find you and tell you to speak to Ignacio in the tavern, after Zevran's failure.

Found it! It was *not* stealth patched, it was just tricky as hell to find. Trial of Crows was indeed being triggered by talking to the messenger as part of the Crime Wave 3rd pickpocketing quest. Aaaand it's now fixed.

F.4. "Crime Wave", subquest "Steal Master Tilver's Key". Talking to the messenger boy during this quest would (possibly very prematurely) initiate the "Trial of Crows" quest line, even before ever meeting Zevran or talking to Ignacio. This caused all kinds of havoc with that quest chain. (Fix tested)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 14 April 2010 - 06:59 AM.

#106 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:05 AM

The "Extraneous Plot Items Removed" fix is updated... I think this is about the most I can do:

The following plot items will now actually be removed from inventory when they are given to someone or their associated quest completed:

Scroll of Banastor ("The Scrolls of Banastor")
Corpse Gall ("Skin Deep")
Topsider's Hilt, Pommel and Blade ("An Admirable Topsider")
Grey Warden Documents (given to Riordan during or after "Rescue the Queen")
Worn Amulet ("Hearing Voices")
Feldspar Ring ("Have You Seen Me?")
Rigby's Last Will and Testament IF lockbox given to Jetta ("Last Will and Testament")
A Letter ("Friends of Red Jenny")
Bundled Testimonies ("Defending the Collective")

In addition, accepting the Blackstone quest "Notices of Death" now gives the PC 4 letters of condolences, not 5, as there were only 4 widows this would leave an extra letter in the PC's inventory at quest end.

In my game, the only plot items that leaves in my inventory after I've finished every side quest I'm aware of and just before the Landsmeet are:

Silversmith's Key (from Crime Wave. Since it can open 2 chests, however, and opening the first chest advances the quest, I don't see a good time to get rid of it)
Ancient Treaties (sounds like something you *would* keep forever)
Paedan's Orders (looks like a pure flavor item, and at least has an interesting description to keep around, it's the first Trial of Crows quest and I don't see why the Crows would want this item)
Letter ("A letter found in Berwick's possession"): This is from the elf in Redcliffe. You can pickpocket and show it to him, or he'll give it to you during his conversation, I see no other use for it.

Would be neat if those last two could be used as evidence during the Landsmeet, but I don't believe they can be.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 14 April 2010 - 11:27 AM.

#107 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

"A Change In Leadership": In this last quest for the Blackstone Irregulars, you will no longer meet Taoran in a random encounter before talking to Raelnor in Denerim. That you could do so was definitely a bug, and could easily make this quest uncompletable. (Fix tested)

Aaand, sheesh, found yet another plot item that doesn't go away when you give it away, "Bundled Testimonies" for the "Defending the Collective" quest (it is removed properly if you do "Defying the Collective" instead).

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 14 April 2010 - 11:15 AM.

#108 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

In the conversation with Cauthrien just before the Landsmeet, what was meant to be a high Persuade check was actually checking for high skill with Poison. (Fix tested)

#109 Jewels

Jewels
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

I'm wondering, as excellent as these fixes may be, if an official patch is released that addresses a few of the issues fixed here but not the others, how would that affect playability?

#110 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

I'll be putting a caveat in the readme not to play it with any patch post 1.03... when a new patch comes out, I'll spend some time checking for compatibility issues. Really no other way to handle it.

Still, I don't imagine it'll be that big a deal. And if you want to disable the fixpack and force load a save game that was created *with* the fixpack, I don't think that'll present any problems.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 14 April 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#111 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

"Crime Wave", subquest "Tears of Andraste": The guards *were* coded to react to your poisoning the drinks table, but due to a scripting error it just wasn't firing properly. I made it fire and I also move them a little during that sequence so they don't fall through the walls quite so much. Now if you find it surprising that a sleeping draught can make someone bleed, hey, me too, but that's apparently as was intended, and the blood does fade away after a few seconds. (Fix tested)

Edited by Qwinn, 14 April 2010 - 10:05 PM.

#112 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

Just wondering... has anyone ever seen Dog during the coronation? I've only finished the game twice as a human noble, this time he's definitely not there and I don't remember him last time either.

I'm wondering if it's because it checks that Dog has been recruited, and as a human noble maybe the flag for that isn't set the way it is for others?

Anyway

#113 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

Never mind, I see that he IS there, near Sten, he's just not interactive. Not sure why not, he does have an epilogue dialogue file. Okay, so it's just "Happy Bark", but it's something. I'm already tweaking that file, so I think I'll make him interactive.

And I believe that'll be it for v1 of the Fixpack. Gonna start putting the final package together now. Will probably release as a project on bio forums to start with, will add a link here when it's ready.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 15 April 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#114 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

Eh, I tried it... yes, that definitely IS your dog near Sten. But if he's made interactive, all he does when you click on him is stringhead "(Happy Bark!)"... and he doesn't actually bark. Meh. Still, looking around on the Wikis and stuff, not having him interactive means a lot of people (including myself, just a short while ago) totally miss him and don't even realize he's there, and even when he is spotted, it's just conjecture as to whether or not it's *your* dog. So... whatcha all think? Interactive silent-happy-bark-stringheading Dog, or no?

EDIT: Hmm, if someone wants to get me a short .wav clip of a Dog bark, with the same settings as I gave Darziak on the last page, I can attach it so at least it's not silent. If someone can get me that, then I'll definitely make him interactive for that much.

(Oddly enough, dog00cr_main.fsb doesn't have a single dog bark in the entire very long file, still looking for one)

EDIT 2: Wow. If there's a sound file anywhere that has a dog bark in it, the word "dog" is not part of the file name. Never mind.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 15 April 2010 - 01:23 PM.

#115 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:06 AM

Isn't there a mabari or wolf file that might have a bark?

#116 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

After checking my save games, the following plot item should be removed during the Mage Origin: Signed Rod of Fire Request Form. I still have it in my Post-Coronation save games, although Owain should take it in exchange for a Rod of Fire during the Mage Origin.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 16 April 2010 - 08:46 AM.

#117 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

Nice catch AS, that'll be fixed in the mini update I do this weekend. Here's the changelog for that, copied from the project comments:

Ok, yes, I'll be putting 1.1 out within a day or two. Then I'll do some publicizing... right now the only announcements I've posted are here and SHS.

Anyways, 1.1 will be pretty small. 5 things:

1. Updating the information for the mod itself in the Downloadable Content tab.

2. As requested, rune slots on Ageless will be enabled on drop. Making the fixed item a core resource, so it should keep the slots if taken into Awakening.

3. The Stealing and Dog Fetch fixed scripts will be made a core resource, meaning the fix should work in Awakening and other mods.

Note that the above 2 and 3 are the *only* core resources to date in the Fixpack. Everything else is 100% limited to the Origins single player game (although additional item drops that are already core resources - which should be all of them - will still persist through to Awakening).

4. Another extraneous plot item removed: "Signed Rod of Fire Request Form" removed upon acquiring the Rod of Fire during the Mage Origin.

5. A fix to a fix:

"3. Ser Cauthrien would show up in the epilogue *only* if you killed her just before the Landsmeet. Obviously an error. She will now only appear in the epilogue if you did *not* kill her just before the Landsmeet or during "Rescue the Queen" (meaning, you didn't wipe out her entire group)."

My fix in 1.0 did nothing. Ser Cauthrien never shows up in the post-coronation, which is the only script I "fixed". She may show up at the funeral, and I didn't compile that script. So, v1.0 had no effect on Cauthrien in the epilogue, v1.1 fixes her condition for showing up at the funeral.

Just thought you'd like to know what's coming down the pike, so you can decide if you want to wait.

Qwinn

#118 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

Hmmm, actually, I think that a signed form *is* consumed when you get a rod of fire from Owain... the problem may be that you can get multiple signed forms. Looking into it.

Qwinn

#119 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

Hmmm, actually, I think that a signed form *is* consumed when you get a rod of fire from Owain... the problem may be that you can get multiple signed forms. Looking into it.

Qwinn

Never noticed it if you can, but there does exist a non-signed Rod of Fire Request Form, which is supposedly consumed when getting a single signed one (which I retained).

I don't know if there's anything else to it, but those are all that's shown on the plot item list.

#120 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

Before I forget, just saw these:
- Human Noble's dog is silent in Ostagar - when clicked on, there's a line "Happy Bark", but no sound.
- Mage Origin, two apprentices talk about someone being a blood mage in apprentices's dormitory. Line with "force demons into your service" is silent - you can hear it only from one very specific angle.
- Quest from Blackstone Irregulars, letters of condolence, girl in Denerim Market District - after giving her a letter, quest doesn't get updated, and the letter doesn't disappear from the inventory.