Interviews:
Adrien Cho @ The Guardian

#22 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:07 AM

HOT TOPIC:

BioWare, a division of EA, today revealed 'The Cerberus Network', an in-game portal in Mass Effect 2 that will keep fans engaged with the rich and dynamic Mass Effect universe through downloadable content (DLC) and news. 'The Cerberus Network' is activated exclusively by original purchasers of Mass Effect 2 through a single-use unlock code that comes included in retail and digital versions of the game worldwide. 'The Cerberus Network' is a conduit for players to receive bonus content as well as daily messages and news on upcoming releases for Mass Effect 2 for no extra charge. For players who do not buy the game new, 'The Cerberus Network' can be unlocked through a one-time, in-game purchase of a new activation code*.

Mass Effect 2 is the first blockbuster video game release of 2010, having recently been named as one of the "Most Anticipated Games of the Year" by the New York Times, IGN and Wired.

"The Cerberus Network augments and extends the rich universe of Mass Effect 2," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder, BioWare and Group General Manager of the RPG/MMO Group of EA. "We're thrilled to be able to reward loyal BioWare and Mass Effect fans with ongoing, high quality content and provide a direct channel for our players to dive deeper into the intriguing lore of Mass Effect."

Players who access 'The Cerberus Network' will receive the first DLC pack on January 26th (launch day in North America) featuring new missions and in-game items. Included in this pack is a mission that introduces Zaeed, a rugged and deadly gun-for-hire who is recruited to join Commander Shepard's mission to save mankind.

After launch, BioWare will release another DLC pack for Mass Effect 2 that introduces the Hammerhead, a new vehicle in the Mass Effect universe. This agile hover tank features improved handling on rough terrain and maneuvers deftly in combat -- a necessity for players traveling across harsh planetary environments throughout the galaxy. In addition to this new vehicle, BioWare will release new missions and unique in-game items, including Cerberus Assault Armor which boost shields, health and heavy weapon ammo and the M-22 Eviscerator Shotgun.

The Mass Effect trilogy is an epic science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding a crew of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it's potentially suicidal. Featuring intense shooter action, a rich futuristic storyline, stunning space exploration and emotionally engaging characters, the game delivers an unparalleled cinematic experience.

Mass Effect 2 is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system and PC on January 26, 2010 in North America and January 29, 2010 in Europe and has been rated 'M' for Mature by the ESRB and '18+' by PEGI. For more news from the development team, please follow us on Twitter at masseffect2 or visit the game's official website at the Official Website.

Zaeed and uncharted worlds will supposedly be offered free to players who register.

Other News:
OXM Summarizes Released ME2 Data
ME2 Universe Update: The Collectors, Thane
The Soundtrack is Released
Watch the Mass Effect 2 Live Broadcast: January 21st at 12:00pm PST @ Xfire
Scy vs Fy + Art of the Game

#23 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:56 AM

Interviews:
Casey Hudson (2/4) @ GameZone
Sci Vs Fi, Part 2 @ GameTrailers

Universe:
Jacob, Nuke Gun

Edited by Archmage Silver, 21 January 2010 - 11:40 AM.

#24 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

RIGHT NOW: Live ME2 with Christina Norman and Jesse Houston, ME2 devs.

EDIT: Aaand over. Was well-worth the watch!

DOWNLOAD THE STREAM

#25 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, I took a glimpse as well.

The Launch Trailer (Very Cool™):
Watch It
Download It (720p Quicktime 112MB)

#26 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:58 AM

Some interesting news regarding the DLC [Source]:

The announcement of Mass Effect 2's in-game DLC pipeline, "Cerberus Network," left some details unclear. For example, will DLC through Cerberus be free, since the network itself costs money to install for those without a code from a new copy of the game ($15, to be exact, as reported by Bitmob)? And will DLC only be available through Cerberus?

In a video interview with Joystiq (to be published later today), BioWare's Dr. Greg Zeschuk cleared up some of the confusion around the DLC portal. "We'll definitely have for-pay DLC down the road too," he said, revealing that the DLC through Cerberus will be free. "It's not going to be all free DLC for Mass Effect 2 -- far from that. There'll be paid DLC packs, and there'll be stuff available through Cerberus as well."

The way Zeschuk puts it, there will be two separate types of DLC: free material that is offered through the Cerberus Network and paid DLC that can be purchased without Cerberus (through BioWare or Xbox Live Marketplace).

Claimed first full ME2 review:
Mass Effect 2 PC Review @ IGN

#27 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

Spoiler warning.

This is a spoiler for awesomeness.

this makes me want to get Mordin first.

It's a spoiler, by the way.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#28 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

News:
Official Cerberus Data
Informative Save Game Import Video @ IGN
Mark Meer Interview, Voice of Commander Shepard
New Frequently Asked Questions Section @ BioWare

#29 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Interviews:
ME2 Lead Producer Adrien Cho @ Gamasutra

Reviews:
OXM UK
Videogamer.com
Games Radar
Eurogamer
PlanetXbox360
Destructoid
GameSpy
Gamer Limit
CVG
IGN AU
IGN UK
1Up
GameSpot
GamePro
NowGamer

Edited by Archmage Silver, 26 January 2010 - 02:11 PM.

#30 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

As the news are all over the Internet and many people are already playing the game itself, I'm not posting any more updates unless it's something big.

#31 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

Spoiler warning.

Snarfed diet coke on my keyboard. OK, I give up. I have not gotten ME1 yet, have not completed a full run of X3:TC, am still wandering around Caladria in unmodded Mount&Blade, have yet to finally complete the last battle sequence in DA:O, my i.e. modding is off pace by almost 11 months, my Civ 4 Romans are still in the dark ages, I have three huge battles ready for resolution in R:TW (modded original), I have not touched EU2 in almost a year...

and they go and make it absolutely necessary that I have to own ME2.

#32 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:11 AM

Spoiler warning.

Snarfed diet coke on my keyboard. OK, I give up. I have not gotten ME1 yet, have not completed a full run of X3:TC, am still wandering around Caladria in unmodded Mount&Blade, have yet to finally complete the last battle sequence in DA:O, my i.e. modding is off pace by almost 11 months, my Civ 4 Romans are still in the dark ages, I have three huge battles ready for resolution in R:TW (modded original), I have not touched EU2 in almost a year...

and they go and make it absolutely necessary that I have to own ME2.

Ah, another Mount and Blade fan. It's one of my favourite games, when I have time to get really into a game. Though I'll admit I'm using the Lords and Realms mod. Looking forward to the Warlords expansion this year, when my all-conquering nomad khan Subadai will ride again.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#33 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

Since my copy of the Collector's Edition still hasn't arrived, I guess I can eat my previous words and post more news to pass the time:

DLC News:
Zaeed DLC Now Available

Reviews:
Edge Online
Ars Technica
AtomicGamer
Bit-tech
GameDaily
IncGamers
Joystiq
ActionTrip
MTV

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Impressions:
ME2 - First Impressions @ GearDiary

#35 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

News:
What You Didn't Know About Mass Effect 2 - A Game & Its Development

On other news, BioWare has stated that new free content via the Cerberus Network is coming soon™. This is most likely in reference to the M57 Hammerhead.

#36 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

I found this useful to determine what weapons I should use.

It shows weapon information.

#37 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:19 AM

News:
ME2 Article @ The Brainy Gamer
ME2 Review @ ComputerGames.ro
ME2 Free DLC @ BioWare Social Site

#38 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:31 PM

Tech Analysis - What Has Improved

#39 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

Articles:
Mass Effect 2 as RPG: New, and Improved?
Review @ GameBanshee
Mass Effect: Redemption #3 - Comic Preview

Spoilers:
Plot Analysis, Part 1
Plot Analysis, Part 2
Plot Analysis, Part 3

#40 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:48 AM

Ouch.

Can't help but agree with the plot analysis.
One thing this game requires is lots of suspension of disbelief.
Luckily it's fun enough otherwise, so it comes naturally.