ME2 News

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#121 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:39 AM

Not really news but they released X360 ME2 avatar outfits...........that you buy.

Posted Image Posted Image

Too bad they didn't make it as rewards, like unlocking me1 gamerpics.

Edited by Darziak, 23 June 2010 - 02:21 AM.

#122 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

News:
Free Comic @ Courtesy of BioWare, Dark Horse and IGN

#123 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:58 AM

News:
The Origin of the Illusive Man Comic

#124 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:21 AM

Lair of the Shadow Broker announced.

Lair of the Shadow Broker
2010.07.22 | Posted by Nickmo

The latest Mass Effect 2 DLC has been revealed, Lair of the Shadow Broker!

Two years ago, Commander Shepard died and Liara T'Soni fought in a desperate struggle against the Shadow Broker to recover her former Commander. Now that Shepard is back, it's time to even the score.

Team up with Liara and confront the mysterious and sinister Shadow Broker in the latest expansion to Mass Effect 2, coming soon! In the mean time check out three new screenshots and stay tuned for more info on Lair of the Shadow Broker.

I suspect this might be the start of something Bioware have suggested before, DLC that bridges the gap between ME2 and ME3. But what do I know. :unsure:

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#125 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

PICS.

NOW.

Spoiler

Also, the new gun Shepard's holding in pic 3 apparently does not come with the DLC.

(Which kind of makes me wonder how long those dickbags are going to sit on it. Expect it to be bundled with another awful-looking helmet or two for in Septermber or something, I guess.)

#126 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

I'm disappointed that they're going to deal with the Shadow Broker in a DLC. It's so cheap to deal with such a massive figure in galactic politics in an optional piece of content. What'll it be like for anyone who doesn't buy it? The death of the Shadow Broker will have massive consequences for the political structure of the galaxy. They'll be forced to have a single line of throwaway dialogue to explain the difference!

I'll still buy it though.

Also, Liara is alongside Shepard, Tali and Garrus in one of those pics. Does that mean she'll be an ally rather than an actual squadmate for the duration of the DLC?

#127 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

It's so cheap to deal with such a massive figure in galactic politics in an optional piece of content. What'll it be like for anyone who doesn't buy it?

This is basically my concern as well. Maybe they prefer to keep ME3 an "epic showdown" and not involve the more subtle politics much? Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Also, Liara is alongside Shepard, Tali and Garrus in one of those pics. Does that mean she'll be an ally rather than an actual squadmate for the duration of the DLC?

Probably. I don't think they'll be adding any more squad mates, even temporary ones. That's just a guess, though.

#128 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

News:
The Replay Value of RPGs @ Bitmob
Retribution Book Released @ BioWare
Evolution Comic Book Series Revealed @ IGN

#129 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

As announced by BioWare during the live internet feed part of EA Gamescom 2010, Mass Effect 2 will be released for PS3 in January 2011. No word on Mass Effect 1.

#130 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:04 AM

News:
Mordin Solus Part 2 @ Twenty Sided

#131 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:22 AM

Casey Hudson talks with IGN about how your actions are helping BioWare design its next hit.

Posted Image

#132 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:20 AM

That's interesting, although I don't know if I want them to just look at the stats and go "Oh, that's not working, let's cut it". We'll see how it all turns out, but you can already tell that the future belongs to the mainstream audience, and not the old school RPG audience, which is something many of us here are a part of.

• There are people who played a single playthrough for 66 hours

Hey, I got on the list!

#133 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

...as for the accuracy of those stats... no comment.

CREEPY.jpg

#134 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

So, my second ME2 playthrough was with a female engineer - with a custom face. And I still haven't completed ME2 with a soldier; though I will have soon.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#135 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

And I tend to play as a female Infiltrator or Vanguard.

Heh.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#136 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

News:
Mordin Solus Part 3 @ Twenty Sided

#137 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

News:
Mordin Solus Part 4 @ Twenty Sided
Mass Effect 1 Introductory Module For PS3 @ CVG

#138 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

Mass Effect 2 wins 'game of year' at Golden Joysticks

#139 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

Wow I did not think many people would change Shepards face...Personally since its not you per say I keep his face the way it is...anyone else do so as well?

And damn I did not think 80 give or take would also be just male Shepard...guess all that juicy good voice acting by Jennifer Hale is going to waste!

And seriously beat Mass Effect 2 28 times? Damn thats crazy! And here I thought I played Dragon Age too much by beating it as every origin you can play as!

Edited by Vicen, 03 November 2010 - 12:35 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#140 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

I've been through it, I think, 12 times now. I redid a couple of those, though, because I wasn't happy with the way they turned out, exactly.
I always make a custom face. That's half the fun of it. And I generally play more male than female but I have my females for the Garrus romance because he's awesome. :wub: