ME2 News

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#101 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

However it is ruined by those godawful sunglasses.

I'd be happier without them, agreed. The one attractive thing about Jack is her eyes, shame to have to cover them in order to get the rest of her to stop inducing constant facepalm. That said, I'd probably still use the new appearance. The glasses are, I think, more tolerable than the original clothes.

Or I would, if it were free.

Thane doesn't need glasses either, IMO, his eyes were one of his cooler aspects.

How much is 160 bioware points in cash anyway?

EDIT: Looked it up. It's actually only $2. Eh, for a measly $2 I might go for it, that's what, the price of 5 cigarettes these days? I'll have to think about it, but it may be worth it just to fix Garrus's #*&#@* armor. It becomes available today, btw, same time as Firewalker (which I've been really looking forward to).

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 22 March 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#102 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

How much is 160 bioware points in cash anyway?

EDIT: Looked it up. It's actually only $2. Eh, for a measly $2 I might go for it, that's what, the price of 5 cigarettes these days? I'll have to think about it, but it may be worth it just to fix Garrus's #*&#@* armor.

Each to his own, but I wouldn't pay for the change of a design choice generally regarded as poor. They should provide an alternative for free in my opinion.

It becomes available today, btw, same time as Firewalker (which I've been really looking forward to).

And if you think about it, it's not a coincidence. It's always easier to get people to pay for something small on the side when the main content of the day is regarded as free.

And yes, it's one of those days when I'm being critical for a change.

Edit: And as long as we're on the topic of DLC:

The Kasumi – Stolen Memory PDLC pack will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system at a cost of 560 Microsoft points, and on PC for 560 BioWare points or $7.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 23 March 2010 - 06:37 AM.

#103 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:45 AM

Yes, and that's another reason why I'm thinking about buying the appearance pack. You can only buy BIO points in $5 increments. $5 is not enough to buy Kasumi. Therefore you must get $10. That leaves $3 left over. I can get the appearance pack, or let the $3 sit there awaiting some distant paid-for DLC that hasn't even been announced yet.

Yes, I realize that they did it precisely that way on purpose. So what? It's a good strategy, kudos to whoever thought of it. Unlike many, I don't get irritated by a company that successfully "manipulates" me into wanting to purchase something, as long as they're not lying about the content of the purchase.

As for "it should be free"... sure, and by the exact same token, Firewalker should've cost money, and more than $2 too. Getting particularly irate about the former is only going to induce them to transfer it to the latter. You don't have to buy the appearance pack, but I hope people don't complain overloud about it and wind up making Bioware decide to make the *must have* content cost money since making the optional stuff cost only winds up pissing people off.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 23 March 2010 - 06:47 AM.

#104 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:01 AM

BioWare points actually come in four tiers, not increments of currency, and the second tier is what you will need for a 7$ DLC. I also dislike the new standard of making DLC and mostly forgetting about legit expansions, so that will always color my opinions.

Posted Image

#105 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:25 AM

I had 1040 BioWare points leftover from when I bought Return to Ostagar, so I went ahead and got the alternative appearance pack, against my better judgment (I'm kinda tired of being milked for all I'm worth). I have to say they're nothing special, but Garrus' new armor makes the whole 160 points worthwhile. It glows blue, and... it's actually *fixed*!! ^_^ Still seems like something that should have been free or included in the game to begin with, but... *sigh*

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#106 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

I downloaded just the Firewalker Pack, personally I feel no need to pay for new outfits. It's really convenient for BioWare that they never released a toolset for ME2... nobody even questions that decision anymore, because ME1 is the precedent.

Updated Cerberus Info

#107 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:30 AM

News:
ME2 - Shooter or RPG? @ Game Zenith
Firewalker DLC Review @ Thankless Grind
Scars of War Developer Reviews ME2: Part Two @ Blog of War
ME2 - Futuristic Science Explained - Dr. Michio Kaku Speaks @ GameTrailers

#108 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

Kasumi DLC News:
Preview @ IGN
Trailer @ GameTrailers
Featured @ GameSpot
Preview @ AtomicGamer

#109 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

The folks at Mass Effect Wiki have updated Kasumi's page with some details, spoiler warnings apply: http://masseffect.wi...iki/Kasumi_Goto

#110 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

ME2 Class Guides:
Adept
Soldier
Sentinel
Engineer
Infiltrator
Vanguard

#111 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:04 AM

Just a reminder that the Kasumi DLC should be released today.

#112 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:00 AM

Release Notes:

Kasumi - Stolen Memory is out now on Xbox 360 and PC!

Cerberus has procured the service of Kasumi Goto, the galaxy's most enigmatic master thief. In return for her help, Kasumi has asked Shepard's help on a dangerous heist to infiltrate the vault of a deadly master criminal named Donovan Hock.

Kasumi - Stolen Memory includes a new squad member, mission, weapon, research upgrade, casual outfit, and achievement.

Sign into Xbox LIVE or log into the BioWare Social site to download it now!

#113 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:10 AM

Kasumi DLC Reviews:
Review @ RunDLC
Review @ Aftershock
Review @ EuroGamer
Review @ Substance-TV
Review @ Just Push Start
Review @ Thankless Grind

#114 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

Yet More Kasumi DLC Reviews:
Review @ G4TV
Review @ GameSpot
Video Review @ GameTrailers

#115 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

News:
GameBanshee Updates Their ME2 Section: Walkthrough, Updated Database (Kasumi's Stolen Memory)

#116 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:39 PM

News:
Assembling the Art @ Pixologic
Old Fashioned Prejudices @ Rebel Yell

#117 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

News, New DLC:

Other than Collectors abducting colonists? Well, we got tons of awesome updates for you!

First, make sure to tune in early next week for some exciting news about upcoming DLC! If you haven't already, make sure to check out our Downloadable Content page for all the latest, including Shepard's 12th squad member Kasumi Goto.

Also coming in early May will be the 4th and final issue of Mass Effect Redemption on iTunes. Issues 1-3 are already on sale through iTunes, and coming soon will be the Mass Effect graphic novel, featuring all 4 issues, available in June.

Our BioWare Store has also been updated with some new items, including a new Geth N7 shirt! Make sure stop by and check it out!

#118 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

For those interested, GamesRadar has posted a three-page article titled The Making of Mass Effect 2.

The Making of Mass Effect 2 @ GamesRadar

#119 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

News:
Casey Hudson Retrospective Interview @ CVG
Composer Jack Wall Interview @ Overclocked Remix

#120 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:53 AM

News:
Overlord DLC Is Now Available
Mass Effect 2 Demo @ BioWare Social
ME2 Quick Late Review by Jeff Vogel @ The Bottom Feeder Blog

Edit: Overlord DLC Status Update

Edited by Archmage Silver, 15 June 2010 - 08:44 AM.