• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

I did get the opportunity to read some of the hidden dialog regarding Legion & Tali available earlier in the game (it's all up in the "trivia" section of the character's page on the Mass Effect wiki), and I can't say I disagree with their final choice. I like having them, particularly Legion, available only towards the end of the game. It wouldn't have made much sense to have Legion walking around the galaxy and causing, in the worst case, panic, and the best case, skepticism.

I had no idea about Kasumi, though. Though we have a timeline on the release for new DLC?

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#122 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:50 AM

If anyone is interested in seeing for themselves, it's seems to be safe to use Gibbed's save editor to add Legion to the crew at Omega. This does break sequence a little - the game seems to think you've already done Horizon and the Collector Ship, so loyalty missions will open up much earlier than they should, but as near as I can tell, it doesn't mess with those two missions themselves, and the mission where you acquire Legion goes as normal - yes, there will be both the NPC Legion and the party member Legion. Haven't tested this or Horizon myself, so take that with a grain of salt.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#123 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:57 AM

My Mass Effect 2 N7 Hoody arrived yesterday along with my new sound card - now I can get back to playing in style! 8)

#124 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

Oooh, awesome!!! The hoody looked pretty stylish, but I also had my eye on the N7 baby tee... ^_^ Are you happy with your hoody, (ie is it good quality)?

Anyways, I'm still on my second playthrough, progress is a lot slower on Insanity level! But being Renagade is fun!!! I got to head butt a krogan! :D

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#125 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, it's good quality. The N7 logo and the sleeve stripe are well done, so I wouldn't expect those to start flaking off anytime soon. The hoody itself is not one of those really heavy duty hoodies you usually see in similar colors, but is actually a lot lighter than it looks, which I think is good.

#126 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

It's a pity they no longer have the crew T-shirts with the N7 stripe. Or that they never had those as Baby T-Shirts. I guess the ladies on the Team of Bioware wore the Male T-Shirts as well. I'm holding on to mine in any case.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#127 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

Meh, can't for the life of me get ME1 to work, so I've decided to skip it for now and give ME2 a try : / .

I've never played such a keyboard-reliant game before (used to mostly pointing and clicking). I just got my arse whipped by the first enemies you meet in the first mission after your first meeting with the quarians; this is gonna take lots o' get'n used to, methinks. Will keep plugging away, though, cuz what little I've played was already quite fun :) .

Still wanna get ME1 working sooner or later, though...

Edited by Galsic, 17 April 2010 - 10:10 PM.

(I like parentheses.)

#128 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:08 AM

Did my post in your thread not help at all? If you can run ME2, there's no reason in the world, that I can think of, why you couldn't run ME1... :unsure:

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#129 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

Bought it today, and played about 1-2hrs. Excellent so far!!! I'm enjoying this much more than DAO. Not that DAO is a bad game (especially Awakening was very well done) but pretty much any fantasy rpg (with elves, dwarves, humans) just cannot be as good as BG2 (well, at least for me). This is 1st time I'm playing a shooter rpg, so I'm not quite used to it, but hell, I'm having a blast here. It sort of urks me that.. none of companions look interesting to me. Female Shapard gets so many alien romances (it urks me!) and one lesbian romance (also... Oo to me) and one human male romance. Seems like I have only one choice *sigh*.

#130 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:12 AM

Give the Garrus and Thane romances a try, you won't regret it. Jacob is by far the least interesting option. Garrus was the first vanilla Bioware romance that really made me squee. :wub:
I'd really recommend the female options too - Jack's hard to like at first but the romance is very rearding. And everyone likes Tali.

#131 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

This is 1st time I'm playing a shooter rpg, so I'm not quite used to it, but hell, I'm having a blast here.

It'll grow on you if you're not careful. ;)

Personally I find shooter RPGs (ME series, FO3) and plain shooters quite relaxing, although I'm sure someone might have a problem with associating relaxation with shooting stuff. :P

#132 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:38 AM

I had a go with the PC demo of ME2 and I can certainly say PC has the better graphics when maxed compared to X360, but the controls on the X360 feels more natural to me when playing.

It also gave me the chance to see My Shepard in better detail. :P

#133 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:23 AM

I've finished ME2 few days ago. I loved it :D It is now officially my 2nd favourite game of all time. Shame though, I have no intention to replay it. I romanced Garrus and HE IS HILARIOUS!!! Absolutely cute lol. Jacob was plain boring to romance and Thane was... bit depressing and his frog look didn't help either (lol). BTW I really love female shepard voice<3